DVDVR Message Board

Burn it Smackdown - 11/22/2019

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

Am I the only one that hates when companies switch belt designs?  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Vince is more of a mind with the philosophy of The Red Green show:

if it ain't broke, you're not trying

The opening segment would have been nice had they stopped after Roman's speech. The bickering with Corbin just brought things down.

The finish to Charlotte vs. Sasha vs. Rhea was neat. Match itself was pretty decent though Sasha and Charlotte went surprisingly light on each other at times.

New Day/Heavy machinery vs. Undisputed Era was pretty good.

Miz/Bryan was nice while it lasted. The horror movie mood lighting for the Fiend attacks really needs to die.

The 6-man tag was good along with the post match brawl. After seeing this one and NXT's I have no idea how Raw's managed to suck so much in comparison to both.

16 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

New IC title is awful. Totally uninspired. What makes the UK title and the UK tag titles pop so much is the inclusion of subtle coloring, like the blue globes and red jewels. Why do they get it wrong every god damn time?

You mean, except for the UK title and the UK Tag titles?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

I should have been more specific, the manufacturer of the main roster titles get it wrong every time. The NXT UK and NXT belts have their own belt-maker. But yeah, whatever.

Technically it's under the same umbrella, so I'll let you marvel in your pedantry.

Thanks!

I think the U.S. and Cruiserweight titles are just fine.

11 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Fuck Hulk Hogan. ?

Always.

11 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

though, more seriously, the winged eagle is almost by default the best of a weak batch. picture a 9-7 division champion.

the best world title was probably the attitude era's globe title belt that everyone who wasn't Austin got to carry (Austin's smoking skull belt was also pretty good, as far as Personalized Titles go).  The spinning rim belt was gaudy and ugly but I give it half a pass because that was kinda the point and with a belt like that it would actually make sense for an old codger like Vince to go all Authority/Evil Boss Rage and try to get the belt off an "anti-authority" champ and get the eyesore out of circulation for something safe and corporate.

The Weed Belt was great and Daniel Bryan should be champion forever for that alone.

Since Brock has the put the PUA Neg Whammy on Vince in general I do really wish he'd demand on getting to have the Big Gold Belt instead of this toy crap when he's champ.  Though I also salute his No Fucks Just Pay Me Shitloads stance.

For me the best WWF World Title was the Winged Eagle from February 1988-March 1998. I did like the WWF globe title belt (March 1998-April 2002). The WWE Undisputed Championship (April 2002-April 2005) never did it for me.

I liked the shape of the plates from the spinner WWE Championship  (April 2005-February 2013) but I had issue with the main plate saying "champ" when it should be champion.

The WWE Championship the Rock introduced shortly after winning the spinner in January 2013 was good because the WWE logo itself was smaller and "champion" was prominent on it unlike the current version introduced on the post SummerSlam 2014 RAW. If you could merge those two with the "champion" on the version before that and the WWE logo from the current one, it would be better.

In an ideal world, bring back the Winged Eagle and the belt I regard as the greatest of them all, Big Gold.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

For me it depends on the design, an improvement or a downgrade. Knowing WWE's pettiness, I'm thinking the classic Intercontinental Championship was replaced because it was Cody Rhodes who brought it back at Hell in a Cell 2011.

EKBmg-cWkAAg71L.jpg

Cheers, Cody.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Natural said:

In an ideal world, bring back the Winged Eagle and the belt I regard as the greatest of them all, Big Gold.

nothing will ever top The Big Gold Belt and it's pointless to try so it's completely unfair to compare anything else to it

(also, pointedly and non-coincidentally, not a WWE-original belt design)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

who the fuck are these 18-year olds watching Hawaii Five-O and Blue Bloods? 

Tom Selleck's mustache should be admired by all genders, ages, races and creeds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2