DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

I'll leave this here since the EVOLVE and NXT UK threads don't get a lot of traffic.

Per Mike Johnson:

WALTER's WWE UK Championship belt, as well as WALTER's passport, were stolen earlier today in Chicago, IL after a smash and grab of the rental car WALTER had the items inside, PWInsider.com has learned.

We are also told that Timothy Thatcher's rental car was also broken into and he had property stolen in the smash and grab.

We are told by several local independent wrestlers that there's been recent rash of cars being broken into near Logan Square in Chicago, where tonight's EVOLVE 142 event is slated to be held.

WALTER is facing EVOLVE Champion Josh Briggs in the main event of tonight's event.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Is he just fucking with people or does he have some legit issues seeing that he just did his damnedest to get released last month?

With the ACH thing, one thing to be mentioned...WWE, like most pro wrestling companies, run something that hits into the ground, and then keep running it until absolutely no one cares about it. It's just how pro wrestling does. You just don't see one-hit wonders in pro wrestling, and if there is a one-hit wonder, something had to be seriously wrong there.

Jordan Myles ended up as a one-hit wonder in WWE- showed up, won the Breakout tournament, got a big match with Adam Cole, and was never seen again. This is virtually unprecedented in WWE history- the only other wrestler I can think of who counts as a one-hit wonder like that was Muhammad Hassan, and he also had things outside of WWE's control cause him to be a one-hit wonder.

I'd defer to something being seriously wrong just because this does not happen in WWE.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

With the ACH thing, one thing to be mentioned...WWE, like most pro wrestling companies, run something that hits into the ground, and then keep running it until absolutely no one cares about it. It's just how pro wrestling does. You just don't see one-hit wonders in pro wrestling, and if there is a one-hit wonder, something had to be seriously wrong there.

Jordan Myles ended up as a one-hit wonder in WWE- showed up, won the Breakout tournament, got a big match with Adam Cole, and was never seen again. This is virtually unprecedented in WWE history- the only other wrestler I can think of who counts as a one-hit wonder like that was Muhammad Hassan, and he also had things outside of WWE's control cause him to be a one-hit wonder.

I'd defer to something being seriously wrong just because this does not happen in WWE.

Yes, I found that strange too that he was being pushed very well for a few weeks than it just stopped. If he had gotten the same push literally a few weeks later when they got on USA I'd image they would've kept it going. The shirt issue is a whole nother topic and shouldn't be down played regardless of his obvious issues but I'd think if his push hadn't stopped, he might've reacted differently IDK. 

I hope he gets help, take time away whatever he needs. I'm sure he probably second guesses his decision to speak out about the shirt when he sees his buddies on PPV and Cable every now, that may run through his head that he could've been in that spot too. 

His biggest problem is reacting to people on social media. People are going to have their harsh opinions but that comes with the territory. You don't need to react to negative fans, its only going to make them go harder on you, and the fact that it bothers you is an even bigger issue he may have.

10 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Yes, I found that strange too that he was being pushed very well for a few weeks than it just stopped. If he had gotten the same push literally a few weeks later when they got on USA I'd image they would've kept it going. The shirt issue is a whole nother topic and shouldn't be down played regardless of his obvious issues but I'd think if his push hadn't stopped, he might've reacted differently IDK. 

I hope he gets help, take time away whatever he needs. I'm sure he probably second guesses his decision to speak out about the shirt when he sees his buddies on PPV and Cable every now, that may run through his head that he could've been in that spot too. 

His biggest problem is reacting to people on social media. People are going to have their harsh opinions but that comes with the territory. You don't need to react to negative fans, its only going to make them go harder on you, and the fact that it bothers you is an even bigger issue he may have.

He went off tv not because his push ended, but because he apparently suffered a breakdown.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:10 PM, Smelly McUgly said:

Question for the folks here: If I wanted to watch the best of Dan Severn, what would be the most accessible and best stuff to watch?

He excelled in Japan, his work only ever looked natural or clicked there imo but matches are few and far between

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Just saw the commercial for NCIS Los Angeles with shane McMahon and him trying to play a serious "this is an emergency" role is going to be hard to swallow.   I mean not Miz in the Marine hard to swallow but still

Is tomorrow night a new episode or a rerun?  He guested on an episode earlier this season (?  Or maybe last season), but I didn't think he had a big part.

I could be wrong.  I haven't watched a full episode of NCIS since season 2.  I think the current season is season.... nine?  Ten?  Eleven, maybe?

20 minutes ago, Whodathunkit said:

Is tomorrow night a new episode or a rerun?  He guested on an episode earlier this season (?  Or maybe last season), but I didn't think he had a big part.

I could be wrong.  I haven't watched a full episode of NCIS since season 2.  I think the current season is season.... nine?  Ten?  Eleven, maybe?

This will be a new one, season 11. His first appearance back in March was season 10 and yeah, he was only in the first 5-10 minutes of the episode. Goldberg was in the same episode and had a bigger role.

2 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

He excelled in Japan, his work only ever looked natural or clicked there imo but matches are few and far between

I always thought his match with Tarzan Goto at the King of Death Match tournament was pretty damn good.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

meanwhile on tonight's MLW, they ran a "ACH is returning to MLW soon" promo.

Depends on how one defines "soon"

They've already pulled him from bookings and ads for upcoming shows.

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

good move on their part for not committing to being specific. But I guess we know that the show is in the can for at least a day before it premieres or else they just cut the video and don't play it tonight. 

MLW made the change sometime this afternoon so I'm guessing they just didn't have time to edit their video for tonight.

39 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

the last month of the feds in the "Feds just trying to make a buck" folder has been sponsored by the difficulties of last minute video editing

That is just magnificent.