DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

35 minutes ago, just drew said:

Does Sin Cara own the rights to the Mistico gimmick?

No

This wasn't even Mistico. This was the former Huncio.

And AAA owns the Mistico name hence why the original Sin Cara has used like 3 names since leaving

• Like 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

No

And AAA owns the Mistico name hence why the original Sin Cara has used like 3 names since leaving

Oh yeah. Thanks. I completely forgot Jorge Arias wasn't the first guy to do the gimmick...

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So is it known that the guys getting released are free to roam anywhere or might there be a wait on them joining a place like AEW?

I would assume there’s a 90 day non-compete as part of the release. Usually, when guys are involuntarily released, I believe they have the option between severance with a 90 day non-compete or no severance and they’re free immediately. Given that these releases were requested, I doubt WWE would give them freely without the non-compete. (ACH was obviously a different situation.) If it is a 90 day period, they’re free in plenty of time for Wrestlemania weekend.

47 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

9f01e0d746c8111d-600x338.jpg

Viktor and Spears is the perfect bland mediocre good hand team.

Ascension would be a decent fit for NWA or even Impact, if they opt to keep teaming post WWE. 

Harper as a big heel hoss in AEW would be worth a watch. He could also fit as a gaijin upper carder in AJ or NOAH. 

GoD seem a bit stale at the moment in NJ.  Adding Hunico could freshen things up. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So is it known that the guys getting released are free to roam anywhere or might there be a wait on them joining a place like AEW?

It's likely there's a 90 day lock-in because it's not a case of contracts expiring.

AEW Dark isn't TV, strictly speaking, so that *might* be a grey area. But it probably isn't. 90 days making special 'limited time' appearances could potentially be reasonably lucrative though for a guy like FORMER INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION Lukke Happer:

Image result for luke harper ic title

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No

You mean CMLL owning the Mistico name. I think AAA might own the Myztizez name. 

I don't even know if the Ascension wouldn't be good picks for AEW. Their NXT Tag Title run is enough to get some people excited by them there,  AEW loves tag teams and angsty dark "goffik" gimmicks, and they'd be a better Dark Order than the Dark Order are (the Dark Order's been one of the turds in the punchbowl for AEW for a while now.) It's the weakness with how good the WWE roster is- The Ascension were the low team on the totem pole, and even they could potentially make WWE rue the day they let them walk away. 

Ascension were over in NXT and showed they had personality and could be funny with their interactions alongside Breezango. I think they could be good as a hoss team with a tweaked gimmick. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 3

The Ascension's cheesy midcard tag team essence belongs on POWERRR. That is like the most obvious fit for them that I can think of. No need for a gimmick overhaul.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

It's likely there's a 90 day lock-in because it's not a case of contracts expiring.

AEW Dark isn't TV, strictly speaking, so that *might* be a grey area. But it probably isn't. 90 days making special 'limited time' appearances could potentially be reasonably lucrative though for a guy like FORMER INTERCONTINENTAL AND TAG TEAM CHAMPION Lukke Happer:

Image result for luke harper ic title

fixed

27 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Hoping, praying even, for the Brodie Lee/Luchasaurus feud that will light the wrestling world on fire next year.

I want AEW to bring in Kongo Kong to feud with Luchasaurus next year to capitalize on Godzilla vs. Kong.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

The Ascension's cheesy midcard tag team essence belongs on POWERRR. That is like the most obvious fit for them that I can think of. No need for a gimmick overhaul.

With the ECW retreads Impact keeps using near the top of their cards, cheesy midcarders would be an improvement. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Ascension were over in NXT and showed they had personality and could be funny with their interactions alongside Breezango. I think they could be good as a hoss team with a tweaked gimmick. 

They could make a good power and paint team or something similar to their Southpaw team.

• Like 1

Hunico was one of my favorite C show Wrestlers when I used to watch all the C shows before the Network came along. I had seen a little of his work in CHIKARA as Incognito so I wasn't surprised that he did well as the Sin Cara replacement. He had a few memorable moments when he took over the Sin Cara gimmick but I enjoyed him as Hunico the most. I wonder if he'll go back to that type of gimmick or as Incognito. 

I'm sure Harper's the most likely to go to AEW, I'd personally like for him to get a run in New Japan even though they have Hoyt and Hoyt has really come along since he's went back single but Harper is much better. Either way I'm happy he got out of WWE and I hope he gets to have a good run again.

As cartoony as the Ascension is they had a really good run in NXT although I hated them being used as KENTAs first feud. Them being LOD knockoffs on the main roster wasn't going to get over at all but they managed to actually be funny in the segments they got on tv. I see them going to NWA and HoH and Shows like that. I'm surprised WWE didn't let them go earlier like before AEW became a thing but good for them now they can make more money. They aren't the Revival but I don't think they are completely useless as a team.