DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/20/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I won’t comment about any backstage kerfuffle that happened with Baker, because I haven’t read about any extra stuff with her. But I’ll say after last night I hope she isn’t put in any position to be in a potential contenders match. She wasn’t good at all, and only figured it out in the last few moments with Shida. Time to move Shanna into her spot now, or regret putting her here again.

• Like 2

I've only seen Jackson-Fenix in full thus far and its pretty emblematic of AEW.  Two guys having a 'in a vaccuum' good match that blows through spots rather quickly, exhibits a ton of no selling and could have ended at the first false finish and been a better match.  I'm not sure why you would book these two together and not put Jackson against either Santana or Ortiz to continue that storyline.  Instead, Rey wins and doesn't shake Nick's hand and ... so what?  They already did a stretcher job angle with The Lucha Brothers so whatever.

They're screwing Baker over pretty badly with card placement by sticking her just after the Jackson-Fenix match. She's (as far as I can recall) the only person on the roster getting heel chants and its all due to the way the company is pushing her. I agree she shouldn't be in the spot she's in right now but it is understandable they needed her to job here to push Shida over her in the rankings.  Baker is looking at a total rebuild.

The idea of putting Private Party over Proud & Powerful seems dumb to me especially since Party just did a job to The Best Friends on Dark.  If PP is going to be the upset kids, I'm not sure why you'd have them take a fall for the other midcard face team.  I think it would make more sense to keep Santana and Ortiz unbeatable until the Bucks angle blows off or it is a major moment.  AEW needs to have a referee meeting stat, because the promotion has messed up twice hard in only a few weeks.

PP beating P&P makes sense because firstly it was a tribute match to a recently deceased friend, so the babyfaces should go over. Secondly, anything can happen on AEW Dynamite, Santana and Ortiz might win the match on paper but that's why they play the games et cetera. Thirdly, P &P are ranked but AEW want to push their non title feud with the Young Bucks, so losing to a lower ranked team moves them away from the title shot they aren't due to be getting yet. Fourthly, they don't want Private Party to be seen as a jobber team who got lucky that one time. They're now two hit wonders at least. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

People have said that Baker has lack of experience.  She's been doing this for 5 yrs. She has more experience than Darby Allin.  I've seen her since her first match and about a year ago I posted about her when people thought she would be in NXT. A few people got pissy with me about it but what I said was true. 

About what? The part where you publicly insinuated she exchanged sexual favours for training?

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7257-nxt-oct-17-2018-tv-spoilers-taped-920/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I thought there were toenails painted on Ortiz's shoes, guess there were and for a reason. GROSS. 

I hate the split screen too, but really is it any worse than having a full commercial anyway? At least people that want to follow can, and now that WWE is doing it you know they have to. If things were fair this being a live show would mean limited commercial interruption... in a perfect world maybe. 

6 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Like others have said, my one complaint with Dynamite so far is that they really need to plan better when they have the split screen during commercial breaks. Tonight they missed out on 2 promos (Jericho walking backstage and Avalon walking to the ring) because of it. But then they give us stuff like Darby vs Mox and I instantly forgive them. 

You didn't miss much in the Jericho thing.

I echo all the statements here. They need to time those commercials better for sure.

Shida is great, Britt is not. I could hear her telling Shida not to hit so hard during the match, and considering she got a bloody nose from it she wasn’t wrong. I can’t comment on her backstage stuff either as I’ve never heard much that I trust but if she’s a negative force in the back and isn’t setting the world on in the ring it’s time to move on. Can AEW wrestlers take outside bookings? Or is that just for Jericho and Moxley? Baker needs to tour the indies more and come back as a heel.

I thought Scorpio Sky came across pretty well against Jericho, better than I thought. Not make or break for him next week but it’s a good test for sure. Jericho and Sky as the new Flair and Sting? I’ve seen crazier.

Lastly, that’s the second non 3 count for no reason on live TV and it’s bad. They covered okay on commentary but this is basic shit that needs to work. A third botch like this is pretty unforgivable at this point.

Huge Show next week! Should be rad and since it’s just another Wednesday in Canada I don’t need to worry about travelling for the holidays and can just drink it in, man.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

About what? The part where you publicly insinuated she exchanged sexual favours for training?

