DVDVR Message Board

WWE Backstage

Gonzo

6 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

We just missed out on the Best in the World feud, Punk vs. Shane O, by a month.

Goddamn pal, we've got 6 months until WrestleMania, give it time. Co-main event of WrestleMania, it'll be such good shit.

• Haha 1

A modest proposal: Punk comes back for a few matches, but he keeps the Tuesday gig to shit all over it and air his grievances.

I know I haven't been good enough to deserve such a scenario. It'll be like I've died and gone to drama heaven. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 2

Do they always shit all over the current storylines on this show? I'm watching a clip WWE on FOX posted on YouTube about the Rusev/Lana/Lashley stuff, and Renee is brutally honest about how bad it is (and how they quickly moved away from the 3rd hour of RAW being more edgy and whatnot "after, like, a week").

29 minutes ago, Whodathunkit said:

Seth is that desperate to be important again?

Fixed

I did find it interesting that almost everyone at that show buried the Lana/Lashley/Russev angle.   So I guess it is totally going to be a fluff show.  Not that their opinions mean anything.

Edited by hammerva

Missed because of the Punk story but also announced on the show - Miz and Paige both announced they re-signed with the company

Neither is really surprising because I doubt Miz has any desires to wrestler anywhere else and the WWE has set Paige up nicely to have a career after injuries forced her to retire.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Missed because of the Punk story but also announced on the show - Miz and Paige both announced they re-signed with the company

Neither is really surprising because I doubt Miz has any desires to wrestler anywhere else and the WWE has set Paige up nicely to have a career after injuries forced her to retire.

Apparently Miz was signed to a multi year deal in 2018, but I assume he was like “Uhhhh, why is Mojo making more than me a year for five years” post-Fox, and Saudi seal.

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Ask Niners. I assume he's still literally the only person here who's seen an episode. 

I've been seeing it since it started up and kind of like it for what they're trying to do.  Vince doesn't give a shit what they think anyway so if it's a fluff piece they want with a little snark thrown in then sure I'll check it out.  Punk signing didn't surprise me since his denials kind of tipped his hand anyway.  It is still neat to see him on the show but I don't think it's fair to assume he's going to go scorched Earth on anything.

And I did like Owens tweeting a gif of Million Dollar Man which has to be related to this.   He sure seems to have a point as Punk five years ago wouldn't take any money but I guess time changes things and they must have threw quite a bit for him to come back.  Even if it is Fox that brought him in.

I have two questions. Firstly, did the Shadow know? And secondly, if we come up with a really good DVDVR Board meme in the next six days, will Punk then use it on telly?

• Like 1