DVDVR Message Board

Happy birthday thread.

The Natural

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. 40 for me. I remember when @DEANturned 40 a million years ago and how ancient that seemed at the time. Ah well.

Best wishes a day or so late. And just to clarify, 1000040 years would (and does) make anyone ancient, like literally. Sorry DEAN! But being 40 isn't what it used to be. I'm 40 +10% now and most days, once I get going, I still don't feel what I understand 40 should feel like.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 7:07 AM, Shartnado said:

Best wishes a day or so late. And just to clarify, 1000040 years would (and does) make anyone ancient, like literally. Sorry DEAN! But being 40 isn't what it used to be. I'm 40 +10% now and most days, once I get going, I still don't feel what I understand 40 should feel like.

When's yours again, mate for future reference?

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Speaking of the future. Happy Birthday for tomorrow, @Gordberg. Hope you have a good un!

Thanks. It's the 7th here in Japan, now, so technically you are not early.

And it feels like I am sharingmy birthday celbration with Dynamite today ?

By the way, did anything interesting happen in AEW while I was "on hiatus" in late August and early September?

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 1

Congrats, Gordi! As far your hiatus, no, things were very mundane and everyday in AEW. As in, it was almost every day that something that shook the pro wrestling world (big signings, amazing matches, Cody) happened. It was so frequent that the stuff that was awesome before (when you left), became almost mundane in comparison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gordberg said:

Thanks. It's the 7th here in Japan, now, so technically you are not early.

And it feels like I am sharingmy birthday celbration with Dynamite today ?

By the way, did anything interesting happen in AEW while I was "on hiatus" in late August and early September?

A small thing called AEW All Out and this Bryan Danielson fella, he might be good at this here wrestling ?. Some Punk also debuted.

Have yourself a good un. Any wrestling merch for pressies?

Edited by The Natural

16 hours ago, Shartnado said:

29th September. I am now enjoying my first full week as man in his mid-40's. Surprisingly little has changed.

Belated Birthday returns, @Shartnado. Hope you had a good un! I'll remember that date as it's my best friend who is like a brother to me.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Belated Birthday returns, @Shartnado. Hope you had a good un! I'll remember that date as it's my best friend who is like a brother to me.

Thanks. It fell on a Wednesday and I was working the evening shift, so the actual day was not much fun, but we did have a very nice lunch with the family on Saturday! It was a buffet, so I ended up very stuffed. It was beautiful!

That friend of yours, it's not Scott Steiner, by any chance? We share the same birthday as well!

Edited by Shartnado
Birthday Boy Big Poppa Pump...try saying that 5x
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Matt D said:

Here, here. Happy birthday to Gordi, someone who has gone from "that guy who posts all the cool pictures and stories on the board" to my friend who posts all the cool pictures and stories on the board.

Thanks, Matt!

10 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Congrats, Gordi! As far your hiatus, no, things were very mundane and everyday in AEW. As in, it was almost every day that something that shook the pro wrestling world (big signings, amazing matches, Cody) happened. It was so frequent that the stuff that was awesome before (when you left), became almost mundane in comparison.

Happy birthday to you, too, Sharty!

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

A small thing called AEW All Out and this Bryan Danielson fella, he might be good at this here wrestling ?. Some Punk also debuted.

Have yourself a good un. Any wrestling merch for pressies?

Nah. Got some Mozart merch, though. Birthdays generally aren't as big a deal in Japan as they are in the West.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, dude!  My birthday was a quiet affair since I had to work night duty starting at midnight.   I took off three days to adjust my body clock and sit on my ass for a bit.   My present to myself will be a new cell phone... well..  it's more of a necessity since my old phone is barely holding together.

Happy belated birthday to all of the other celebrants!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Thanks, dude!  My birthday was a quiet affair since I had to work night duty starting at midnight.   I took off three days to adjust my body clock and sit on my ass for a bit.   My present to myself will be a new cell phone... well..  it's more of a necessity since my old phone is barely holding together.

Happy belated birthday to all of the other celebrants!

Pleasure, my friend. Enjoy the new mobile phone. Mine's 8 years old next month. It's on its last legs but it's sentimental. It was from my Mum and Dad for Christmas 2013, the last before losing her in June 2014.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...