DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

tumblr_n0ra5aPtmu1shsnaco1_250.gif

That's it, I need to look up a bunch of stuff from him. But a quick search shows he's 35 so there's still time for him, right? 

*Sees he didn't last long in FCW* Then again, maybe not. But I'll be entertained either way. 

9 hours ago, OSJ said:

NJPW's sin was looking for a partner instead of going balls to the wall on their own. They have/had TV, they have major stars that speak English, the only real knock is that they would need to adjust their booking for US tv, that's hardly a big obstacle.

What do you mean? That seems like a huge obstacle!

A World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. stockholder is suing for a peek at records that detail the company’s involvement with a football league resurrected by WWE Chairman Vincent McMahon.

The lawsuit, filed Dec. 26 in Delaware Chancery Court by an Oklahoma firefighters pension fund, claims there is “a credible basis to believe” that McMahon and other WWE senior officers breached their duties to investors by diverting valuable resources to the XFL.

The suit also suggests that the company’s board members may have failed to conduct appropriate oversight to ensure McMahon didn’t engage in transactions that conflict with WWE’s interests.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MapRef41N93W said:

What do you mean? That seems like a huge obstacle!

What's so hard about cutting twenty-minute matches down to ten? Or minimizing the silly eight and ten man tags? I wouldn't think making such adjustments would be at all difficult for someone with Gedo's smarts.

5 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

This is a great question for the agents at WWE and AEW.

Well the answer at AEW is get Kenny to quit making grotesque faces for ten minutes of camera time and you've got it!

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, OSJ said:

What's so hard about cutting twenty-minute matches down to ten? Or minimizing the silly eight and ten man tags? I wouldn't think making such adjustments would be at all difficult for someone with Gedo's smarts.

The other view is.. if I wanted to watch a US TV product, I'd watch one of the 4 promotions in the US with TV.  I watch NJPW because I want to watch NJPW, not a US product with Japanese wrestlers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

This is a great question for the agents at WWE and AEW.

For WWE it's more of a result of HHH and Shawn Michaels being hands on in NXTs inring product over the years. How many matches has HHH had on these Major Shows that's under 20 minutes. There is no excuse for Hunter to have the longest match on a card and this point. That's just his mentality. He feels he Needs 20 minutes to tell a story. Its that Harley Race/Ric Flair NWA world title match mentality he's had. He and Shawn have that same psychology in agenting these matches. Alot of these NXT Takeover main events have the same overly dramatic tropes of HHH/Taker and the Last Taker/Michaels WM matches. 

Alot of it too is the "Women's Evolution" sorta came about because the Women not getting enough time for their matches , what WWE doesn't realize is there's a difference between 2 to 3 minutes and 15 to 25 minutes and that not everyone knows how to work or pace themselves to go to long. 

Edited by Ziggy