DVDVR Message Board

RAW is #RAHRAH Rollins 11/25/19

Niners Fan in CT

50 minutes ago, Whodathunkit said:

Lex can show her how it should be done:

c7164e7a1550fc303f88fff857de66bfa20a9c5e

It was that cutaneous paralyzing nerve agent he added to the mixture (which he was immune to, natcherly).

• Like 1

This misting brought to mind another Dave-ism that I like, which is his complete distaste for wrestlers getting misted. I swear, it felt like he would rant about this every week because of the mist being used in NJPW and he would talk about how dumb it is that no one would get DQ'd for doing it. He just couldn't let it go. And now this thing has him ranting about mist again.

I mean, I couldn't care less. Yeah, it's silly that no one's getting DQ'd for using the mist, but it's also how it's always been in wrestling.

• Like 1

DQ's are only for foreign objects.  It's well known that all Japanese Wrestlers* possess an extra gland that produces the mist, therefore making it natural.  It's just that only certain people trained that gland to produce the mist over the years. So really, it's just like spitting on your opponent.

*this also applies to Multiverse Snake Demons that possess Canadian hockey enthusiasts.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Credit where it’s due, I thought Seth’s turn was great. He’s perfect as the guy who blames his teammates for losing, equal parts arrogant and oblivious (just like online). It’s not really an advancement on his last heel persona as of yet but at least they’re moving on from his stale face run. Becky being left off the episode so they can pretend they never acknowledged their relationship is a smart move too. The key imo for this turn to work is Rollins will have to switch up his style and he’s shown he’s unwilling to do that in the past, so we might have ‘whiney heel wrestling as fiery babyface’ Seth again which is frustrating in a whole different way. It’s kind of funny that counts as progress but it does.

Asuka/Charlotte always rules. Rusev casually shoulder checking Lashley off the stage got a laugh from me.

As for a challenger for Lesnar, I think he’ll disappear for a bit while Seth does his thing. Then maybe... Rusev? Owens? They’re getting pops but they’ve been fucked around with so much nobody would consider them serious contenders. Back to Orton? Shit, it might be that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I tried to watch third show. First time in months.

Seth talks to open. Forever. Come back from break so Seth can talk. I'm out. Fuck this show. Seth Rollins promos should be illegal.

Five minutes of Seth seems like thirty minutes of anyone else. Ten minutes of Seth is one of the circles of Hell. It's not enough that the writers give him boring, stupid crap to say; it's that whiney, nasally, Mid-west accent that combined with his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. If there was ever anyone who should just shut up and wrestle, it's Seth.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Five minutes of Seth seems like thirty minutes of anyone else. Ten minutes of Seth is one of the circles of Hell. It's not enough that the writers give him boring, stupid crap to say; it's that whiney, nasally, Mid-west accent that combined with his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. If there was ever anyone who should just shut up and wrestle, it's Seth.

If being heel stops him from saying "Burn it Down," then we all win.

• Thanks 1

On a more positive note: not only is Asuka one of the most stunningly beautiful women I've ever seen, she is so damn entertaining in the ring that she can get me to sit through hours of VKM bullshit just to see her in a short match. Using the green mist is a brilliant touch. If they were smart, she'd get a year-long run on top as a heel champ before turning. She proved in NXT that she can own a crowd and work face as well as heel and still  be over in the clover. She's once in a generation talent and hopefully WWE makes the most of what they have with her.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If being heel stops him from saying "Burn it Down," then we all win.

Although logically, wouldn't a heel be more likely to want to burn things down than a face? Perhaps part of his heel persona should be giving other wrestlers a hot-foot in the locker room, yeah, that's the ticket...

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

Back to Orton? Shit, it might be that.

No one here wants to hear it, but that makes the most storyline sense - Orton never wanting revenge after being shoot elbowed and bleeding buckets always felt strange. 

• Like 3

You almost have to turn Becky at this point, right? Who wants to cheer her knowing her fiancé is a whiny douche(strictly speaking in kayfabe)? That's one of the dangers of going public with these real-life relationships. 

