DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

23 minutes ago, nate said:

Has anyone been more injury prone than Orton?  I'd be interested in seeing a comparative analysis of his time on the DL vs his time active.

Orton's up there. Other names: Edge and Triple H.

On the opposite end, Kane. I can only remember one injury, his bicep tear putting him out for four months in 2002.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, nate said:

Has anyone been more injury prone than Orton?  I'd be interested in seeing a comparative analysis of his time on the DL vs his time active.

For a guy that is in such terrific shape (and anyone that doesn't think pro-wrestlers are in terrific shape doesn't know any), the dude is incredibly fragile. It isn't like he's doing a lot of high-risk or difficult moves, Randy pretty much wrestles the same smart, reasonably safe style of match no matter what. The dude is just like bone china...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

On the opposite end, Kane. I can only remember one injury, his bicep tear putting him out for four months in 2002.

Wasn’t Wade Barrett on the dL more than he was active during his wwe tenure?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Wasn’t Wade Barrett on the dL more than he was active during his wwe tenure?

Wade Barrett's a good shout and he wasn't there long, 'bout five years from the original NXT in Feb 2010 till 2015.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

For a guy that is in such terrific shape (and anyone that doesn't think pro-wrestlers are in terrific shape doesn't know any), the dude is incredibly fragile. It isn't like he's doing a lot of high-risk or difficult moves, Randy pretty much wrestles the same smart, reasonably safe style of match no matter what. The dude is just like bone china...

Bad genetics, innit? The Orton family have always had a hard time with injuries. I hear his Dad broke his arm once, and two years later it still hadn't healed! Unbelievable! 

There is actually a video out there of a dweeby internet reporter interviewing Randy Orton on YouTube, and calling him fragile TO HIS FACE. Orton did not take it very well. Boy lucky the cameras were there, I reckon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Jericho beats that. His last injury was the broken arm before SMW Night of Legends, 1993.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nate said:

DDP had broke ribs for like 3 years. 

Poor Owen nursed that broken hand for 2 it seems.

And dont get me started on Cowboy Bob Orton...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

Bad genetics, innit? The Orton family have always had a hard time with injuries. I hear his Dad broke his arm once, and two years later it still hadn't healed! Unbelievable! 

There is actually a video out there of a dweeby internet reporter interviewing Randy Orton on YouTube, and calling him fragile TO HIS FACE. Orton did not take it very well. Boy lucky the cameras were there, I reckon.

? Holy shit, I'm 5 '10 and 260 lbs. (basically built like a tank) with close to twenty years of Muay Thai practice and I can't imagine calling any pro-wrestler "fragile" TO HIS FACE, we can say that Randy is fragile for a pro-wrestler, but I guarantee that in my prime I wouldn't have lasted two days doing what he does week in and week out. Those guys are tough on a level that most of us can't even begin to imagine. At the convention where I hung out with Raven, he picked me up for a slam just fooling around in a hotel room, dude felt like he was made out of concrete.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Natural said:

That really is the end of an era. I started back in 1993 as my Grandma and Grandad got Sky before us, a reason why I got into pro wrestling. We've had Sky since Survivor Series 1994.

Well, you guys can always watch tapes of Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks! ?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Meltzer? 

?.

I've known the guy for close to forty years and while I wouldn't call him "Big Dave", the dude is in fantastic shape. I think he still power lifts at 61. 

The first WWE show on BT Sport is Smackdown on Friday. Same channel as UFC, for anyone keeping score. SKY has Bellator MMA, and no pro wrestling (for the first time in its history).

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Don't think its a case of Kane only having one injury. Its just the only injury that forced him to take time off. I recall after some superplex spot with Show where you could clearly see him in plenty of pain that Kane was never really able to wrestle with the same level of mobility he had before then again.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

On the subject of injuries, I miss the Velveteen Dream. Shame he wasn't part of NXT's involvement in the Survivor Series last month.

this was the most disappointing thing to me about NXT getting in on the brand war. Dream would have been awesome in that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

I still remember him separating his shoulder pounding the mat while prepping for an RKO against Edge.  He injured himself during a No Mercy N64 taunt spot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2019 at 7:34 AM, OSJ said:

Big Daddy Yum Yum could show 'em how to get down to five or ten minutes. (Y'all see what I did there.)

Use to see Byron "Big Daddy Yum Yum" Wilcot at WIldkat shows. He would bring out a hot pink and purple Kaboodle,that had a purple spray painted shakeweight in it.  He was decent in ring,was shocked when that gif of him in japan came out.

Also wasn't he the one that lied and said he was the father of Awesome Kong's kid she lost?

Edited by bobholly138
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

On the subject of injuries, I miss the Velveteen Dream. Shame he wasn't part of NXT's involvement in the Survivor Series last month.

On the other hand, he deserves a better introduction to the main roster crowd than being one of many guys standing around in the ring by HHH.

• Like 1