DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK TWELVE

Dolfan in NYC

Well, football sucks again, but at least Jakeem Grant's 101 yard touchdown broke Miami's franchise record for KO's/Punts returned for TD with 4.   

Also, though it went under the radar last week, Miami's extended Allan Hurns for 2/8.  (3.2 guaranteed)

It feels like Ron Rivera has been living on borrowed time for his entire tenure in Carolina. Even during their good years fans talk about him being on the hot seat. I'm sure he's used to it by now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

It feels like Ron Rivera has been living on borrowed time for his entire tenure in Carolina. Even during their good years fans talk about him being on the hot seat. I'm sure he's used to it by now. 

They went 15-1 one year and I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if they had fired him after the season.  I can't think of a coach who seems to be in over his head more often, but he somehow keeps winning games.  

If you need even more proof about how bad things are in DC.   How about this for this week's game against the Lions

Granted you would still have to pay $30 - $50 to park but did you even think that even upper deck NFL tickets on Stubhub would be lower than the cost of a Starbucks coffee.

The more damning thing was the Wash Post poll showing that they are no longer the areas most popular team. (Granted its the perfect storm of the Nats winning the World Series and the Skins being historically bad)

Also - this is what happens when you finally have a home game against a team that doesn't have a travelling fan base

About time I started this up again

Current 2020 draft order (from Tankathon) - (SOS)

1     Cincinnati: 0-10 (.568)
2     Washington: 1-9 (.525)
3     NY Giants: 2-8 (.463)
4     Miami: 2-8 (.491)
5     NY Jets: 3-7  (.481)
6     Tampa Bay: 3-7 (.528)
7     Denver: 3-7 (.542)
8     Atlanta: 3-7 (.571)
9     Arizona: 3-7-1 (.547)
10.  Detroit: 3-6-1 (.488)

"Important" Week 12 Games

• Miami @ Cleveland (currently 13th)
  • NYG @ Chicago (currently 14th, pick goes to Oakland)
  • Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
  • Detroit @ Washington

Notes:

This is the last week of byes (which Arizona has one) so everyone will be on even footing next week.

There are 4 teams just outside the Top 10 with 4 wins. As a reminder, last year Arizona had the Top pick with a 3-13 record and picks 2, 3 and 4 were to teams with 4 wins.

The Miami Dolphins - who everyone said were tanking - have an upcoming stretch where they play the teams picking 5th, 3rd and 1st (respectively). So there is a not so crazy chance Miami doesn't even pick in the Top 10.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For anyone wondering - reports say Myles Garrett played the "Mason Rudolph used a racial slur" card during his appeal hearing.

It is something that will make you want to smash someone over the head with a football helmet.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For anyone wondering - reports say Myles Garrett played the "Mason Rudolph used a racial slur" card during his appeal hearing.

There is a lot going on here.  This all seems to have been leaked by someone in the NFL's office, which seems unseemly for them to be leaking stuff.  Another thing, Garrett doesn't seem to have said this to anyone else...at all.  There's a bunch of reporters on Twitter saying they asked his teammates and all of them seemed surprised that he would have said that.  Like it never even crossed their minds.  Now there seems to be another leak from the NFL saying that they've found no evidence that the allegation, that none of us would have heard about if they never said anything, is true.  I don't get why they'd leak this story, then immediately leak their findings...all within 24 hours of when it was said.  When did this investigation take place?  Another question...What did he say that Mason Rudolph said?  "A racial slur," is the most descriptive thing I've heard.  Did he call him, "THE racial slur?"  Or did he say something that can be construed as racist?  Do we trust the NFL this much?  Is Myles Garrett a supersized Jussie Smollet?  I have questions.

Yes I admit I am a Steelers fan but if Rudolph actually said something racist to Garrett,  why would you wait until the appeal hearing to tell people.  If Garrett would have told people on Friday the opinion would be so much less on Rudolph's side.  Especially when the growing take that Mason deserved it.   Waiting until the appeal to make it a huge revelation makes no sense.  

• Like 2

Garrett has confirmed that he said that Rudolph used a racial slur (while saying he is obviously disappointed that the hearing didn’t remain confidential)

In his statement he didn’t say what was said just that “he heard what he heard”

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hopkins is amazing. But nobody is paying enough attention to Michael Thomas and what he's doing this year.

Michael Thomas is great but it's easier when the worst QBs you've caught passes from is Teddy Bridgewater and Drew Brees. 

Hopkins had excellent production with Broken Matt Schaub, Fitztragic, Drunk Ryan Mallett, Brian Hoyer, and Osweiler before being blessed with Deshaun.  No one can do what Hopkins does on a day to day basis. 

Jesus Christ I forgot Case Keenum and Tom Savage. That’s a lot of suck. 

Edited by Lawful Metal
Bad QBs