DVDVR Message Board

Happy birthday thread.

The Natural

Thanx everybody, seriously. I used to make a big deal out of these things but it's just another day of kicking the can down the road. My best friends were laid up with Covid for the past week so we couldn't plan on anything at all; I didn't even request off work! Me and the fam had some delicious beef short ribs with carrots and potatoes and some fresh sourdough for a meal on Monday because I didn't have the day off, so that was the extent of celebration, and more important than spinning records and getting blasted anyway. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Thanx everybody, seriously. I used to make a big deal out of these things but it's just another day of kicking the can down the road. My best friends were laid up with Covid for the past week so we couldn't plan on anything at all; I didn't even request off work! Me and the fam had some delicious beef short ribs with carrots and potatoes and some fresh sourdough for a meal on Monday because I didn't have the day off, so that was the extent of celebration, and more important than spinning records and getting blasted anyway. 

HBD Curt!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much, fella.  39 doesn't feel too bad even with 40 looming around the corner.  But while I used to dread it I'm actually looking forward to that now.

For the past few years while in Baltimore I spent my birthday eating sushi while watching Godzilla.  I happen to tell this to my mom and she loved the idea so much we're going to get a big spread for the family.  To say the least I'm delighted by this and am gonna some sake for my wife and brother in law.  Gonna be good times.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Thank you very much, fella.  39 doesn't feel too bad even with 40 looming around the corner.  But while I used to dread it I'm actually looking forward to that now.

For the past few years while in Baltimore I spent my birthday eating sushi while watching Godzilla.  I happen to tell this to my mom and she loved the idea so much we're going to get a big spread for the family.  To say the least I'm delighted by this and am gonna some sake for my wife and brother in law.  Gonna be good times.

Pleasure, pal. That sounds like a great celebration. Enjoy, fella!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 7:46 AM, Matt D said:

Happy birthday to the man who holds the line, makes sure the lights stay on and we're kept out of the cold, and keeps the lot of you from acting like ninnies, @RIPPA

No disrespect to Rippa, but I'm not sure he's succeeding at that last one.

• 4 weeks later...