DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NCAAF: Week 12

Dolfan in NYC

22 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

My stance on all of this is “don’t care, IU is ranked, fuck everybody.”

WE COMING FOR YA PENN STATE!

I expect IU being ranked to somehow make it into my next alumni magazine-ish thing.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:16 AM, Kuetsar said:

On the video-that-shall-not-be-shown, I've seen more devastating hits, but I'm not sure I've seen a dirtier one. Even in the NFL that's a ejection and suspension. 

Only one I can think of that's close is the bodyslam on Jim McMahon that probably cost the Bears a second Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No that's his job. Tua has a history of injuries and no reason to even play him vs. Miss St. He was still not 100% coming off the LSU game and they can beat MSU with anyone at QB. 

What happened to Tua today had nothing to do with his ankle.  By your logic, Saban should never send a single player on the field, because there is a risk that someone will suffer a horrible injury on LITERALLY EVERY football play.

And, for the record, Bama scored all of 3 points the rest of the game.  So, the idea that they could just roll over MSU regardless of who was playing QB doesn’t really hold up to scrutiny.

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

What happened to Tua today had nothing to do with his ankle.  By your logic, Saban should never send a single player on the field, because there is a risk that someone will suffer a horrible injury on LITERALLY EVERY football play.

And, for the record, Bama scored all of 3 points the rest of the game.  So, the idea that they could just roll over MSU regardless of who was playing QB doesn’t really hold up to scrutiny.

They were not trying, with a week of prep it would have been a similar outcome, MSU is awful.

You can say it had nothing to do with the ankle however when a part of your body is hurt you can overcompensate.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They were not trying, with a week of prep it would have been a similar outcome, MSU is awful.

You can say it had nothing to do with the ankle however when a part of your body is hurt you can overcompensate.

Injury had nothing to do with “overcompensating.”  His hip broke because two enormous men fell on him at just the right angle to jam his femur into his hip bone.  It was a freak accident that could happen to any player on any play.  Let this clown take go.

• Like 1