DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/13/2019

Dolfan in NYC

What the difference a hot crowd makes. As soon as Darby uttered the words 'John Moxley' they went BANANA making Allin look like a massive deal rather than a wannabe punk kid.

Echo the thicc love - that's as far as I'm going with that...

I thought the flow was great tonight, there was no time to catch your breath, characters making their motivation clearer, big returns and debuts, big statement squashes, Hangman and PAC going on another tear (no-selling notwithstanding). Give me two hours like that every week.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, The Great ML said:

Janela is a goof with his ever careful tipsy toe down the ramp in his new cowboy boots and his inexplicable seizure while mugging for the camera...nothing about him screams dangerous, yet they’re trying to present him as some kind of threat.

Honestly, when he comes out on the stage he looks like an extremely low rent Dolph Ziggler impression.

• Like 1

I would love a side-by-side gif of Jericho slamming the chair into the post from both Nitro and last night's show.  Loved that he went into tantrum mode and did that.  And yeah, Darby is a star as is Luchasaurus.  I also really came to like Jungle Boy and Marko's tag team chemistry.  Between the three of them they have a really versatile style whether it's for trios or different tag combinations.    But AEW's doing everything they can to make new stars and they're to be commended for it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Noticed JR slipped up calling Full Gear "Fully Loaded" a couple times tonight.

Also called Hager "Swagger" during the main event.

MJF seems ready for his moment. But I can't shake the feeling that if he were wrestling somewhere else with his current skill level, he'd be comparable in skill to Miz or EC3 and everyone wouldn't be so over the moon about him. That's not a bad thing, but it's amazing how much more charitable fans are with performers when they're wrestling in a company that hasn't pissed away all its goodwill. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, caley said:

BTW, what kind of lousy friends are Page and the Bucks, Wardlow's out there hanging their friend and they're nowhere to be found?!  Should have had the Bucks beatdown before the Cody-Jericho segment and you can explain away Page's absence because of his impending match.  But NO one coming out to help Cody makes it seem like MJF was right about him.

Bucks were brawling with PnP while Cody was getting beat down. What we saw on TV of the brawl was basically the end of that fight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

MJF is just so well spoken that he makes you forget that he’s so young, and nothing special in the ring. I would even say that he’s way ahead of Miz as a talker at this point in his career, than The Miz was on ECW/Smackdown.

His realization and smirk, when he got hit by the beverage, was so good!

• Like 1

I agree @Oyaji that this was the weakest outing, but it was still pretty strong.  A lot of talk of Scorpio Sky, I think the tool he is missing is timing.  That was an issue with this whole show.  Tho, I was also watching the Fite feed which kinda drags without the breaks.  Yes, SCU needs to end that lame opening spiel pronto.  

Still so much to enjoy here, and a great transitional episode.  Lots of feuds and bouts set up.  Also, pnp are killing it.  

Great crowd in Nashville.  

• Like 1

I’m not huge on SCU as a team. I do think Scorpio Sky has big time potential but there’s a missing piece still. First, if they are going to push him he needs to get decisive pins, not roll ups. There are very few people who get over with small packages and Scorp ain’t one of them. Second, his hot tag is still on the level of a New Japan young lion. I hate to say he needs movez or anything but at least throw in a fun suplex. Also the SCU Later or whatever their tag team finish is needs to go. The team can still work but I’d rather they get to spinning off Sky when there’s more exciting teams like Jurassic Express and PnP around.

So... they gave PAC his win back, which I normally hate, but he did it in an over the top vicious heel manner, which I loved. I want the feud to continue, but PAC could’ve done that beatdown during an interview segment (maybe interrupting Page challenging Moxley or Jericho again). Maybe this leads to a Texas Death Match that puts Page over huge so it’ll be worth it. I hope so anyway.

MJF proved in that segment he shouldn’t be in the Inner Circle. His solo promo was great but as soon as him and Jericho got really into their bad improv set I tuned out. Wardlow looked amazing though. And for those wondering where Cody’s pals were, weren’t the Bucks taken out by PnP and Page by PAC, and Dustin and Kenny weren’t there? Sure, maybe someone like Sonny Kiss could come out but they covered their bases, I think. (Also, a group beatdown of Sonny Kiss is a visual you’d have to be careful with.)

Darby Allin is a star in the making. The Jeff Hardy comparison could be very accurate, with him/Mox being a possible “Make yourself famous” moment.

