DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Pup Play (DON'T GOOGLE THAT) - 10/15/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Setting this up now because I'm about to watch Parasite. (Excite!)  And basically only saw the opening match.   

But for the rest of you who did watch... Here you go. 

BTW, the puppy version of Roman's song is infinitely better than the original.  Fight me. 

• Like 3

The tragic saga of Dakota Kai continues.  I wonder what's in store for her now that her angle is being built across two brands?

I normally skip Survivor Series as a change nothing PPV, but there is a lot of compelling booking going on leading up to this event.

Edited by J.T.

That Baron Corbin....thing. Why are we doing this in 2019? I bought Rick Rude being suspended for making fun of Big Bossman's mom back in the day, but those were simpler times, damnit. And if we HAVE TO DO THIS, isn't the logical progression of having a dude in a suit that's hanging around with your douchebag heel be that someone surprises said heel by kicking his ass while in the suit and taking off the mask so that we the audience can have a good laugh with our smart babyface outsmarting this asshat? Seems like the kind of thing that a guy like Shorty G would be perfect for.

Now that Bray is on the blue show with the blue belt, are we going to have stupid blue lights during his matches? I loved Bryan's reasoning that it takes someone already unstable to want to fight a lunatic like Bray. I hope we can eventually get back to the story they were building with Nakamura and Sami. Maybe they cost Bryan the SS match?

I love all the collective members of the New Day but I am so god damn sick of them in tag team matches. Not even saying they need to split them up, but can't we do something different besides title win #345? and GIVE ME REVIVAL VS UNDISPUTED ERA, YOU COWARDS

• Like 1

I kind of skipped ff through the half of the Corbin opening. I like Corbin, but why they are giving a guy they admit lost them ratings so much time to speak along with freaking Ziggler I have no idea.

New Day vs. Revival was good until the predictable UE run in.

Bayley/Nikki turning into an NXT Women's invasion along with the subsequent 8-women tag was nice stuff all around. Kind of shocked Yim was wrestling another match already considering her injuries from Wednesday. 

The Miz tv segment was good. I kind of love how Bryan is refusing to fall into old gimmicks right now. I love Bray implying Bryan is the Fiend's new target because of what happened with the Wyatt Family years ago. I like the trend of the Fiend goign after everyone who ever crossed Bray. I kind of want Fiend to destroy Taker at some point.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:41 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Setting this up now because I'm about to watch Parasite. (Excite!)  And basically only saw the opening match.   

But for the rest of you who did watch... Here you go. 

BTW, the puppy version of Roman's song is infinitely better than the original.  Fight me. 

How was Parasite?

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

How was Parasite?

Parasite was great.  I won't spoil anything, because I went in knowing next to nothing about the movie and was better for it. 

The metaphors are hit a bit too hard, but otherwise, the story, the acting, the shooting were all terrific. 

• Like 1