DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK ELEVEN

Dolfan in NYC

If this isn’t pass interference I don’t know what is. And because the Texans and Bill O’Brien are mentally soft, that was ballgame.

Oh and there was another one by Marcus Peters on DeAndre and another no-call. 

And then there was a ticky tack one for 50 yards for the Ravens. 

This was all while the game was in reach. Once all that happened the whole team just checked out, and it turned into a blowout.

BOB sucks.

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

If this isn’t pass interference I don’t know what is. And because the Texans and Bill O’Brien are mentally soft, that was ballgame.

This was all while the game was in reach. Once all that happened the whole team just checked out, and it turned into a blowout.

BOB sucks.

They lost 41-7. One bad no call didn't do that. . .

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

Either the NFC South is really overrated or someone told the Falcons that the season begins in November.  Really playing well when it means nothing

Dude who are you telling? I mean I'm glad they're winning BUT...It's extremely frustrating at the same time. WHERE WAS THIS TEAM AT THE START OF THE SEASON?!? *flips coffee table*

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Seriously - how is it that the Bears have no ability to find a quarterback

FTFY. 

Did they go to the Kaepernick workout?  Kaepernick has had a better career than any Bears quarterback of my lifetime, and possibly of any Bear quarterback ever.  I said this after week one, but Trubisky isn't just bad, but he looks like he has no business playing at this level.  He was the first quarterback taken in the draft, and I don't understand what anyone saw from him that made them think he was going to be good.  He wasn't particularly good in college, he never seems to have any idea what he's doing, and he isn't even a dude who looks the part.  I've seen plenty of bad quarterbacks, but most of them have something that makes me say, "OK, I can see why they keep trying this."  Every time I've ever watched Trubisky, I always came away thinking he was in way over his head...even when he played well.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

BOB sucks.

While I am a Ravens fan I just wanted to say I agree they got away with some calls.  The PI you mentioned in the tweet was the most egregious one and we were just as surprised about it as you were.  Not sure if all that made them check out of the game though as come third quarter they still had a fighting chance to overcome that.

Speaking of Ravens since I wasn't on here yesterday, but while I know there's the usual anti-Ravens talk every year (Baltimore sucks, Ray Lews, etc.) I wonder if this is the year they may get at least a little bit of respect.  They have Lamar who is having to say the least a crazy great year.  And while the rest of the team has had its ups and downs overall they seem like they're on a roll.  Not saying they'll win Super Bowl but there to me seems to be hopes of them at least getting to AFC Championship.  It's easy to say that considering I live here so for all I know people may still talk shit about them.  But then again while I read this weekly I could be way off base so who knows.

Lamar is the real deal.  He had a great run where it looked like he evaded every single Texans defender at one point. 

The Texans are mentally soft.  Prior to the bad PI call, they had held Lamar to 1-5 passing, and shut down the run game, without JJ Watt and the majority of the secondary hurt.  BOB decided to get cute with the bye week and abandon all the super successful RPOs to the tight ends and try to do some down the field stuff against Earl Thomas (?) and company, which just led to Deshaun dancing for his life in the backfield.  This happens all the time. 

After the bad call, Texans couldn't tackle, couldn't cover, and Deshaun looked like he was trying to win it himself, receivers were running the same routes as each other, and it just went to shit.  BOB can't control his emotions, and so neither can his team.  Plus, it was a big time moment to prove the Texans are for real, and they immediately get their noses pushed into the shit.  I thought maybe after the Chiefs game they was something, but that's an issue with the Chiefs, not that the Texans are actually good. 

Until they get competent coaching, I still always expect the worst from the Texans.

Edited by Lawful Metal
  • Like 1

God with 6 weeks left we pretty much know 5 of the 6 NFC playoff teams.

It really looks like all that is left is who wins the East (Cowboys and Eagles). The rest (Niners, Packers, Saints, Seahawks, Vikings) are basically just playing for positioning.

Really the only other team with a shot is the Rams and they aren't good and behind two teams with a combined 17-3 record in front of them.

Whee!

There are said to be 8 teams that attended the Kap workout.  There is a mystery team apparently.  Originally they thought it was the Bills or the Pats but it was neither.  I am doubting it was Chicago.  NFL practiced in bad faith.  All of a sudden they wanted to control every aspect of the workout and Kap was to sign all these waiver forms etc.  it was a PR stunt by the league.  The teams that were actually interested and attended Kap's own workout were 

KC
Jets
Philadelphia
Tennessee
SF
Washington
Detroit

Depending on who you ask there was a wide range of opinions.  Some scouts said Kap threw the ball well and he still had elite arm strength,  okay accuracy on the deep ball.  Some said he looked "average" so who knows.  All I know is that 3 years ago he was better than many of the starting QBs in the league. 

• Like 2