Good episode this week, very stoked for next week! It’s becoming a pattern!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Godfrey said:

I’m not huge on SCU as a team. I do think Scorpio Sky has big time potential but there’s a missing piece still. First, if they are going to push him he needs to get decisive pins, not roll ups. There are very few people who get over with small packages and Scorp ain’t one of them. Second, his hot tag is still on the level of a New Japan young lion. I hate to say he needs movez or anything but at least throw in a fun suplex. Also the SCU Later or whatever their tag team finish is needs to go. The team can still work but I’d rather they get to spinning off Sky when there’s more exciting teams like Jurassic Express and PnP around.

So... they gave PAC his win back, which I normally hate, but he did it in an over the top vicious heel manner, which I loved. I want the feud to continue, but PAC could’ve done that beatdown during an interview segment (maybe interrupting Page challenging Moxley or Jericho again). Maybe this leads to a Texas Death Match that puts Page over huge so it’ll be worth it. I hope so anyway.

MJF proved in that segment he shouldn’t be in the Inner Circle. His solo promo was great but as soon as him and Jericho got really into their bad improv set I tuned out. Wardlow looked amazing though. And for those wondering where Cody’s pals were, weren’t the Bucks taken out by PnP and Page by PAC, and Dustin and Kenny weren’t there? Sure, maybe someone like Sonny Kiss could come out but they covered their bases, I think. (Also, a group beatdown of Sonny Kiss is a visual you’d have to be careful with.)

Darby Allin is a star in the making. The Jeff Hardy comparison could be very accurate, with him/Mox being a possible “Make yourself famous” moment.

Good episode this week, very stoked for next week! It’s becoming a pattern!

I pointed out a few posts ago that the Bucks and PnP were brawling backstage at the time Cody went out and got beat down.

Regarding PAC and Page, people keep saying this is 50/50 booking, which is incorrect. This was their third match. The announcers played it up as PAC winning the series between he and Page. Even before the match last night it was played up as the third meeting between the two and they were at 1 win a piece. Does no one remember that they've wrestled twice before? And it isn't so much that PAC got his win back, it's just him getting 1 up in the series.

What I liked most about this match is that each of their matches are telling a longer story. Page didn't fall for the same tricks PAC pulled on him in the second match and wound up winning. Page remembered that in the third match, including reversing the brainbuster outside the ring, but PAC busted out some new twists and turns and wound up winning in a totally different way by stomping Page's brains into mush. I want them to just go to a best of 7 series now.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I pointed out a few posts ago that the Bucks and PnP were brawling backstage at the time Cody went out and got beat down.

Regarding PAC and Page, people keep saying this is 50/50 booking, which is incorrect. This was their third match. The announcers played it up as PAC winning the series between he and Page. Even before the match last night it was played up as the third meeting between the two and they were at 1 win a piece. Does no one remember that they've wrestled twice before? And it isn't so much that PAC got his win back, it's just him getting 1 up in the series.

What I liked most about this match is that each of their matches are telling a longer story. Page didn't fall for the same tricks PAC pulled on him in the second match and wound up winning. Page remembered that in the third match, including reversing the brainbuster outside the ring, but PAC busted out some new twists and turns and wound up winning in a totally different way by stomping Page's brains into mush. I want them to just go to a best of 7 series now.

I saw your first post after mine, good call on Bucks/PnP.

Re: PAC/Page, I thought Full Gear was the third match. I swear JR called it the rubber match. That’s my mistake. Hey, I’m up for a Best Of 7 series too. I just get nervous sometimes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Sammy Guevara looks like Alex Wright only 500% sleazier and I am here for it all the time.

That's tough too considering Alex Wright's gimmick was basically a stripper. I'm also in agreement. I hate to be a "body" person, but if Sammy could just bulk up a little bit more I think that would help him in the long run. As it is, he already feels like he's light years ahead of where he was at this same time a year ago.

12 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Re: PAC/Page, I thought Full Gear was the third match. I swear JR called it the rubber match. That’s my mistake.

I believe they're counting the Nottingham match (at least in commentary) so that would make last night's match the 4th match.

• Like 1

Just now, Swiftian said:

I believe they're counting the Nottingham match (at least in commentary) so that would make last night's match the 4th match.

They appeared to backtrack last night, and they made no mention of this being the 4th match. Like I said I don’t believe this is the end. We got the Battle Royale, and they could very well be the last two to survive. I can’t imagine the way Page lost last night was the end to this whole feud.