DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

Just wanted to point out that while I'm all about mocking Randy's fashion choice(s) back then a friend of mine was absolutely obsessed with him during that time period.  So showing him these pictures are likely going to bring back quite the memories.  I think it was a few months after his face run that he lost interest for some reason.  Man, those early 2000s looks are cringe-worthy to look at now but I miss that time period.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You all react like none of you took a picture in the 2000's.  ?

And speaking of that spoilered pic, what ever happened to Johnny Stamboli.   I know he became Rellik, but I haven't seen any updates about him in years and years. 

I doubt more than one or two people at best are built anything remotely like Randy Orton was at that point.

@NikoBaltimore can't tag because the board hates me, but yeah. Of course Iraq and 9/11 dominated those early 2000's but domestically I miss them way more than I thought. Growing up on a cocktail of Tony Hawk, South Park and Pro-Wrestling, life was simple, or so I remember? I think a great emphasis was put on the entertainment industry to be an instrument to keep the populace distracted from the hellfire in the middle east as a product of the insane foreign policy of the Bush years. Nowadays I'm perplexed how such novelties like TV shows and games can form identities and tend to be highly critical of consumerism as a whole. The more politically nuanced I have become the more I hate everything. So I guess my point is, don't follow politics?

Anyway Orton peaked in 2004. Amazing really. He's never truly hit those heights of that run with Foley up until he beat Benoit and HHH trampled all over him.

Edited by Rehabilitated Rick
  • Like 2

I remember being on forums during Randy's transition to the legend killer model, and it was always received as astroturfed . Randy's face run was hamstrung and broken from the beginning. Triple H can LARP as an ally to the IWC but he did more damage to the nurturing of talent than anyone else in those years. It took Vince to hound him down to take the fall for Cena at Mania that year. Triple H was a tumor in the industry in those years where all of those attitude era fans dropped off. But no-one ever mentions it. lol. NXT is apparently his redemption arc? I'm not buying it.

EDIT: Kinda wish this was in the chat thread.

Edited by Rehabilitated Rick
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Totally guilty of owning many a pair of bootcuts, but never have I donned Jesus sandals, much to my Mother's dismay.

Last time I heard Johnny The Bull was part of the class action suit against WWE that got tossed. He's only 42.

According to Bob Holly's autobiography, Johnny the Bull wearing a t-shirt that said, "Go Fuck Your Mother" on an airplane was the impetus for Vince to implement the dress code.

• Haha 4