DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That *you'd* want to avoid.  

Personally, I have no problem with anyone called "Big Daddy Yum Yum", it's 2019 brother, live like you want to live!

• Like 1

So today is the 21st anniversary of the end of Goldberg's winning streak/him losing the title to Kevin Nash. Finger poke of doom a week later aside, you know what still annoys me to no end to this day. A competent company would have had a hell of a blood feud with Goldberg and Hall. If Hall couldn't live up to his end because of his issues at the time, they could have easily had Scott Steiner dress up as a security guy and do the taser bit.

Point is they should have had Goldberg do this huge revenge feud before he finally got his chance at Hogan. Of course I feel I'm forgetting something in all of this. Did Goldberg breaking the limo window and slicing his wrist happen around this time in 99?

Edited by Phantom Lord

7 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

So today is the 21st anniversary of the end of Goldberg's winning streak/him losing the title to Kevin Nash. Finger poke of doom a week later aside, you know what still annoys me to no end to this day. A competent company would have had a hell of a blood feud with Goldberg and Hall. If Hall couldn't live up to his end because of his issues at the time, they could have easily had Scott Steiner dress up as a security guy and do the taser bit.

Point is they should have had Goldberg do this huge revenge feud before he finally got his chance at Hogan. Of course I feel I'm forgetting something in all of this. Did Goldberg breaking the limo window and slicing his wrist happen around this time in 99?

I dunno, when "Scott Steiner" is the answer, I suspect that the wrong question has been asked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I had to look up Big Daddy Yum Yum because I had an inkling that was yet another name for Mabel. 

To be fair, you really needed Thorpe announcing him to really get the full effect.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

tumblr_n0ra5aPtmu1shsnaco1_250.gif

That's it, I need to look up a bunch of stuff from him. But a quick search shows he's 35 so there's still time for him, right? 

*Sees he didn't last long in FCW* Then again, maybe not. But I'll be entertained either way. 

9 hours ago, OSJ said:

NJPW's sin was looking for a partner instead of going balls to the wall on their own. They have/had TV, they have major stars that speak English, the only real knock is that they would need to adjust their booking for US tv, that's hardly a big obstacle.

What do you mean? That seems like a huge obstacle!

A World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. stockholder is suing for a peek at records that detail the company’s involvement with a football league resurrected by WWE Chairman Vincent McMahon.

The lawsuit, filed Dec. 26 in Delaware Chancery Court by an Oklahoma firefighters pension fund, claims there is “a credible basis to believe” that McMahon and other WWE senior officers breached their duties to investors by diverting valuable resources to the XFL.

The suit also suggests that the company’s board members may have failed to conduct appropriate oversight to ensure McMahon didn’t engage in transactions that conflict with WWE’s interests.  

• Thanks 1