11 hours ago, Whodathunkit said:

Hopefully, we get a December skit where Lashley dresses as Santa for the kids at a children's hospital, and Russo runs in at beats him up in view of the kids.  I shouldn't joke about that.  They'll probably do it.

I know that's a typo but I could totally see Russo writing that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

On a more positive note: not only is Asuka one of the most stunningly beautiful women I've ever seen, she is so damn entertaining in the ring that she can get me to sit through hours of VKM bullshit just to see her in a short match. Using the green mist is a brilliant touch. If they were smart, she'd get a year-long run on top as a heel champ before turning. She proved in NXT that she can own a crowd and work face as well as heel and still  be over in the clover. She's once in a generation talent and hopefully WWE makes the most of what they have with her.

Heel Asuka is the one thing the main roster has done better than NXT.  That extra bit of gloating after she mists someone in the face is that extra element that puts her over the top.  NXT Asuka was just cocky.

Agreed with Dave and Bryan's incessant complaining about the mist.  I grew up with Killer Khan, Great Muta, and Tajiri.  I don't recall ANY of them being DQ'd for using it in their matches.  Or if they were, not on a regular basis.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

DQ's are only for foreign objects.  It's well known that all Japanese Wrestlers* possess an extra gland that produces the mist, therefore making it natural.  It's just that only certain people trained that gland to produce the mist over the years. So really, it's just like spitting on your opponent.

Naito wasn't being disrespectful the last 3 years, he's just wondering why the mist won't come out.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Whodathunkit said:

Rusev was certainly ticking all the boxes for what makes a WWE babyface tonight.

-- Stalking ex?  Check.

-- Violating restraining order?  Check.

--Violently resisting lawful "arrest"?  Check?

-- Attempting to seriously injure/murder someone who may not (in kayfabe) been able to protect himself?  Check.

Hopefully, we get a December skit where Lashley dresses as Santa for the kids at a children's hospital, and Rusev runs in at beats him up in view of the kids.  I shouldn't joke about that.  They'll probably do it.

Rusev's making the best out of shit material, but I have no idea why I should cheer him or sympathize tonight.

How is Rusev stalking Lana? He's going to work. She's filing restraining orders so he can't work. 

In what world is Lana and Lashley the faces in this mess?? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peck said:

You almost have to turn Becky at this point, right? Who wants to cheer her knowing her fiancé is a whiny douche(strictly speaking in kayfabe)? That's one of the dangers of going public with these real-life relationships. 

I don't know what relationship you're talking about. I'm a 30+ year fan and therefore an idiot because all fans are idiots who don't remember anything at all. </WWELogic>

16 minutes ago, Infinit said:

How is Rusev stalking Lana? He's going to work. She's filing restraining orders so he can't work. 

In what world is Lana and Lashley the faces in this mess?? 

They're not.  Which is why you shouldn't book your babyface to physically intimidate his wife in public, fight cops, and knock over a piece of the set on the wife's lover to possibly kill him (I think we were supposed to assume Lashley was already hurt or dazed).

Sure, Lana is screwing with him (figuratively) with the restraining order, but there are a thousand better ways to write this storyline.  WWE tends to write babyfaces as (occasionally) terrible people who do awful things but we're supposed to cheer them because the other guy is a heel.

I'm not cheering  Lana and Lashley (I'm mostly hitting the FF button on the DVR and forgetting the angle is going on), but I'd like it if the babyface acted more a little less than some angry, outta control dude whose wife left him.  The brawl was fine except for dumping the stage on Lashley.  Just give us a reason to cheer Rusev for something other than attempted manslaughter. 

Then again, last night's segment was the worst thing about this storyline, so.....

Did they admit that Lana isn't pregnant?  I balled on that segment a few weeks back when she said something about carrying a 15 lb. (!) baby despite not looking even slightly pregnant and being something like 9 weeks along.