DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION - DEC 2019

RIPPA

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Is that what used to be called "the implant buster"? 

I don’t think so, that’s Kong’s finish right?  I’m talking about Beth Phoenix’s glam slam, Catalina used it in that video and Taya uses it on Impact.

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

I forgot about 3.0 and Outliers. Imperium is more NXT UK. Lee/Riddle aren't official team. Wasn't sure 1-2 was still around even with Oney supposedly signing back up.

I thought the same thing about Imperium, but they’re listed on NXT’s roster as well as NXT UK’s roster, as is Pete Dunne. Surprisingly, Mustache Mountain was not, although that’s another team that could obviously be in the tournament again. 

The North American Open Challenge was taped before last week's show (along with another random match)

That tag match has yet to take place

EDIT - Shane Thorne vs Sean Maluta was the random match, not sure if it was taped though

Per Meltzer - the Lee/Rush vs. Priest/Nese tag match is being taped tonight during the Smackdown tapings

There are also two women's matches that were taped on Wednesday (I am putting the matches in spoilers NOT the results but I also know people are super sensitive)

Spoiler

Candice LeRae vs. Taynara

Bianca Belair vs. Shotzi Blackheart

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

In 2020, can you please. PLEASE get Stokely on TV for crying out loud?! 

They could sneak him in the background of some interviews mugging for the camera. (I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the first time they did something like this.)

Finally seen Lio Rush vs Garza from a week ago, it's nice how they worked it like they had heat with each other. Seeing Miz Wrestling Wyatt as if he wasn't a creep and playing mind games with him through his family, I thought it was nice to see Rush and Garza bring it. Most heated feuds you wouldn't even expect had a backstory if you watched the matches without commentary.

7 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Finally seen Lio Rush vs Garza from a week ago, it's nice how they worked it like they had heat with each other. Seeing Miz Wrestling Wyatt as if he wasn't a creep and playing mind games with him through his family, I thought it was nice to see Rush and Garza bring it. Most heated feuds you wouldn't even expect had a backstory if you watched the matches without commentary.

Miz had to be pulled off by the ref multiple times and tried to break Bray's arm.

I know it's essentially the same audience every week but fuck, am I the only one who thinks the Wednesday night NXT crowd is just consistently more enjoyable than those on any other show? Seeing them lose their shit for Ripley's win was really great, their enthusiasm adds to everything and they seem to understand and respect their kayfabe role of booing and cheering the "correct" wrestlers.

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

I know it's essentially the same audience every week but fuck, am I the only one who thinks the Wednesday night NXT crowd is just consistently more enjoyable than those on any other show? Seeing them lose their shit for Ripley's win was really great, their enthusiasm adds to everything and they seem to understand and respect their kayfabe role of booing and cheering the "correct" wrestlers.

They’re probably the best crowd, but I’d readily admit a) that’s a low bar and b) they still have their moments. I think they generally have the enthusiasm similar to a Raw After Mania crowd (obviously on a smaller scale), without the over the top nature of that crowd.

The Full Sail crowd was at its best for the Adam Rose debut, complete with drowning out people who tried to start a Leo Kruger chant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

They’re probably the best crowd, but I’d readily admit a) that’s a low bar and b) they still have their moments. I think they generally have the enthusiasm similar to a Raw After Mania crowd (obviously on a smaller scale), without the over the top nature of that crowd.

The Full Sail crowd was at its best for the Adam Rose debut, complete with drowning out people who tried to start a Leo Kruger chant.

I was impressed when they shut down somebody who tried a CM Punk chant.  There's still some idiots in there but thankfully the dumb chants don't last long.

I generally love the NXT crowd but the AEW crowds tend to be mostly pretty darn good as well.  It's a bigger arena but when good stuff happens they're pretty darn into it.  Either way no matter what show you watch on Wednesdays it's going to be a darn good atmosphere.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

My main issue with AEW crowds is that they pop for everything, chant for everybody, and totally don't help with the face/heel dynamic. Great energy overall, though. 

Is it really that different though? 
Any time a match starts getting good on either show it always turns in to dueling chants. 
Aren’t they still darkening the crowd and filming Finn’s entrance to avoid showing everyone in the crowd still going along with it? 

I will admit when it comes to the latter NXT does try harder to make the distinction between face/heel clearer but come match time it’s all out the window on either show. 

• Like 1

NXT and NXT UK will air live on BT Sport as part of the new TV deal

NXT and NXT UK will be part of WWE's new television deal in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

BT Sport announced today that NXT and NXT UK are joining their lineup of WWE programming. WWE's deal with BT Sport goes into effect tomorrow (January 1, 2020).

Like Raw and SmackDown, NXT will air live on BT Sport at the same time as it airs in the United States. The first show on BT will be this week's taped episode of NXT, which begins at 1 a.m. local time on January 2 for those in the UK and Ireland.

BT Sport wrote that "as well as airing all Raw, SmackDown and NXT shows live, BT Sport will also show primetime same day repeats. In addition, customers can catch up on all the overnight action whenever and wherever they like via the enhanced video player on the BT Sport app on mobile and BTSport.com."

BT Sport noted that full schedule details are to be announced for NXT UK. The show airs on the WWE Network on Thursdays.

After a 30-year partnership, WWE closed out their run on Sky Sports with last night's Raw.