DVDVR Message Board

WWE Backstage

Gonzo

If it is actually with FOX then it really only sounds like Punk truly won. He'll be paid to come on a WWE branded show, shit on the company for being stale and dumb, and they can't do anything about it because they don't pay him. 

• Like 1

So, the show is hilariously rah-rah, with the criticism muted (the worst reaction to Lana-Rusev-Lashley was "I don't like it"). Even insider boy Ryan Satin had two signings and nothing about Sin Cara asking for his release. Obviously everything is being filtered through WWE even if they say it isn't. It's bad awkward to have WWE employees (Renee Young, Booker T, Paige) run a show that's supposed to be independently covering its subject.

So let's say Punk comes in and pipe bombs the place into  pieces. Does WWE withdraw their cooperation and their employees' cooperation? 

12 hours ago, jstout said:

So, the show is hilariously rah-rah, with the criticism muted (the worst reaction to Lana-Rusev-Lashley was "I don't like it"). Even insider boy Ryan Satin had two signings and nothing about Sin Cara asking for his release. Obviously everything is being filtered through WWE even if they say it isn't. It's bad awkward to have WWE employees (Renee Young, Booker T, Paige) run a show that's supposed to be independently covering its subject.

So let's say Punk comes in and pipe bombs the place into  pieces. Does WWE withdraw their cooperation and their employees' cooperation? 

No, because this isn't 2015 fan fiction where Punk "sticks it to the man." He's there to do his job, and is presumably being paid a whole lot of money to do it.

It's also not as obvious as you seem to think that WWE holds sway - FOX just invested hundreds of millions of dollars in the SmackDown deal. Why on earth would they air a show that shits all over it? This was never going to be a dirtsheet show.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AxB said:

I have two questions. Firstly, did the Shadow know? And secondly, if we come up with a really good DVDVR Board meme in the next six days, will Punk then use it on telly?

Punk stepping into the shadows to deliver his line to camera was a subtle nod to his DVDVR spokesman.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/14/2019 at 7:37 AM, MORELOCK said:

No, because this isn't 2015 fan fiction where Punk "sticks it to the man." He's there to do his job, and is presumably being paid a whole lot of money to do it.

It's also not as obvious as you seem to think that WWE holds sway - FOX just invested hundreds of millions of dollars in the SmackDown deal. Why on earth would they air a show that shits all over it? This was never going to be a dirtsheet show.

You're right. But the show has to have some kind of "teeth" to it to get anyone to watch. If that means Punk launches a tiny turd in the punchbowl, so be it, but it needs to appear not so tethered to the mothership. I gotta admit I don't care enough to have ever watched it, but is the UFC show on ESPN this rah-rah, or does it have some bite to it?

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Even though he certainly has reason I cannot possibly fuckin believe Punk went five years without knowing ANY of the stuff that's gone down since he left. I mean the Shadow knows, right?

I've always been of the belief that he knows more about it than he lets on.  His Starrcast panel gave me the impression that he keeps up with it to a certain degree, especially in the past year or two.  So he may have tagged Tony but I'll be surprised if he brings up AEW considering the show's an hour long fluff piece.

The Niko knows....am I doing this right?

• Haha 1

Maybe Phil and Orton should have kept Tony out of this.   Also,  I find Punk pretending to know nothing about current WWE to be hilarious.  Does he watch it? Probably not but the whole "oh sounds like the women did some positive things.."    

Dude..   AJ Lee is your wife and Kaitlyn and her are friends.  I'm supposed to believe that a conversation about women's wrestling has never taken place?