DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 11/27/2019 ​​​​​​​​​

Raziel

Ciampa was the most hated wrestler in NXT. Now, Ciampa is one of the most well liked. You can't boo him after that three part documentary covering his neck surgery and the struggles for he and his wife to have a child. Touching promo by him and Ref' Jess. Classy work, NXT.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

Kai/Candice was good. Loved Kai having Nox's brace. I was actually disappointed she didn't get to destroy Candice with it, but it was neat seeing Rhea com to save the day.

Tozawa/Lio was pretty darn good.

Borne getting squashed in her revenge attempt on Xia was kind of funny to me. Was nice seeing Xia actually get in some damage on the horsewomen before she fell. Hope Rhea/Shayna happens soon.

Another really good episode.

I love this Woman’s Division.  But in wondering out loud.  Does Ripley win it right away or does this have the legs for a long term chase?  I’d hate for a first shot loss at the title take the wind out of her sails.  I might answer my own question thinking that Ripley is a baby face but not an underdog baby face.

1 hour ago, Brandon Bones said:

I love this Woman’s Division.  But in wondering out loud.  Does Ripley win it right away or does this have the legs for a long term chase?  I’d hate for a first shot loss at the title take the wind out of her sails.  I might answer my own question thinking that Ripley is a baby face but not an underdog baby face.

There are no legs for a long term chase. The audience was tired of Shayna's reign six months ago.

30 minutes ago, Bill S. Preston ESQ. said:

Is their a TakeOver for Rumble weekend? I know the one in PDX in Feb but it’s a really long wait for what should be TakeOver title matches...Shayna/Rhea, Cole/Ciampa/Balor

Currently its looking like the next Takeover is in February. Both of those need to happen before then. I'm guessing they happen next month.

I LOL'd when Beth accused Nigel of being biased towards Vanessa Borne and he somewhat nonsensically replied "I have a vision of love." I hope that this means Nigel's version of Mauro-ing is just dropping in random Mariah Carey song titles.

This episode was so damn good, especially when everyone was expecting it to be a throwaway holiday show. So many people brought their A game.

Mansoor has developed really well. I remember him from his first Saudi appearance, almost came off like a fan pulled in from the audience.

Did Tozawa get knocked loopy for the one sequence?

• Like 1

Lee/Dijak should've totally won the belts here, but if there's a silver lining between that and the Fish injury, I actually think the Roddy/KoR combo is better than ReDragon on the whole. I'm glad we'll get more matches with that pairing.

Dakota turning was much needed. Her offense works really well as a heel despite the fact she's giving up size to most of her opponents. I'm not as crazy about Candice, but I'm glad they protected her with a DQ, and Rhea looked badass coming to save the day.

Not all that excited about Finn being in the title picture. Hopefully Gargano comes back and both stay away from the belt. Man who came back from neck surgery vs. the guy who's life goal is to invent new ways to hit a flipping pile driver has plenty of intrigue on its own.

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Lee/Dijak should've totally won the belts here, but if there's a silver lining between that and the Fish injury, I actually think the Roddy/KoR combo is better than ReDragon on the whole. I'm glad we'll get more matches with that pairing.

Roddy really stole REDragon's thunder when he replaced Fish after the 1st injury and showed himself to be a fantastic tag partner.

At this point, I feel UE needs another member. Despite criticism, I think they have a really nice dynamic that's hard to balance. Not sure who would fit in the group; maybe someone with decent size, veteran mat tactician, but isn't too charismatic (unless they want to replace Cole eventually)?

On 11/28/2019 at 9:51 AM, Eivion said:

There are no legs for a long term chase. The audience was tired of Shayna's reign six months ago.

Currently its looking like the next Takeover is in February. Both of those need to happen before then. I'm guessing they happen next month.

Without an actual Takeover during Rumble weekend, they could totally run two Rumble matches on consecutive weeks for the men and women.  There's at least enough women to easily fill out a 20 person Rumble.  That way they could stretch out the big title programs to Mania and pop a couple big ratings for Rumbles on USA.  

Edited by CSC
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 1:19 AM, Eivion said:

Kai/Candice was good. Loved Kai having Nox's brace. I was actually disappointed she didn't get to destroy Candice with it, but it was neat seeing Rhea com to save the day.

Tozawa/Lio was pretty darn good 

Its even sicker the fact that she has her own knee brace on. Tozawa is insanely good and so is  Rush. These two been tearing it up. With NXT being the third brand, Lio can bring value back to the title especially if you build it around guys like He and Garza.

I haven't been watching NXT every Week but it seems they are really trying to train us to look at Finn as an NXT guy like he never had a main roster run. His Raw and SDLive runs have been so uneventful to the point I forgot he was the first Universal Champion. I dont mind him being in the title picture. I wouldn't have minded Owen's being a regular part of NXT because after the past week I would be seen as a Promotion for just under the main event of the other shows.