DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

TJP is doing an AMA on reddit and holy shit, this sounds soul-crushing.  I wonder how true it is vs. just his experience or maybe some exaggeration here.  I can't imagine having every ounce of creativity taken away. 

Q:

How micro-managed are matches in WWE? Are you allowed to free rein with your opponents in-between major spots/the finish or is everything marked to the tee by producers?

A:

Early in the day your producer sits down with you and a sheet of paper and insists you tell them every single move you will do and what part of the ring you will do it in. I’ve asked constantly, especially as a 20 year guy from an older generation with a lot of experience at every level, why that’s necessary and why do they ask us to be able to “feel it out there” or etc when they don’t want that at all. They never have a real answer for that. Personally I guess I don’t care because I was taught to make it as I go in there. I prefer that. Like a QB running the no huddle offense, or a point guard in basketball. But I’m fine with tons of details too. But you get sent thru the curtain and the first thing that happens is the ramp camera man meets you at the top. He tells you to stop or go...so your entrance isn’t necessarily up to you either. Once you get to the ring the referee relays from the back how to finish your entrance and where to stand. And as I do my match, at least with the producer we had for 205(not Hunter) I’m being told by the ref, “they’re saying slam him and grab a headlock....they’re saying get on top of him and lay in some punches....they’re saying send him into the turnbuckle and dan at the crowd...” and then afterward it’s the same thing as your entrance just in reverse. Stay in the ring, or hurry up and exit, stop at the top of the ramp etc

Your match just isn’t your match there for many guys. Some guys they play favorites with and will sit down more creatively and have more fun. Others your basically an ant collecting crumbs with another ant in a line full of ants.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Orton was supposedly always like Jeff Hardy and permanently on 2 strikes

That being said - they will clearly conveniently forget that

I think the policy was something like if Orton (or anyone on two strikes) got a 2nd strike, they could remove the strike by being clean for a year or so? 

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Bobby Roode and Primo Colon have been suspended for 30 days for violating the WWE Wellness Policy:

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wwe-stars-suspended-wellness-policy-violations/#.Xe_a6Gmnx6g

Wow if confirmed. Haven't had any violations of said policy in some time.

Verified:

https://corporate.wwe.com/news/company-news/2019/12-10-2019

Edited by The Natural

20 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Looks like people on Twitter are linking to the old Randy Orton 60 day suspension announcement from 2012 as the story. 

That makes sense.  I think because it's happened before to young Randall it was surprising but not really.  Though considering he's been in DGAF mode for quite some time I wouldn't put it past him to do that.

1 hour ago, Whodathunkit said:

Still haven't seen anything about Orton being suspended, so.... rumor?

Its not true - as mentioned it was one person linking to the story with the previous suspension years ago.

All of the bad will and disappointment with WWE right now is only compounded for me by the nightmare that

1) I am lazy

2) I always come to this board the laziest way

3) That is by clicking the "frequently visited sites link" on my Firefox home screen

4) That link leads me here every time

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7950-raw-is-parejas-increibles-82619/&tab=comments#comment-905699

Thinking of calling AOL customer service about this.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Ryder and Crews seem logical, possibly Hawkens too?

Ryder and Hawkins get featured often enough and so does Crews, there are alot of guys that mainly work the C shows that can't get featured on the main shows. Some guys aren't on tv at all. Plus I dont see Vince being so quick to get rid of guys that have been willing to work the Saudi shows. Crew would be better off leaving and I definitely think he could be used better but I don't see them letting him go unless he was really unhappy. 

They next people they release is probably going to be someone that's been off TV or some developmental talent or lower level NXTUK talent. If it's a bigger name than its someone who has been very vocal about wanting to go