DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

10 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

The original Sin Cara (current Carristico)  left his hoodie in my car. This wouldn't be much of a story however he was flying to Mexico the next morning and it was paramount he got it back. I'l never know why though as it was early September and nearly 80 degrees.   Damn thing had so much cologne on it I thought I was walking through Macy's 

Is this your roundabout way of telling us that you made out with Sin Cara in the back of your car?

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

58 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm not willing to risk buying a ticket after the card they put on when they came to Nashville earlier this year.

At least you can decide on buying a last-minute ticket by looking at the Tampa lineup. That's probably what I'd do in that situation.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - just to tie up a loose end that was asked about

WWE confirmed that all 4 guys have 90 day no-competes

How many guys in the past few years didn't have the 90 day non-Compete clause, Ambrose who else?

11 hours ago, elizium said:

Is this your roundabout way of telling us that you made out with Sin Cara in the back of your car?

no but the story is funny. It was Rey Buccanero, and Caristico in the back of my car, Shocker was in the passenger seat.  They wanted some energy drinks so we stopped at a Rite Aid. While there Caristico is looking at electric razors, he finds one that is $80 and brings it to me and says "i have no american money yet"  and I respond with "you wear a mask 90% of your life you do not need an $80 shaver"  he gives me a sad face and puts it back.  The other 2 guys get their snacks (oddly enough no energy drinks) and we are on the way.  Sam Adonis calls me and wants to make sure Caristico has his hood on early because there are a bunch of people waiting outside.  I repeatedly ask him to put on his mask and Shocker says "don't worry he will know when it's time"  How he will know I have no clue as I hadn't even been to this venue prior to the day and I know he hadn't been.   We are 2 mins away and I look back and he is still sitting maskless eating Pringles.   Finally as we pull on to the street I look over and he magically has the mask on. Like a Mexican David Copperfield. How he knew where we were I will never know as I had no GPS on or way of indicating it to him. In the hustle I dropped them off as they were already late for their VIP signings and Caristico forgot his hoodie in the car.  It was a fun time. The hotel didn't have the rooms ready so poor Shocker fell asleep in the lobby on a couch while Bucanerro would look over and smile at me (Shocker had the best English of the 3)   When the rooms were ready I had left them to get some sleep and when I came back to get them Shocker called me over to facetime with his wife and daughter. I was touched that he would want me to speak with them after only knowing me for a day.  It was a good show, Ultimo Dragon was there as well. I am 6'3 and asked if he had any shirts. He wanted me to have the one he was wearing and kept saying "same size"   I was quite taller than him and pretty sure we weren't the same size but I am not going to argue with Ultimo F'n Dragon.  

• Like 22

Oh this morning's/last night WON radio show - Meltzer said he was told that there were more WWE releases coming.

He did note that they could have changed their mind since he hasn't heard any further about potential names (outside of mentioning all the folks who publicly asked for their release) 

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh this morning's/last night WON radio show - Meltzer said he was told that there were more WWE releases coming.

He did note that they could have changed their mind since he hasn't heard any further about potential names (outside of mentioning all the folks who publicly asked for their release) 

Ryder and Crews seem logical, possibly Hawkens too?

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Ryder and Crews seem logical, possibly Hawkens too?

Crews I can see but I think Ryder and Hawkins are safe for the time being.  Their podcast works in conjunction with WWE to a point and I'm sure the extra exposure to their merch will be worth keeping them around.  Plus they're fine as a JTTS team which you would need for new-ish teams like AOP and Viking Raiders.

Tony Nese is another guy who I could see leaving. A lot of the 205 guys have an upside that isn't being utilized in WWE. Maybe a year on the indies and maybe a best of Super Jr tournament for a few could raise their stuck and get AEW to show interest. Hell, I saw Tony work AJ Styles in an incredible main event in 2014-2015 and now he is doing 0 for himself or WWE

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Still no Chicago area dates...It would be weird to skip out this whole area again.

I agree that it has been a mistake that NJPW hasn't tried running Chicago already. I'm struggling to understand why they've avoided it this far.

But, when this recent US expansion was announced, I think New Japan stated that they had touring regions identified (one of which looked like the Midwest/Upper Midwest), but would only tour one region at a time.

What small part of me is still an optimist is holding out hope that they just didn't want to deal with the logistics of traveling in the northern US during winter. *crosses fingers for back-to-back Milwaukee and Chicago dates during warmer weather*

Yeah, maybe. Nearly everywhere near Lake Michigan is brutal during the winter time, especially so from late January to March. Not a bad idea to avoid the risk of running a show outside of Chicago or near Milwaukee and run into the 2nd blizzard of the year.

6 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Orton got a 60 day violation just now as well. 

Wait, didn't he get a 60 day in the past?  If not then why in the blazes would he get one at this point in his career?  Man, this is going to be one wacky-ass week in wrestling news, ain't it.