DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK ELEVEN

Dolfan in NYC

This Bears franchise loves to give you hope in one season and then stamp it the fuck out for the next 3 or 4 seasons. Just last few years alone should make me give up on the team completely, but if I haven't given up on the Colts, I'm not giving up on the Bears either. At least the Colts haven't had to deal with bullshit like giving millions of dollars to a fucking space alien looking motherfucker who sucks at being QB, then immediately trading up to draft a QB literally NO ONE AT THAT POSITION AND MANY AFTER WERE GOING TO TAKE and other GMs were actively laughing at the Bears for possibly trading up to draft Trubisky, then they did actually draft Trubisky and everyone laughed even harder, Trubisky proceeds to look decent, then management takes the running game out back and takes it out with a shotgun, Matt Nagy works his shitty magic like a drunk clown at a kid's birthday party, and now Bears fans are left with a big fat pile of horseshit. 

At this point I'd fucking love to go back to last season when Parkey couldn't make a field goal to save his life. Anything is an upgrade over this shitshow.

29 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I thought we should have gotten him in 2017 but we picked MIKE GLENNON instead.

This season is so fucked, I'd be fine if they took him now.

It could be worse, they could have traded up for Mitchell Tribusky when they could have had hall of fame talents Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes.  

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

It could be worse, they could have traded up for Mitchell Tribusky when they could have had hall of fame talents Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes.  

Fuck everything.

You know what? It wouldn't have mattered. Look at who Watson and Mahomes have to throw to. Say what you will about Bill O'Brien, he's sure as hell better than Matt Nagy. This Bears team could have Watson or Mahomes and it would still be a mess probably.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God with 6 weeks left we pretty much know 5 of the 6 NFC playoff teams.

It really looks like all that is left is who wins the East (Cowboys and Eagles). The rest (Niners, Packers, Saints, Seahawks, Vikings) are basically just playing for positioning.

Really the only other team with a shot is the Rams and they aren't good and behind two teams with a combined 17-3 record in front of them.

Whee!

I'm glad that you have faith in the Vikings to not find a way to completely screw this up somehow.

Because if there's one team that's capable of it. . .it's them.

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

Fuck everything.

You know what? It wouldn't have mattered. Look at who Watson and Mahomes have to throw to. Say what you will about Bill O'Brien, he's sure as hell better than Matt Nagy. This Bears team could have Watson or Mahomes and it would still be a mess probably.

The Bears have NO weapons on offense. David Montgomery was highly touted but Nagy insists on running shotgun draws if he does run the football. Allen Robinson is a decent receiver but the other guys are bums. The tight end position has been a bigger black hole for this organization than the QB position. You can't expect this defense to bail you out the way the mid 2000s Bears defenses with Urlacher, Tillman, Mike Brown did. 

On the other hand the Bear offensive line isn't quite the M.A.S.H. unit that Indianapolis is. And the CFL has been entertaining the past few seasons. It's a good thing I work nights and sleep through most of these bad performances. 

• Like 1

Fuck football.   We'll try this STEELERS WIN!~! thing next season.

I've seen more Sumo in the past two weeks than I did all last year because I hate the current NFL season.

There are a lot of homies I am cool with on the board from B'more so out of respect for them, I will refrain from my usual Ravens ranting.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1