DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 11/20/2019

RIPPA

Revival/UE was fire. Makes me wish they were still in NXT.

Good main even ladder match. Undisputed ERA as a whole has been putting on their working boots and doing overtime for a hectic couple of weeks, really makes me respect them that much more.

In a week where they had to throw out much of their storyline to setup for the big Survivor Series, I learn that NXT is shit now... ignoring the great run of live NXT so far.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

God fucking damn The Revival are great. Taking nothing away from ReDragon, who I love, but... God fucking damn The Revival are great.

I want to like this more. The Revival are fucking awesome. Hope to see them live.

• Like 1

vs. American Alpha. NXT TakeOver: Dallas 2016.

vs. American Alpha. NXT TakeOver: The End 2016.

vs. #DIY. NXT TakeOver Brooklyn II.

vs. #DIY. NXT TakeOver: Toronto 2016. *****. The best tag team match in WWE history and one of the best matches in WWE history.

vs. The Undisputed Era. NXT TV, 13th November 2019.

Top quality those. Say yeah! Yeah!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

A win is a win.

And it only took them throwing 50% of the main roster on the show to make it happen. ?

Kind of. NXT still lost heavily on 18-49 demographic, and that's really the audience that counts from an advertising money perspective. Dem Boomers don't matter.

The whole brand wars setup is dumb, but Revival/UE was the second best match in the company this year, and the Ricochet/Riddle sprint and fallout brawl was fun too.

Also, I don't care what anyone says, that ladder panama sunrise was a wonderful piece of internal wrestling logic. Gotta get more bounce to get the bigger guy over.

Guess we're just waiting til tonight for the surprise 4th guy? Is Gargano hurt leading to a real surpise, or is it just him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am curious if the ratings on RAW and Smackdown have helped with having almost the entire NXT lineup show on their shows.  If it isn't helping then the argument that they couldn't have won without the RAW and Smackdown people holds way more water to me

For that one week after the whole Saudi plane issues it did. But I think people were more curious about how they’d handle almost the entire roster not being there, and not the NXT roster appearing. On the other hand the “brands” appearing on NXT have helped that shows ratings a lot. So look out for more inter-brand feuds leading into Wrestlemania, and the foreseeable future.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

Guess we're just waiting til tonight for the surprise 4th guy? Is Gargano hurt leading to a real surpise, or is it just him?

He is out with a hurt neck. If he wasn't hurt, he would be the one wrestling Finn Balor. (Ironically he was hurt in the angle setting up the Balor match)

So, of course, people think that the WWE will all its scary long term booking, have this as a work.

(For the record - the leader in the clubhouse right now is that the 4th man is John Morrison)