DVDVR Message Board

Burn it Smackdown - 11/22/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Well,  the only thing Smackdown is advertising tonight so far is Daniel Bryan calling out Bray Wyatt.  

I'm assuming the rest of the show will deal with the Great Brand Supremacy War of 2019. 

3 minutes ago, D.Z said:

odqzgbs1dc041.jpg

I really like it...but the classic Intercontinental Championship didn't need replacing. I think this should have been the WWE Universal Championship when it was introduced at SummerSlam 2016 but WWE want all the world titles on the main roster to have the same design.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

Am I the only one that hates when companies switch belt designs?  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

For me it depends on the design, an improvement or a downgrade. Knowing WWE's pettiness, I'm thinking the classic Intercontinental Championship was replaced because it was Cody Rhodes who brought it back at Hell in a Cell 2011.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, The Natural said:

For me it depends on the design, an improvement or a downgrade. Knowing WWE's pettiness, I'm thinking the classic Intercontinental Championship was replaced because it was Cody Rhodes who brought it back at Hell in a Cell 2011.

That's what I'm thinking. It's still the best looking of the main roster belts, although that's not exactly saying much.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I remember when everyone thought Keith Lee was gonna be an afterthought 

With injuries and his age and how long it took to get him going, there was a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I remember when everyone thought Keith Lee was gonna be an afterthought 

Give them a chance to call him up and Vince gets bored with him. Like I can see Vince be all "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS BASKING STUFF SUPPOSED TO BE?" 

It did give us what should be a Wrestlemania match moment with Lee vs. Braun. I had no idea I wanted that match till they were sizing each other up. I can't wait for this stupid brand shit to be over with. Too many triple threats. Too many people literally being thrown on a team because their name was drawn from the hat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

odqzgbs1dc041.jpg

a toy, barely fit to be around the waist of a limited edition wrestling action figure.

let alone to supplant the classic IC belt design, the only truly good looking belt design the WWE has _ever_ come up with.  (seriously, what's the one and only WWF/E belt plate design any other company in the world ever bothers to rip off?  That's right, the classic IC belt design)

Vince's (sub)conscious hatred of championship belts shows through in the bland branded trash the company repeatedly vomits up.  No wonder Kairi Sane wears her half of the women's tag belts around her neck like Coleridge's albatross.  That way she never has to actually look at it.

All their belts make all their champs look like geeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BobbyWhioux said:

a toy, barely fit to be around the waist of a limited edition wrestling action figure.

let alone to supplant the classic IC belt design, the only truly good looking belt design the WWE has _ever_ come up with.  (seriously, what's the one and only WWF/E belt plate design any other company in the world ever bothers to rip off?  That's right, the classic IC belt design)

Vince's (sub)conscious hatred of championship belts shows through in the bland branded trash the company repeatedly vomits up.  No wonder Kairi Sane wears her half of the women's tag belts around her neck like Coleridge's albatross.  That way she never has to actually look at it.

All their belts make all their champs look like geeks.

Not a fan of the Winged Eagle?

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Just now, The Natural said:

Not a fan of the Winged Eagle?

Fuck Hulk Hogan. ?

though, more seriously, the winged eagle is almost by default the best of a weak batch. picture a 9-7 division champion.

the best world title was probably the attitude era's globe title belt that everyone who wasn't Austin got to carry (Austin's smoking skull belt was also pretty good, as far as Personalized Titles go).  The spinning rim belt was gaudy and ugly but I give it half a pass because that was kinda the point and with a belt like that it would actually make sense for an old codger like Vince to go all Authority/Evil Boss Rage and try to get the belt off an "anti-authority" champ and get the eyesore out of circulation for something safe and corporate.

The Weed Belt was great and Daniel Bryan should be champion forever for that alone.

Since Brock has the put the PUA Neg Whammy on Vince in general I do really wish he'd demand on getting to have the Big Gold Belt instead of this toy crap when he's champ.  Though I also salute his No Fucks Just Pay Me Shitloads stance.

• Like 1