Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

Recommended Posts

I'll leave this here since the EVOLVE and NXT UK threads don't get a lot of traffic.

Per Mike Johnson:

Quote

WALTER's WWE UK Championship belt, as well as WALTER's passport, were stolen earlier today in Chicago, IL after a smash and grab of the rental car WALTER had the items inside, PWInsider.com has learned.

We are also told that Timothy Thatcher's rental car was also broken into and he had property stolen in the smash and grab.

We are told by several local independent wrestlers that there's been recent rash of cars being broken into near Logan Square in Chicago, where tonight's EVOLVE 142 event is slated to be held.

WALTER is facing EVOLVE Champion Josh Briggs in the main event of tonight's event.

 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Is he just fucking with people or does he have some legit issues seeing that he just did his damnedest to get released last month?

With the ACH thing, one thing to be mentioned...WWE, like most pro wrestling companies, run something that hits into the ground, and then keep running it until absolutely no one cares about it. It's just how pro wrestling does. You just don't see one-hit wonders in pro wrestling, and if there is a one-hit wonder, something had to be seriously wrong there.

Jordan Myles ended up as a one-hit wonder in WWE- showed up, won the Breakout tournament, got a big match with Adam Cole, and was never seen again. This is virtually unprecedented in WWE history- the only other wrestler I can think of who counts as a one-hit wonder like that was Muhammad Hassan, and he also had things outside of WWE's control cause him to be a one-hit wonder.

I'd defer to something being seriously wrong just because this does not happen in WWE.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

`

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Jesus Christ...

Y

Since it's pro wrestling, I expect he'll be available for indy dates again around February.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

With the ACH thing, one thing to be mentioned...WWE, like most pro wrestling companies, run something that hits into the ground, and then keep running it until absolutely no one cares about it. It's just how pro wrestling does. You just don't see one-hit wonders in pro wrestling, and if there is a one-hit wonder, something had to be seriously wrong there.

Jordan Myles ended up as a one-hit wonder in WWE- showed up, won the Breakout tournament, got a big match with Adam Cole, and was never seen again. This is virtually unprecedented in WWE history- the only other wrestler I can think of who counts as a one-hit wonder like that was Muhammad Hassan, and he also had things outside of WWE's control cause him to be a one-hit wonder.

I'd defer to something being seriously wrong just because this does not happen in WWE.

Yes, I found that strange too that he was being pushed very well for a few weeks than it just stopped. If he had gotten the same push literally a few weeks later when they got on USA I'd image they would've kept it going. The shirt issue is a whole nother topic and shouldn't be down played regardless of his obvious issues but I'd think if his push hadn't stopped, he might've reacted differently IDK. 

I hope he gets help, take time away whatever he needs. I'm sure he probably second guesses his decision to speak out about the shirt when he sees his buddies on PPV and Cable every now, that may run through his head that he could've been in that spot too. 

His biggest problem is reacting to people on social media. People are going to have their harsh opinions but that comes with the territory. You don't need to react to negative fans, its only going to make them go harder on you, and the fact that it bothers you is an even bigger issue he may have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw the commercial for NCIS Los Angeles with shane McMahon and him trying to play a serious "this is an emergency" role is going to be hard to swallow.   I mean not Miz in the Marine hard to swallow but still

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Yes, I found that strange too that he was being pushed very well for a few weeks than it just stopped. If he had gotten the same push literally a few weeks later when they got on USA I'd image they would've kept it going. The shirt issue is a whole nother topic and shouldn't be down played regardless of his obvious issues but I'd think if his push hadn't stopped, he might've reacted differently IDK. 

I hope he gets help, take time away whatever he needs. I'm sure he probably second guesses his decision to speak out about the shirt when he sees his buddies on PPV and Cable every now, that may run through his head that he could've been in that spot too. 

His biggest problem is reacting to people on social media. People are going to have their harsh opinions but that comes with the territory. You don't need to react to negative fans, its only going to make them go harder on you, and the fact that it bothers you is an even bigger issue he may have.

He went off tv not because his push ended, but because he apparently suffered a breakdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 9:10 PM, Smelly McUgly said:

Question for the folks here: If I wanted to watch the best of Dan Severn, what would be the most accessible and best stuff to watch?

He excelled in Japan, his work only ever looked natural or clicked there imo but matches are few and far between

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Just saw the commercial for NCIS Los Angeles with shane McMahon and him trying to play a serious "this is an emergency" role is going to be hard to swallow.   I mean not Miz in the Marine hard to swallow but still

 

Is tomorrow night a new episode or a rerun?  He guested on an episode earlier this season (?  Or maybe last season), but I didn't think he had a big part.

I could be wrong.  I haven't watched a full episode of NCIS since season 2.  I think the current season is season.... nine?  Ten?  Eleven, maybe?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Whodathunkit said:

Is tomorrow night a new episode or a rerun?  He guested on an episode earlier this season (?  Or maybe last season), but I didn't think he had a big part.

I could be wrong.  I haven't watched a full episode of NCIS since season 2.  I think the current season is season.... nine?  Ten?  Eleven, maybe?

This will be a new one, season 11. His first appearance back in March was season 10 and yeah, he was only in the first 5-10 minutes of the episode. Goldberg was in the same episode and had a bigger role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is Tammy Sytch's 47 birthday.   She has been incarcerated since February.  Has anyone heard a word or any update at all on her situation?  I've seen nothing since around August

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

He excelled in Japan, his work only ever looked natural or clicked there imo but matches are few and far between

I always thought his match with Tarzan Goto at the King of Death Match tournament was pretty damn good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Jesus Christ...

Yeah, dude needs some help. Shad called him out too. This is sad to watch.

meanwhile on tonight's MLW, they ran a "ACH is returning to MLW soon" promo.

Depends on how one defines "soon"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

meanwhile on tonight's MLW, they ran a "ACH is returning to MLW soon" promo.

Depends on how one defines "soon"

They've already pulled him from bookings and ads for upcoming shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good move on their part for not committing to being specific. But I guess we know that the show is in the can for at least a day before it premieres or else they just cut the video and don't play it tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

good move on their part for not committing to being specific. But I guess we know that the show is in the can for at least a day before it premieres or else they just cut the video and don't play it tonight. 

MLW made the change sometime this afternoon so I'm guessing they just didn't have time to edit their video for tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the last month of the feds in the "Feds just trying to make a buck" folder has been sponsored by the difficulties of last minute video editing

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Don't you disparage the goddamn good name of Al Madril like that.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

the last month of the feds in the "Feds just trying to make a buck" folder has been sponsored by the difficulties of last minute video editing

That is just magnificent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

He excelled in Japan, his work only ever looked natural or clicked there imo but matches are few and far between

There's a good Wrestlecade match with a very green Josh Woods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder what was the final breaking point?  I mean it seemed like that they wouldn't release him until the last minute of his contract

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably freeing up money for that contract extension Revival are gonna sign. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“The Big Rig“ Brodie Lee coming to AEW?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...