Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Recommended Posts

It doesn't take away at all from his gesture, and I don't mean to be a big old fuckhead, but there is something that rings very hollow when someone does a good deed in front of a camera. Just do the fucking deed. 

Now that I'm done being all bitchmade, I will say that it is awesome of him to hook that person up with clothes and food. I work in social services, and even here in California, people are cold and wet and bummed this time of year. Shelters don't exist anymore in a lot of places, and the ones that do are sometimes just as toxic as street living. Not enough people are willing to give, be it time or food or clothes or care.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 6:56 PM, SorceressKnight said:

The weird thing is- you can make an argument that Cody Rhodes isn't even the biggest indictment of the modern WWE system on the AEW roster.

At least Cody was always notably good at working in that late 2000s-early 2010s WWE style, with that run where he was one of the few generic WWE trained guys who always seemed to find a spot on the Wrestlemania card when getting a Mania match meant you MATTERED that year. Even if he seemed bland and was the same as everyone else, there was a good chance that Cody was going to break out one of these days and become something special. 

Jake Hager, on the other hand? If you could pick a list of what you wanted the next top star in WWE to have in 2007, Hager would have ticked every single box on the list. The fact that he turned out to be forgettable and just another guy was probably a bigger indictment of the style than Cody not making it in the WWE was. 

It's Moxley. Dude should have been the guy built around. Great, non-cookie cutter look. Strong promo as a babyface or heel. Can work at a high enough level to go consistently with the Styles and Bryans of the world. Routinely drew well as a main event act on house show loops. But instead they pivoted to Rollins for reasons that exceed my level of understanding. Hager is a strong pick, too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

It doesn't take away at all from his gesture, and I don't mean to be a big old fuckhead, but there is something that rings very hollow when someone does a good deed in front of a camera. Just do the fucking deed. 

Now that I'm done being all bitchmade, I will say that it is awesome of him to hook that person up with clothes and food. I work in social services, and even here in California, people are cold and wet and bummed this time of year. Shelters don't exist anymore in a lot of places, and the ones that do are sometimes just as toxic as street living. Not enough people are willing to give, be it time or food or clothes or care.

 

I get what you're saying but maybe he's doing the good deed in front of a camera so the 100K+ followers he has can see it, be inspired and do their own good deeds as well? 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Peck said:

I get what you're saying but maybe he's doing the good deed in front of a camera so the 100K+ followers he has can see it, be inspired and do their own good deeds as well? 

Yo, absolutely. I'm just being callous and shitty because that is the kind of dude I am. 

I've never heard a bad word about the guy, so it's way more likely he's doing it because he's awesome, not because he wants internet street cred.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a good deed unless others know you did it and it makes the news and you can write it off on your taxes. See this fake political cartoon for further information.

thv2ip8vnkday8qk0o1j.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

It doesn't take away at all from his gesture, and I don't mean to be a big old fuckhead, but there is something that rings very hollow when someone does a good deed in front of a camera. Just do the fucking deed. 

Now that I'm done being all bitchmade, I will say that it is awesome of him to hook that person up with clothes and food. I work in social services, and even here in California, people are cold and wet and bummed this time of year. Shelters don't exist anymore in a lot of places, and the ones that do are sometimes just as toxic as street living. Not enough people are willing to give, be it time or food or clothes or care.

 

Naw man, I had the exact same thought. Fuck that shit.

We've come a long way from Dickensian England with that italicized bit. It's definitely an issue here in Vancouver too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Swiftian said:

Are there any wrestlers who have worked a match (rather than worked backstage) in all 5 of the recent big companies in the US (WWE/WCW/ECW/TNA/AEW) I would think the closest is Jericho but I'm pretty sure he never went near TNA. Did Billy Gunn ever work WCW and ECW (even the McMahon reboot)? Speaking of that reboot, did Dustin Rhodes work there? I think he might be the guy.

Mick Foley, minus AEW, is another one.

