DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 11/13/2019 ​​​​​​​​​

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

It  didn't look that bad when they were taking care of her in the ring right after. I imagine that is why suspicions have been raised.

The towel was soaked with blood, no? 

And why would they waste this "angle" with two lower-to-MAYBE-mid-card-women?

1 hour ago, Peck said:

The towel was soaked with blood, no? 

And why would they waste this "angle" with two lower-to-MAYBE-mid-card-women?

The towel was soaked, but there isn't any noticeable blood on Aliyah's face in any of the shots from right then.

Not saying it is an angle, but if it was I'm not sure why they wouldn't try to come up with something interesting for them to do so they can build them up more. The division honestly needs it a bit.

Holy fuck and here I thought that Taynara was working a little too snug last week.   Poor Aliyah.

I was all in with Team Angel until he threw his pants at Lio's wife and kids this week.   I really do hope that Lio gets back one for the hood and fucking cripples Garza in the next blow off, but Angel will probably end up lifting the title from Rush eventually.

Dunne / Dain was the best match that never started.

Yim vs. Io was fucking bananas.  I love both of those women so much..

WWE bookers are working the smarks big time with this Women's War Games angle as the mysterious attacker who ambushed everyone on Team Ripley over the course of the night was probably Bayley. 

I knew for sure that it was Dakota proving her worth until she (still showing signs of baby face) and Kay Lee got into it and then Bayley arrived in in full CAN I SPEAK TO THE MANAGER~? mode and drove Shayna's face straight into the fucking entrance ramp (I marked!), so I assume Bayley will get credit for all of the carnage on Smackdown on Friday night.

What a nasty, mean-spirited little facebreaker move Bayley put on Baszler.   I haven't been watching Smackdown so I am not sure if Bayley uses that on the regular.  If not, she really should.

Now I know what has been missing from Bayley's heel turn.   Vicious, dirty offense in her matches.  I'm just happy that Bayley finally got to kick a little ass instead of getting disrespected and tossed around during this heel run of hers.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

In case you missed it in one of the other threads

I think I was either too lazy or too tired to go back to previous pages and check for that Twitter embed.

I've been up since ten last night and my shift is over in about an hour.  Breakfast and bed are calling me.

• Like 1

Yeah, Rush/Garza was a Takeover match for sure. The curtain jerkers have been bringing the fire.

Both Xia Li and Taynara are just askin for broken noses with their strikes.

Strong can wrestle anyone.

The ladder match was stiff af. It's a ladder  match but the ladies were not slowing down... especially Shirai. Just full speed everything. Dakota's gonna do the turn/not turn that Strong did earlier in the year.

Speaking of viscous, every move Balor has done in since coming back to NXT has been brutal.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

What a nasty, mean-spirited little facebreaker move Bayley put on Baszler.   I haven't been watching Smackdown so I am not sure if Bayley uses that on the regular.  If not, she really should.

Now I know what has been missing from Bayley's heel turn.   Vicious, dirty offense in her matches.  I'm just happy that Bayley finally got to kick a little ass instead of getting disrespected and tossed around during this heel run of hers.

I think Bayley used it on Nikki Cross as a finish.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

I believe its her new finisher. She used it to beat Cross in their title match a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 2

I haven't watched NXT in ages, but I managed this week.

That Angel/Lio match was very, very good. I had no idea who either were, but that was some restaurant-quality wrestling. Wouldn't look out of place in the middle of a NJPW card.

God, that ladder bump was absolutely scary and kinda pointless. Seems like they could've gotten to the same conclusion without that suicidal drop. Jeff Hardy's watching on his cell phone while he drives drunk yelling "you go girl!"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

I believe its her new finisher. She used it to beat Cross in their title match a couple of weeks ago.

The internets say that it's actually an old finisher that she used in the indies.  I'm glad she brought it back.

She pulls Cross up a bit before hitting the move during the title defense, but IMO it looks far more hurty as a sudden downward faceplant. 

I thought that Shayna was going to join Aliyah at the rhinoplasty surgeon's next week after getting driven nose first into the entrance ramp.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ, hats off to both Io and Mia for that match. And I understand why they do it, but I HATE this trend where someone gets cut and we have to send all these people in to tend to the cut and stop the match dead. The toothpaste is out of the tube, but I wish we could remember that we are supposed to watching fighting here and sometimes blood can add to an already great match(I'm looking at you, super awesome Cody Rhodes vs Chris Jericho match from Full Gear)

The shameless Bayley mark in me loved seeing her kick some ass and I love the new finisher. Its taking a minute, but she's slowly starting to find a heel groove.

Evil prick Finn rules the world and mocking Gargano's neck injury as him being too much of a bitch to fight is some top level trolling. All in on Riddle vs Finn, bro

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Watching the show on DVR after reading this thread and the Li/Aliyah thing looks more like an angle when viewed knowing the outcome. 

I thought it was pretty clear that the doctor had a blood bag palmed in that towel then he came running out and Aliyah couldn't get the thing to pop.  You could see her trying to poke/bite it open toward the end of the segment and the camera quickly cut away and never went back.  

Edited by CSC
  • Like 2