DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'm not at all the biggest Morrison fan, though I liked Lucha Underground Morrison more than most versions. That said, I think they should push him to the moon. They've killed almost everyone else over the years. He's a recognized name that'll appeal to people who were watching at various points in the last ten years (not as much so as Rey or Matt Hardy but that's not the direction they want to go with them). He's credible, established, and undamaged. There's almost no one on the roster you can say that about. Get 6-9 months out of pushing him hard. If it works, great. If it doesn't, you'll probably get a couple of months grace out of it so you can prep a guy like Keith Lee.

On the opposite side, I think that a big Morrison push would be worse for WWE than it would be good.

Probably the end moment for WWE would be if WWE took someone who was a midcarder in the company when they were there, saw them leave the company, and then come back to get a huge push. That'd change the dynamic to what it was by the end of TNA of "You're worthless. If you really want to be a star, leave the company, come back, and THEN we'll push you."

Just now, SorceressKnight said:

On the opposite side, I think that a big Morrison push would be worse for WWE than it would be good.

Probably the end moment for WWE would be if WWE took someone who was a midcarder in the company when they were there, saw them leave the company, and then come back to get a huge push. That'd change the dynamic to what it was by the end of TNA of "You're worthless. If you really want to be a star, leave the company, come back, and THEN we'll push you."

That's how people get promoted where I work?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Worked pretty well for Vinnie Vegas and the Diamond Studd, that. And Hogan, if you go back far enough.

20 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

You mean like what they did with Christian?

And Drew Mac?

And others?

It's funny that McIntyre was brought up because I was just thinking about him during Raw. He really hasn't had any kind of push since he came back to the main roster. A couple of forgettable tag title runs and no singles title which makes him worse off than his original run in that regard.

I should like him. I think he has a great body, his moves look very hurty and yet I zone out whenever his music hits.

• Sad 2

Morrison will get the Shelton Benjamin treatment in taking up a veteran role and being shoehorned into a tag team or filling out the bloated mid-card. He isn't a big enough name to bring back and strap the rocket to. They had a healthy Jeff Hardy under contract and they didn't really do anything with him.

Drew Mac's a weird one. He's got a ton of upside, and was clearly a candidate to be one of their top guys last year. But they missed their opening and had him lose to Roman at Mania and then used him as a generic body guy for Shane and he pretty much fizzled out after that.

I use wrestling politics a lot in my every day life. I work in a Solicitor’s office where there is a definite similarities to wrestling in terms of card positions and egos.

I left my current company 6 years ago for a rival firm and got a decent wage rise and “push”, done a great job for a year, then a new manager came in who didn’t take to me and marginalised me and my whole team.

I met up with the boys from my old job for a beer one night and they talked me into calling my old boss for a chat. I done that on the Monday and less than a year and half after leaving I was back in my old office in a better role and on much more money.

Steve Austin always said “these young guys have to build a relationship with Vince”; it’s true.  I’ve always had a great relationship with my current boss and it pays off, even if he is a maniacal control freak, like Vince.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

CM Punk on Hulk Hogan:

WWE Backstage personality and former Superstar CM Punk had no kind words for Hulk Hogan during a recent appearance on Windy City Live's 2 Minute Warning.

'The Voice Of The Voiceless' may not have loaned his takes to this week's FS1 sister show, but he had plenty to add to the Chicago-based short, much to the pleasure and surprise of host Ryan Chiaverini.

'The Hulkster came up during discussion of prior legends, with Punk noting that "I wasn't a Hogan guy. I've met him. I like him even less now". As the host jokingly suggested that Punk was "crushing his childhood dreams", the former WWE Champion retorted with the humorously curt "f*ck him!

Fuck Hulk Hogan.

Part of my believes that alot of what Punk says is things that would get him over with the Majority of internet fans. Whether he's trying to or not, I'm sure Vince and co wouldn't be happy about him bashing Hulk especially since alot of his dislike is based off the racist slurs and you have locker rooms full off Black Wrestlers that have reluctantly accepted his apology.

He name dropped my probably my favorite wrestler Ospreay. I wonder if he's working everybody about him not watching Wrestling. If he is all of a sudden getting back into watching current Wrestling,  I'm willing to bet at least half of it is outside of WWE.

13 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'm not at all the biggest Morrison fan, though I liked Lucha Underground Morrison more than most versions. That said, I think they should push him to the moon. They've killed almost everyone else over the years. He's a recognized name that'll appeal to people who were watching at various points in the last ten years (not as much so as Rey or Matt Hardy but that's not the direction they want to go with them). He's credible, established, and undamaged. There's almost no one on the roster you can say that about. Get 6-9 months out of pushing him hard. If it works, great. If it doesn't, you'll probably get a couple of months grace out of it so you can prep a guy like Keith Lee.

I mean, that is the old school territory way. Bring a guy in, launch him to the moon and see what happens. It's a lot easier to shuffle someone down than it is to push them up.

New idea: Put him in a 50/50 feud with Corbin. 

• Haha 1

Anyone remember when Bryan Alvarez’s big thing with TNA was that no matter who they brought in within weeks that wrestler “was just another guy on the show”.

That’s pretty much every non-nxt signee now. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zartan said:

Anyone remember when Bryan Alvarez’s big thing with TNA was that no matter who they brought in within weeks that wrestler “was just another guy on the show”.

That’s pretty much every non-nxt signee now. 

Yup.  While we get into "remember what Bryan (or Dave) said"

Remember when Bryan would gush about El Generico being the best babyface out there who always had the best match on any show he was on?  He's now a heel manager, negating both of those positives.

Remember when Dave said if Roman Reigns can come back from cancer that he'd be bulletproof and the biggest babyface ever?  Now he's barely above where he was before and still getitng booed.

This company fucks up everyone.

15 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I use wrestling politics a lot in my every day life. I work in a Solicitor’s office where there is a definite similarities to wrestling in terms of card positions and egos.

I left my current company 6 years ago for a rival firm and got a decent wage rise and “push”, done a great job for a year, then a new manager came in who didn’t take to me and marginalised me and my whole team.

I met up with the boys from my old job for a beer one night and they talked me into calling my old boss for a chat. I done that on the Monday and less than a year and half after leaving I was back in my old office in a better role and on much more money.

Steve Austin always said “these young guys have to build a relationship with Vince”; it’s true.  I’ve always had a great relationship with my current boss and it pays off, even if he is a maniacal control freak, like Vince.

I'm telling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Yup.  While we get into "remember what Bryan (or Dave) said"

Remember when Bryan would gush about El Generico being the best babyface out there who always had the best match on any show he was on?  He's now a heel manager, negating both of those positives.

Remember when Dave said if Roman Reigns can come back from cancer that he'd be bulletproof and the biggest babyface ever?  Now he's barely above where he was before and still getitng booed.

This company fucks up everyone.

To be fair Sami is a good heel, and Roman is actually a lot moreover than he was pre-cancer. The most boos Roman has gotten this year was at SS in front of a very pro-NXT crowd. Even that crowd respected him a decent amount and were happy to see him give props to Keith Lee. That would not have happened last year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You say that, but I'm still scratching my head about who the other other DZ might be.

Edit: goddammit, I see it now...

Can Roman handle so many gifs? What if it was a handicap match with The Natural?