DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 11/11/19

victor

17 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Charlotte & Natalya defeated Asuka & Kairi last week to somehow earn a title shot for Charlotte & Becky, who had already lost to the champs a month ago. Show was mostly dreadful

Whatever you do, DON'T listen to Meltzer and Alvarez argue about that very thing...  And you made a better point in one sentence than they did in ten minutes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So...   was this show Meltzer's cup of tea? 

Judging from WOR over the weekend where he was vehemently defending the spoilers and booking logic - yes.

I had just pointed this out last week, but people think Dave is so anti-WWE, when in actuality he defends so much of their stupid shit. The WOR over the weekend is a good example of that. It was almost enough to just make me unsubscribe.

I skipped through pretty much most of Raw but did like not only Becky starting the show but her jacket having a Pearl Jam-type design on the back.  Also liked Almas/Cedric for what it was.  But unless there's other matches worth watching I think I'm good with just skipping through everything else.

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

1) the WWE should just put one of the less promising NXT guys into the Sin Cara gimmick and act like he never left. There's gotta be somebody down there that can jump on that trampoline and not fuck it up.

2) WALTER would be the European Champion if this was another time. Also sounds like they went with the Teddy Long booking philosophy there.

3) One could argue that Lana seems less sincere with her FSU Cowgirls voice... but how sincere should "person who is blatantly lying to gain an edge" be anyways?

In the proper timeline WALTER would hold one main belt and Cesaro would hold hte other and they would rule the roster with an iron fist.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Haven't watched in a while but has Charlotte somehow gotten more stiff and clumsy-looking while working?

Maybe Kairi beating up on her boobs was some kind of unique Inoki slap thing...

Only way to chop her now without busting one of the enormous implants.

10 hours ago, piranesi said:

Why is an Austrian wrestler who is the UK champion coming out to a French horn theme by a Czech composer from a symphony about America?  I feel like Jim Johnston at least would have done more than just grabbing a copy of "Classical Thunder" and finding the first bop.

Just be happy they didn't slap "Great Gates of Kiev" on him and be done with it...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Haven't watched in a while but has Charlotte somehow gotten more stiff and clumsy-looking while working?

Maybe Kairi beating up on her boobs was some kind of unique Inoki slap thing...

Maybe Charlotte is getting them done again. And they are working an injury angle. ?

• Haha 1

I only watched up until Walter/Seth and the impromptu 8 man. The women's tag wasn't bad to open the show. It's amazing how Charlotte is now in her own version of Ric Flair in the mid to late 90's. Like if there was a Women's US or Intercontinental title, She would be that champion and we would be getting Charlotte vs. Zelina Vega as an homage to Ric vs. Eddie Guerrero over the US Title. 

I love Kairi too much to ever boo her. 

Moving along to Seth/Walter, just listening to the commentary it's so bad that Jerry Lawler does not watch any of the WWE at all. He was all "oh so this guy is pretty big huh?". Graves would have been touting all of Walter's accomplishments.

After Friday night I still want Walter vs. Otis. 

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I skipped through pretty much most of Raw but did like not only Becky starting the show but her jacket having a Pearl Jam-type design on the back.  Also liked Almas/Cedric for what it was.  But unless there's other matches worth watching I think I'm good with just skipping through everything else.

WALTER's matches were good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

WALTER's matches were good.

I saw the singles match but only saw him on offense at normal speed.  Anytime Seth was on offense it was at 2x speed.  I didn't see the tag match so if that's not too shabby I'll check it out.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This spot can fuck right off.  Charlotte should not be no selling for ANYONE, much less a defending champion. 

Charlotte deserves a face full of mist for the spot. That gif is pissing me off. I can't be too mad, though. It's not like I sat through Raw. Then, I'd just be mad at myself.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This spot can fuck right off.  Charlotte should not be no selling for ANYONE, much less a defending champion. 

A former champ who has main evented WM, is nearly a foot taller than her opponent, and weighs who knows how much more in muscle than her opponent shouldn't no sell weak chest slaps? 

• Like 2