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7257-nxt-oct-17-2018-tv-spoilers-taped-920/

won't be surprised when more of this comes out in AEW.  People are already wondering why she is in the spot she is in.  But yeah thats the post.   The only thing that has changed about her in 1 yr is that she stopped copying the Adam Cole spot's.  

20 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

won't be surprised when more of this comes out in AEW.  People are already wondering why she is in the spot she is in.  But yeah thats the post.   The only thing that has changed about her in 1 yr is that she stopped copying the Adam Cole spot's.  

I don't say this to be confrontational as I'm cool with you.  But aside from personal experience do you have links to either other people's accounts of this from AIW or elsewhere or anything else to back this up?    In the age of "Fake News" (a term I abhor but I digress) be it with politics or wrestling whatever sources that are available for this would really help your case.  I just genuinely curious.  But as it is she's not that good at wrestling right now so I can't say I'm asking as a fan of hers.

I pointed out a few weeks ago that the refs need to do better on their counts (call it like a shoot) or the wrestlers need to be more aware of what's going on.  When I called it out, maybe in week two, it was because I saw three matches in a row where the ref had to hold up their count for a split second, but definitely still noticeable, to give guys time to kick out.  I'd rather have the bookers be stressed over bookering out of an unplanned finish than have a match look like shit because the ref and the workers weren't on the same page.  Remsburg stopping on that Pac/Trent pin was egregious and unnecessary and I have no idea what that shit was supposed to be last night.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I pointed out a few weeks ago that the refs need to do better on their counts (call it like a shoot) or the wrestlers need to be more aware of what's going on.  When I called it out, maybe in week two, it was because I saw three matches in a row where the ref had to hold up their count for a split second, but definitely still noticeable, to give guys time to kick out.  I'd rather have the bookers be stressed over bookering out of an unplanned finish than have a match look like shit because the ref and the workers weren't on the same page.  Remsburg stopping on that Pac/Trent pin was egregious and unnecessary and I have no idea what that shit was supposed to be last night.

I was in the middle of a conversation when that happened and since I was distracted, I couldn't tell if it was a blown count or just crappy camera work, but I knew there was something. Glad I'm not crazy.

And speaking of crazy: anyone else think there might actually be a chance they put the title on Scorpio?? I could see them not wanting Jericho to be Champion if there's a possibility he might have to put Tana over in the Dome. Especially after the PAC/DG kerfuffle.

Unpredictability is the real star of AEW, I suppose. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Santana was supposed to pull the ref out of the ring. You can see where he’s positioned, and he tries to pretend that Santana touched him to cover it up.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

I enjoyed this show a ton.  Can’t get over how (for lack of a better word) ‘cool’ both Moxley and Allin came across in that main event.  My only nitpick on it is that Allin could tighten up his strokes a little bit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't say this to be confrontational as I'm cool with you.  But aside from personal experience do you have links to either other people's accounts of this from AIW or elsewhere or anything else to back this up?    In the age of "Fake News" (a term I abhor but I digress) be it with politics or wrestling whatever sources that are available for this would really help your case.  I just genuinely curious.  But as it is she's not that good at wrestling right now so I can't say I'm asking as a fan of hers.

I will find the female wrestler who made a twitter post about it and DM you the post on here.  I heard her make remarks at both AIW and IWC shows personally and can also give you the accounts of others who have and can vouch for it that are workers and not fans.  If you look at my post history I've never had an issue with anyone else but if I see something I don't like I will speak up about it and when I know people who have personally worked with her and had nothing good to say about her it speaks volumes.  

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

People have said that Baker has lack of experience.  She's been doing this for 5 yrs. She has more experience than Darby Allin.  I've seen her since her first match and about a year ago I posted about her when people thought she would be in NXT. A few people got pissy with me about it but what I said was true.  She has a horrible ego and in general is a shitty person.

FWIW, I had the chance to meet Britt in November of 2017 at an NXT show in Pittsburgh that her bf was working and she couldn't have been more gracious; signing and taking photos with any fan who asked after the show, even knowing Cole was boarding a bus to head to Altoona the next night with the crew. To each their own.