DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION - DEC 2019

RIPPA

1 hour ago, matt925 said:

Going to the nxt house show in San Jose next Sunday. Bringing my almost 4 year old to his first wrestling show so I’m super excited. Not sure how he’ll do, it’s really the perfect show to bring him too, I’m not super invested and tickets were $20 so if he wants to leave early that’s fine. But I think he’ll have fun. 

The last show I went there was just before a Takeover and we basically saw a dress rehearsal of what was to come.

For some reason, lots of peeps leave their souvenirs behind when they left so I saw people picking them up for free.

Edited by turk128
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 11:12 AM, ChesterCopperpot said:

ELXfybzXsAAQ3sx?format=jpg&name=medium

I am curious though if after NXT being put over strong at Survivor Series and being a prime-time USA show, that you would think there would be some sort of stronger NXT presence in the main Wrestlemania show this year besides bodies in the battle Royal. Like maybe Takeover will be main evented by a feud-culminating grudge match while the NXT Championship and/or NXT Womens Championship will be defended on the main show?

20 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

I am curious though if after NXT being put over strong at Survivor Series and being a prime-time USA show, that you would think there would be some sort of stronger NXT presence in the main Wrestlemania show this year besides bodies in the battle Royal. Like maybe Takeover will be main evented by a feud-culminating grudge match while the NXT Championship and/or NXT Womens Championship will be defended on the main show?

I don't think there's really a good candidate for a feud-culminating grudge match, though. The ship has sailed (so to speak) for Gargano/Ciampa. Gargano/Balor and Kai/Knox won't have that kind of heat and those are the biggest two feuds simmering in NXT now. Keith Lee or Rhea Ripley winning a belt there is still the best play, but I don't think you want both on the same show. I think the Ripley chase has more legs since she can feud with Kai to build both women's feuds. Lee should take the belt in a squash next week, then retain in a longer match at TO: Portland. Then he can defend against Ciampa for something fresh at Tampa.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, APO said:

When do the Tampa tickets go on sale? Going to WM for the first time ever with some friends and wanted to see if we could squeeze it in too. 

For the public - tomorrow

Presale is ongoing right now (not sure what the code word is)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For the public - tomorrow

Presale is ongoing right now (not sure what the code word is)

I think Charlotte Tweeted that "Queen" is one. Not sure if that's for individual events or a ticket for the entire week(HOF/NXT/Smackdown/WM/Raw)

On 12/9/2019 at 3:15 AM, matt925 said:

Going to the nxt house show in San Jose next Sunday. Bringing my almost 4 year old to his first wrestling show so I’m super excited. Not sure how he’ll do, it’s really the perfect show to bring him too, I’m not super invested and tickets were $20 so if he wants to leave early that’s fine. But I think he’ll have fun. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Goodear said:

To input a totally random question, why is the double chickenwing face slam used so much by women wrestlers and not by men?  

Every indie guy is to busy learning Roll the Dice as their finisher after hitting 1080° corkscrews through steel chair transition spots.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

The Dusty Classic is confirmed to return next year.

Wonder if NXT UK teams end up participating. NXT itself is a little light on teams. Won't happen, but I hope Breezango make the finals.

57 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Wonder if NXT UK teams end up participating. NXT itself is a little light on teams. Won't happen, but I hope Breezango make the finals.

By my count, there are eight teams based off the NXT roster on WWE.com:

Undisputed Era

1-2

Forgotten Sons

Breezango

Imperium

Riddle/Lee

Outliers

Interestingly, half of the Dusty Classic finalists have been makeshift teams (over half if you count O’Reilly/Cole).