DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

15 hours ago, AxB said:

What do you call a Wrestler who is already bust wide open before he makes his ring entrance?

Reveal hidden contents

The Locker Room Bleeder

I apologise. My country is full of idiots and it's depressing. Gave up watching the Election coverage and watched a couple of episodes from the first season of Fear The Walking Dead instead. Because if I'm going to witness the collapse of civil society, it might as well have zombies.

I worked for a promoter who had a huge lisp (he was the guy who screwed over Balls Mahoney if you saw the video)  he kept saying over and over "the fwanchise is the rocker room reader"  Hardly any of the guys could keep a straight face. Josef Von Schmitt responded "what is Franchise going to read to us'  and Wrecking ball Legerski lost it.  Any time I hear "locker room leader" I think of Joe Rogers

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As for an NXT guy winning the Rumble, my idea last year was to push Matt Riddle to the moon and have him be one of the NXT entrants that wins it all, challenges Brock for the title, and beats Brock for the title convincingly and clean. You immediately create a new star that is legit and hotter than the sun.

Could you do it again this year? Maybe? Last year would have been more of a surprise, but if it was Riddle or Lee who wins it all, they MUST beat Brock clean and leave no doubt that they are the new man in WWE. I would gladly accept being wrong then if that were to happen.

Plus, with either guy, you have an amazing story you could tell across Raw and NXT. What are Riddle or Lee doing to prepare, will matches against Ciampa or Cole injure or derail them, you can show Brock not giving a shit on Raw, etc.

I forget who said it, if it was Crockett or Watts or whoever, but you don't need years to create a star, you only need one night. This is WWE we're talking about though. If it were NJPW or Impact or AEW or NWA then I could trust them to see this through, but we've seen WWE miss easy layup after easy layup. They turn the easiest shots into blowing up the Death Star without using the force. It just doesn't happen and when it does, it's exceedingly rare and it's against their plans.

• Like 5

I think “it only takes one night” is why people still watch WWE. Any given moment they could push the wrestler you like to the moon. Also at any given moment, they could bury them deeper than a septic tank. Hope springs eternal and all.

• Like 1

I hope they dont do Keith Lee like Ryback, where he got over on his own, they Capitalizes on his momentum, Put him in the Main Event then decided not to pull the trigger on a title win. Ryback wouldve been better off in the upper midcard until they were ready to give him the title. But Vince in particular often books himself into a corner to where he has to go with the new over or go with the current guy you've been trying to establish as the top guy 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I hope they dont do Keith Lee like Ryback, where he got over on his own, they Capitalizes on his momentum, Put him in the Main Event then decided not to pull the trigger on a title win. Ryback wouldve been better off in the upper midcard until they were ready to give him the title. But Vince in particular often books himself into a corner to where he has to go with the new over or go with the current guy you've been trying to establish as the top guy 

Braun, Roman, Seth, Moxley, Bryan, Wyatt, Joe.. I mean, it's really astonishing how often this has happened over the last few years. Ryback is maybe, to me, the most egregious example because of the fact that they booked the thing KNOWING they were going to just have Punk drop it to Rock a couple months later to set up Rock/Cena at Mania. To me this is the the legacy of the Ryback/Punk match: a finish so bad, it was the origin of the R-Truth "lol fuck you we got your money" gif (If I remember correctly; and if I haven't, it was definitely something equally as stupid involving one of the names at the start of my post. The monitor blowing up in Ambroses face?)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I think “it only takes one night” is why people still watch WWE. Any given moment they could push the wrestler you like to the moon. Also at any given moment, they could bury them deeper than a septic tank. Hope springs eternal and all.

Yep. Punk was doing nothing other than messing around with the New Nexus and terrorizing Randy Orton and his 5 on-screen wives right before he dropped the Pipe Bomb.

If you're having an NXT guy win the Rumble, it'd be better to go all out with it.

Have some completely new PC graduate (not even on NXT rotation, and ideally not even an indie darling) win the Rumble on their debut and make the storyline Raw, Smackdown, and NXT all saying 'oh shit, we have to get this guy- this guy is clearly the future of the business'), with all three brands trying to break the bank to get this person knowing they'd be sitting on a winning lottery ticket. Go with the "hottest free agent in the business" angle, but actually make them a white-hot free agent without the "yeah, a lot of people know we signed them" style.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

Just Vince congratulating Bagley.

Now I'm thinking of Bayley in a bag lady gimmick. Is "homeless person" the only "profession" Titan hasn't had a wrestler use in it? Was the Brooklyn Brawler the closest to that gimmick?

EDIT: Hmmm, they never had a fireman or a surgeon (I think, they did have a dental surgeon). Dr. D was a doctor of bounty hunting. Dr. Death was a doctor of pharmaceutical smuggling. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

If you're having an NXT guy win the Rumble, it'd be better to go all out with it.

Have some completely new PC graduate (not even on NXT rotation, and ideally not even an indie darling) win the Rumble on their debut and make the storyline Raw, Smackdown, and NXT all saying 'oh shit, we have to get this guy- this guy is clearly the future of the business'), with all three brands trying to break the bank to get this person knowing they'd be sitting on a winning lottery ticket. Go with the "hottest free agent in the business" angle, but actually make them a white-hot free agent without the "yeah, a lot of people know we signed them" style.

Babatunde.

He kills Brock dead and takes over the AOP stable. Seth moves into mid card whiny heel role who mouths off and cuts the in ring promos for the group. Baba and AOP only speak in pre cut packages.