DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Don't Trust The Reptiloids - 11/29/2019

Dolfan in NYC

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

Is Bray putting all of his weight back on? I swear he's looking bigger again.

He had a ton of time off, plus I'm sure he was motivated by the fact that they were considering using him concept and give him creative freedom over this. He's pretty much made atleast for now giving that this was probably his last chance to get over. I'm sure its extremely difficult to stay in the shape he got into when he was out and quite frankly he doesn't have a reason too now that he where he wants to be on the card.

Corbin's cape /t-shirt dealie looks so low rent.  

No idea what people see in the Fiend.  Enough to get me to change the channel.  Of course, last night was the first time I've watched SDL since it moved to Fox, and I'm probably not going to tune in again for quite awhile, so my opinion matters a lot less than the people buying Bray's merch.

• Like 1

Also we shouldn't weight shame Bray. Between juggling having a new born and WWE's grueling travel schedule, he was bound to gain some of the weight back.

I lost a bunch of weight in the summer, calorie counting and being in a deficit. A few weeks of ''maintenance'' eating and I had packed 10lbs on. The burden of a shitty metabolism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I'm sure its extremely difficult to stay in the shape he got into when he was out and quite frankly he doesn't have a reason too now that he where he wants to be on the card.

He still works for Vince McMahon, right? Only a matter of time till Bray's standing next to that pig and Vince can't tell the difference.

Well, they're screwing the pooch. Too many gimmicks with Bray at the moment. They've tries to make him the new Undertaker since his debut- but since this is the WWE they never let anything happen organically. Now it's forced, and it sucks. 

That belt is hideous. It looks like it should be in Juggalo Championship Wrestling. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Wait, I thought everyone was mad because Bray never won and no one could believe in him?

Or I thought everyone wanted him to beat Seth at SummerSlam and give the hot new dude the title right away?

And now no one likes him? 

When the Fiend made him in ring debut at Summerslam I didn't expect they'd just put him in title feud out the gate. They basically booked themselves in a corner which did more harm to Seth who was already being seen as a geek. I was expecting Bray to have a few feuds along the way before becoming one of the main champions but they did what they did. He's feuding with Bryan so, atleast he'll have some of the best matches he can have, and if they have him and Roman at Mania that's another guy its almost impossible for Bray not to have good matches with.

I dont think people wanted him to be Champ right away. People wanted more of him going through a few guys first

10 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Well, they're screwing the pooch. Too many gimmicks with Bray at the moment. They've tries to make him the new Undertaker since his debut- but since this is the WWE they never let anything happen organically. Now it's forced, and it sucks. 

Bray and The Family got “This Is Awesome” chants their first debut on Raw when they took out Kane and were one of the hottest acts for like 18 months. Bray also had the best feud during Bryan’s big run and the whole “Bryan joins the Family” story resulted in Bryan on top of the cage in the biggest pop in decades probably. 

Wyatt’s redebut is the most organic character push they have had in a really long time. He debuted with Firefly Funhouse. It immediately got over. Then that revealed itself as The Fiend. Even more over. It is because it is an awesome look and gimmick and not really like anything anyone has done before.

And Bray can work. He has had so many great matches. Shield vs. Wyatts is on the short list of best matches ever. Bray vs. Bryan was one of DB’s single best matches. Bray vs. Cena has some awesome stuff, including the awesome last man standing match where Bray ate the steps.

His gimmick matches are goofy but there are a long line of Taker and Kane and etc. matches that are just cartoons. 

The guy is great and people are just hating on this because they don’t want to like anything.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1