- RAF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

John Morrison WWE signing just officially announced on Backstage

 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the likelihood of PCO wrestling at some point in AEW is high, and when that happens he should be presented with a trophy because that's pretty much all of them. The list of companies that guy hasn't worked for is longer than the ones he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

John Morrison WWE signing just officially announced on Backstage

I'm not at all the biggest Morrison fan, though I liked Lucha Underground Morrison more than most versions. That said, I think they should push him to the moon. They've killed almost everyone else over the years. He's a recognized name that'll appeal to people who were watching at various points in the last ten years (not as much so as Rey or Matt Hardy but that's not the direction they want to go with them). He's credible, established, and undamaged. There's almost no one on the roster you can say that about. Get 6-9 months out of pushing him hard. If it works, great. If it doesn't, you'll probably get a couple of months grace out of it so you can prep a guy like Keith Lee.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rollins vs. Morrison sounds like the match being played on a loop while my eyes are forced open Clockwork Orange style in my bleakest nightmares.

So that's going to happen. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure it is mentioned elsewhere (probably the RAW thread but that place scares me) but the WWE announced that Dio Maddin won't be returning to commentary on RAW. They are going with the "he still wants to be a wrestler" excuse.

Samoa Joe will be the fill in until he is cleared to wrestle

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morrison became a pretty good shithead heel during his time in LU, but he kinda needs Taya to make the whole thing work, or at least another heel valet (well, valet is not a great word because they should be partners and she should be able to wrestle. Another female heel partner, then.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Edited by The Natural
Added Dana Brooke's reply.
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CM Punk on Hulk Hogan:

WWE Backstage personality and former Superstar CM Punk had no kind words for Hulk Hogan during a recent appearance on Windy City Live's 2 Minute Warning.

'The Voice Of The Voiceless' may not have loaned his takes to this week's FS1 sister show, but he had plenty to add to the Chicago-based short, much to the pleasure and surprise of host Ryan Chiaverini.

'The Hulkster came up during discussion of prior legends, with Punk noting that "I wasn't a Hogan guy. I've met him. I like him even less now". As the host jokingly suggested that Punk was "crushing his childhood dreams", the former WWE Champion retorted with the humorously curt "f*ck him!

Fuck Hulk Hogan.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The Natural said:

CM Punk on Hulk Hogan:

WWE Backstage personality and former Superstar CM Punk had no kind words for Hulk Hogan during a recent appearance on Windy City Live's 2 Minute Warning.

'The Voice Of The Voiceless' may not have loaned his takes to this week's FS1 sister show, but he had plenty to add to the Chicago-based short, much to the pleasure and surprise of host Ryan Chiaverini.

'The Hulkster came up during discussion of prior legends, with Punk noting that "I wasn't a Hogan guy. I've met him. I like him even less now". As the host jokingly suggested that Punk was "crushing his childhood dreams", the former WWE Champion retorted with the humorously curt "f*ck him!

Fuck Hulk Hogan.

nsr.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am sure it is mentioned elsewhere (probably the RAW thread but that place scares me) but the WWE announced that Dio Maddin won't be returning to commentary on RAW. They are going with the "he still wants to be a wrestler" excuse.

Samoa Joe will be the fill in until he is cleared to wrestle

I had no idea Dio Maddin was a wrestler.

Not making that up.  I literally had no clue what the guy's background was.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sad.    Happy for Johnny, he's a good dude and he'll prob make great money, but I wanted Johnny vs Omega so much.  Just felt that would have been awesome.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Whodathunkit said:

I had no idea Dio Maddin was a wrestler.

Not making that up.  I literally had no clue what the guy's background was.

You have a good excuse - he's only wrestled on TV once, to job to Raul Mendoza on NXT. He'd also been languishing at the PC and on the Florida loop for three years prior, so I'm not sure going back to being a wrestler is going to work out for him. 

 

9 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Are the Usos injured/in the doghouse? I can't remember the last time I saw them on tv.

Presumably still in trouble for their refusal to stop getting drunk and running into the police. 

Edited by MORELOCK
"MXT"
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Are the Usos injured/in the doghouse? I can't remember the last time I saw them on tv.

No one really knows. The best guess is the doghouse for Jimmy's drinking. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...