DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 12/17/19

*Dark Match: Buster Jackson & Matt McIntosh def. General Justice & Nikos Rikos
*Taped for Xplosion: Trey Miguel def. Shawn Donovan after a flying elbow drop
*Taped for Xplosion: Josh Alexander def. TJ Crawford after a backbreaker

Impact Wrestling - Airing December 17, 2019 from New York City, New York

*Jordynne Grace def. Tenille Dashwood with a crucifix. After the match, Taya attacked Jordynne but Tenille helped fight her off.

*TJP (w/ Fallah Bahh) def. Daga via submission. After the match, the Desi Hit Squad attacked all three and laid them out.

*Rob Van Dam w/ Katie Forbes come to the ring for a promo. RVD says he's taking credit for inspiring every wrestler in the ring tonight and giving them every move they do. RVD said he's been ripped off by every wrestler including his Hard to Kill opponent, Brian Cage. RVD said people are calling it a dream match and he's sure it is for Cage, who he calls the biggest RVD mark of all. Cage interrupted and they brawled until Katie hit Cage with a low blow. RVD lays out Cage with a steel chair.

*Ethan Page (w/ Josh Alexander) def. Rich Swann (w/ Willie Mack) via DQ when Page baited Mack in to hitting him, to frame it as Mack costing Swann the match.

*Joey Ryan def. Acey Romero after a superkick. During the match, Johnny Swinger interfered and tried to do the dick flip but it wouldn't work.

*Ace Austin def. Petey Williams after the Fold

*Impact Worlds Champion Sami Callihan came to the ring for a promo. He said everyone is talking about him vs. Tessa at Hard to Kill making history but to him it's just another match. Sami said Tessa was Tully's daughter and raised by Magnum TA while he had to fight for everything and to become champion without having to ask dad for a tryout. Tessa interrupted but got attacked by Madman Fulton. Ken Shamrock came out with taped ribs for the save. Tessa and Sami brawled to the back while Fulton laid out Shamrock.

Edited by DreamBroken

Great to see Tenille back. She looked awesome here and I wish she was more in the mix still. TJP/Daga was pretty good and got a ton of time. Page/Swann and Ace/Petey both very solid. Kinda sad to see Romero go from that excellent match with Moose last week to losing a comedy match in under 5 minutes here. Fun closing angle building up Hard to Kill, which looks like another very good PPV lineup. And that ends another great year of Impact as I believe the next 2 holiday weeks are Best Of shows.

Yeah, that was a real good open. I don't remember anything about Tenille besides the bad dance from WWE and her and Jordynne had a fine match. 

Meanwhile, the end was... well, if the people outside were the staff and wrestlers, why were they chanting and "ooooohhhhhh"-ing like fans? It all just felt really dumb. 

I'm gonna go back and watch TJP/Daga because I didn't pay enough attention like a dummy

• Like 1