DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK TWELVE

Dolfan in NYC

17 hours ago, supremebve said:

There is a lot going on here.  This all seems to have been leaked by someone in the NFL's office, which seems unseemly for them to be leaking stuff.  Another thing, Garrett doesn't seem to have said this to anyone else...at all.  There's a bunch of reporters on Twitter saying they asked his teammates and all of them seemed surprised that he would have said that.  Like it never even crossed their minds.  Now there seems to be another leak from the NFL saying that they've found no evidence that the allegation, that none of us would have heard about if they never said anything, is true.  I don't get why they'd leak this story, then immediately leak their findings...all within 24 hours of when it was said.  When did this investigation take place?  Another question...What did he say that Mason Rudolph said?  "A racial slur," is the most descriptive thing I've heard.  Did he call him, "THE racial slur?"  Or did he say something that can be construed as racist?  Do we trust the NFL this much?  Is Myles Garrett a supersized Jussie Smollet?  I have questions.

Right outside the convenient cropping of the photo.

If you watch the video - Blakeman is the first one there trying to separate them as soon as they stand up. So at the moment that picture captures, he is probably within 5 yards.

Does that mean it didn't happen - no. But being all "gotcha!" as Sports By Brooks is silly.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Right outside the convenient cropping of the photo.

If you watch the video - Blakeman is the first one there trying to separate them as soon as they stand up. So at the moment that picture captures, he is probably within 5 yards.

Does that mean it didn't happen - no. But being all "gotcha!" as Sports By Brooks is silly.

I have no idea what happened, and for the most part it doesn't even matter, but all of this seems weird from both Garrett and the NFL.

A couple other things that have come out that make this even more confusing.  Garrett never publicly said that Rudolph said a racial slur, but he tell multiple reporters to watch and listen to the tape.  If he did use a racial slur, Garrett decided to keep it quiet, and the NFL decided to scream it from the mountain top.  That doesn't make any sense.  So half the league thinks Mason Rudolph is a racist.  The other half thinks Garrett is a liar.  Nobody comes out of this looking good, and they could have just shut up and not leaked this to the media. So, Myles Garrett goes down as the dude who pulled the race card, when he did everything he could to make sure no one knew that this was a racial issue.  

On the other hand, if Mason Rudolph didn't call him a racial slur, there is still no reason for the NFL to leak it.  When it came to investigating the alleged slur, they stopped at, "well the ref didn't hear it."  Their investigation took less time than an episode of the Mandalorian.  If you're Mason Rudolph aren't you pissed that they didn't do everything possible to clear your name?  Myles Garrett is suspended indefinitely, but at minimum to the end of this season.  If he lied about this, couldn't they extend the suspension to include at least 2 weeks into next season?  They could have done that without even telling anyone.  They can't have this type of allegation going around being left to interpretation.  There is a significant percentage of their fans that believe they have a race issue.  They did the bare minimum to actually figure out whether this allegation is true or false.  The worst part is that we never had to hear about it.  

Myles Garrett is also one of those, If black people can say the N-word everybody should be able to say the N-word people...so he's not even getting sympathy from a lot of black people.  This entire saga could have been avoided if the NFL had the good sense to keep their private meeting private.

• Like 1

And we have even brought up the whole Josina Anderson angle to this.

She tweeted right after it happened something to the effect of "I bet Rudolph used a racial slur. Never saw Garrett act like that before". She quickly deleted that tweet (but folks screen capped it)

She (along with Schefter) were the ones who broke that Garrett used in his appeal defense that Rudolph used a slur.

Now she apparently saying on LeBatard's show that Garrett told some people (and one teammate) early on that Rudolph used a slur but that the Browns told him not to say that publicly.

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And we have even brought up the whole Josina Anderson angle to this.

She tweeted right after it happened something to the effect of "I bet Rudolph used a racial slur. Never saw Garrett act like that before". She quickly deleted that tweet (but folks screen capped it)

She (along with Schefter) were the ones who broke that Garrett used in his appeal defense that Rudolph used a slur.

Now she apparently saying on LeBatard's show that Garrett told some people (and one teammate) early on that Rudolph used a slur but that the Browns told him not to say that publicly.

Yeah, he told multiple people to watch and listen to the tape as early as last Friday.  

I honestly feel like the person who leaked the information believes Myles Garrett, but the rest of the people in the room didn't.  That's the only real way this makes sense.  He leaked it to Josina Anderson, (from what I understand Shefter followed up on the information given to Anderson) who he knew would be sympathetic.  Apparently no one in the entire game was mic'd up, so there is no real way to prove or disprove this allegation.  It's so fucking wierd that both of Garrett and Rudolph have been so loud/quiet about all of this.  Both of them seem like they understand that the other acted out of anger, and isn't really judging the other's character after the fact.  What we know for sure is that Garrett, whether you believe him or not, tried to do this quietly.  This is the NFL league office creating a controversy about something that no one outside of that meeting ever needed to know.  

34 minutes ago, elizium said:

Was Rudolph mic'd up? I assume most starting QBs are. Not that I expect that it would be released to the public, but it seems like it would be pretty easy to determine if he did or did not say something shitty.

Nope.

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/nfl-films-did-not-have-players-micd-up-browns-steelers/524884

On 11/21/2019 at 9:00 AM, RIPPA said:

About time I started this up again

Current 2020 draft order (from Tankathon) - (SOS)

1     Cincinnati: 0-10 (.568)
2     Washington: 1-9 (.525)
3     NY Giants: 2-8 (.463)
4     Miami: 2-8 (.491)
5     NY Jets: 3-7  (.481)
6     Tampa Bay: 3-7 (.528)
7     Denver: 3-7 (.542)
8     Atlanta: 3-7 (.571)
9     Arizona: 3-7-1 (.547)
10.  Detroit: 3-6-1 (.488)

"Important" Week 12 Games

• Miami @ Cleveland (currently 13th)
  • NYG @ Chicago (currently 14th, pick goes to Oakland)
  • Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
  • Detroit @ Washington

Notes:

This is the last week of byes (which Arizona has one) so everyone will be on even footing next week.

There are 4 teams just outside the Top 10 with 4 wins. As a reminder, last year Arizona had the Top pick with a 3-13 record and picks 2, 3 and 4 were to teams with 4 wins.

The Miami Dolphins - who everyone said were tanking - have an upcoming stretch where they play the teams picking 5th, 3rd and 1st (respectively). So there is a not so crazy chance Miami doesn't even pick in the Top 10.

Update:

• Cincinnati loses to Pittsburgh (0-11)
  • Washington defeats Detroit (2-9)
  • Giants lose to Chicago (2-9)
  • Miami loses to Cleveland (2-9)
  • Arizona on bye (3-7-1)
  • Detroit loses to Washington (3-7-1)
  • Jets defeat Oakland (4-7)
  • Tampa defeats Atlanta (4-7)
  • Denver loses to Buffalo (4-7)
  • Atlanta loses to Tampa (4-7)

Cincinnati strengthens their grip on #1 overall. I'm not sure about the tiebreakers between the 2-9 teams and the 4-7 teams without the opposing winning percentages.