DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

On 12/17/2019 at 12:41 PM, Ultimo Necro said:

I thought he had recently joined up wit MLW, yikes, even for Court, that’s a short stay!

DJ is a good dude and I really wish him the best

Also responding to other stuff from the last page, Terry Funk is my vote for the best of all time.  Good at absolutely everything through four-five decades even though the fifth is a little dicey.

70s- fucking ruled

80s - fucking ruled

90s- fucking ruled

Early 2000s - you fucking horse I'll kick your fucking ass

2010s - we're glad hes still with us and we love him like our own family

When I watch Bock or Flair or Austin or Shawn or pretty much anyone else, I feel like I'm watching a wrestler do wrestling.
When I watch Terry Funk I think there's an actual crazy motherfucker doing fucked up shit.  I never have to suspend disbelief watching Terry.  You don't have to suspend shit because he makes everything work flawlessly and sucks you in.  

He's on that level where I guess the closest guys are Suzuki and Pentagon Jr. where you know they're not that motherfucker they portray and are nice men but they're totally that motherfucker whenever they're in the ring and anywhere around it and you're just like FUCK YEAH SON

The only time I've said FUCK YEAH to Bockwinkle is if it's FUCK YEAH BOBBY HEENAN honestly

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So what else should be penciled in? I've got

Brock vs Fury
Roman vs Fiend
Becky vs Ronda/Shayna

Brock vs Fury
Roman vs Fiend - Universal Title
Becky vs Ronda - RAW Women's Title
Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles - WWE Title
Bayley vs Sasha - SD Women's Title
Finn Balor vs Keith Lee - NXT Title
Charlotte vs Rhea Ripley - NXT Women's Title
Ricochet vs Drew McIntyre vs Braun Strowman - US Title 
Nakamura vs Mustafa Ali vs Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin vs Daniel Bryan - IC Title Ladder Match
Usos vs New Day - SD Tag Titles
Kabuki Warriors vs IIconics vs Fire&Desire vs Bliss/Cross - Women's Tag Titles
Viking Raiders vs Rey/Dominic Mysterio vs The OC vs Humberto Carillo/Andrade - RAW Tag Titles
Rollins/AOP vs Undisputed Era

DDP joining or not joining the nWo led to some pretty great moments, such as the time Kevin Nash almost killed a kid with the table after falling about as least gracefully as one could possibly try. L.O.L.

Or this legendary sell job by DDP after being accosted by Rodman and Hulka with chairs.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I didn't watch the first one, but from what I heard, can they really do worse?

Hope not. Taker Tombstoned Goldberg on his head, Goldberg's Jackhammer turned into a Brainbuster and the match ending on a crappy Chokeslam.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So what else should be penciled in? I've got

Brock vs Fury
Roman vs Fiend
Becky vs Ronda/Shayna

isn't Sting still pushing for that match with The Undertaker? I was browsing Facebook this morning and and saw a headline, but that could have been clickbait.

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

I’m constantly confused about the status of Sting, too - I thought he retired due to injury from that Rollins match?

Basically - though it is more the WWE retired him in that it would be shocking if the doctor's cleared him (similar to have Christian was "retired". It wasn't his choice, the WWE just would never clear him again)

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Jesus Christ man. And Goldberg was not exactly what I would call "safe" 20 years ago (shout out to Bret).

Yeah, Undertaker/Goldberg was really bad and really dangerous, sad watch that. Worst Match of the Year. The other contender is Rollins/Fiend inside Hell in a Cell damaging Rollins, Fiend and the Hell in a Cell gimmick match. Some going that.

• Like 1