DVDVR Message Board

Twitter videos not playing

Jiji

Am I the only one who cannot play embedded Twitter videos the past week or so? I hope this hasn't been discussed elsewhere but I did a cursory glance and couldn't find anything. Sorry if it has.

Anyway, once I open the twitter link in a new tab, it'll play in DVDVR and the new tab. That's on the desktop version of Chrome. They don't play on the Android version either.

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

GIF is good, Video isn't.  Could be some combination of AdBlocker and/or Theme,.  I'm more inclined to go with theme, since I get issues on mobile as well.

And I am running AdBlocker and the video is again working fine for me.

But I will always blame the random changes they make to the board on the backend when I run updates

What's been happening to me is I click the video, it tells me "media cannot be played" I click it again the preview screen comes back, I click it again and it plays fine. No idea why, but only slightly annoying

Unfortunately it ain't that either as I use ublock and whitelist the site (adblock was not working well prior to the changeover for me either). Strange that it works in an incognito tab but when I disable all of my extensions and even sign out in a standard tab that embedded gifs/videos still don't work. This is not the only site either, as they don't work on the Observer board either. So it has to be some weird issue between Twitter, Chrome, and perhaps message board coding.

Edit: it does it on general webpages too, not just forums. So it's something going on with Twitter & Chrome.

Edited by Oyaji