DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

13 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Was Cactus Jack homeless when he had amnesia in those awful vignettes because Vader powerbombed him on concrete in WCW, 1993?

Well, he had a home. He just didn't remember it.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2019 at 1:24 AM, caley said:

I had a character on one of the WWF N64 games with the gimmick Hobo Sexual, kind of a homeless Val Venis.  He had a whole backstory where he was a Rick Rude-esque muscular guy, who put his name and all his money up against my Million Dollar-esque character, lost everything and became a homeless man.  Would have fit in great in the Attitude era!

That reminds me of one of DDP's early WCW gimmicks where we lost all his money, ended up coming to the ring in ripped tights and everything.

1 hour ago, BurningBeard said:

On #TerryTuesday it's safe to say he's the best of all time. Mick Foley's annecdote about the mystery of how good Terry Funk's punches were still cracks me up

Some of us might say that the GOAT is in that Twitter clip, but it ain't Terry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LP Steve said:

Some of us might say that the GOAT is in that Twitter clip, but it ain't Terry.

I’m with you there too from pure in-ring work. I guess because Terry has done everything, seen everything, evolved with the business and was at the top in one form or another for three/four decades I’ve always thought of him as the best on paper

• Like 1

Assorted news.

Chris DeJoseph is back in WWE. He wrote and produced WWE stuff from 2004 to 2010. And co-ex-produced Lucha Underground.

Heyman is trying to get wins for Superstars and is building them up strong and highlighting their finishers. More squashes as well.

Sin Cara is now Cinta de Oro.

8 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

On #TerryTuesday it's safe to say he's the best of all time. Mick Foley's annecdote about the mystery of how good Terry Funk's punches were still cracks me up

I love Foley's imitation of Funk going, "Oh Cactus, and all this time you thought I was just really good."

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I thought he had recently joined up wit MLW, yikes, even for Court, that’s a short stay!

Pretty sure I read that Court knew about DeJoseph meeting with WWE before bringing him in to MLW and if a job offer came about they would amicably agree to part ways.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D.Z said:

Assorted news.

Chris DeJoseph is back in WWE. He wrote and produced WWE stuff from 2004 to 2010. And co-ex-produced Lucha Underground.

Heyman is trying to get wins for Superstars and is building them up strong and highlighting their finishers. More squashes as well.

Sin Cara is now Cinta de Oro.

I was trying to remember why I knew his name..and then I remembered...

bigd-dx.jpg

Just in time for Lana's wedding!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Peck said:

Pretty sure I read that Court knew about DeJoseph meeting with WWE before bringing him in to MLW and if a job offer came about they would amicably agree to part ways.

Didn't Court do a similar thing with Bruce Prichard?