DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 12/10/19

Impact Wrestling - Airing December 10, 2019 from New York City, New York

*Rob Van Dam (w/ Katie Forbes) def. Rhino after the Five Star Frog Splash in an extreme rules match with Tommy Dreamer as guest referee. After the match, RVD laid out Dreamer with a superkick.

*Moose def. Acey Romero after the Spear

*Fallah Bahh def. Raj Singh (w/ Rohit Raju & The Great Gama) with the Banzai Drop. After the match, the Desi Hit Squad attacked Fallah until TJP made the save.

*Rich Swann & Willie Mack def. The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz), Reno Scum (Adam Thornstowe & Luster the Legend), and oVe (Dave & Jake Crist) in a Tornado match when Swann pinned Dave with a victory roll to become #1 contenders to the tag team titles. During the match, Mack injured his leg and was helped to the back, forcing Swann to finish alone.

*Tessa Blanchard def. Madman Fulton via DQ when oVe interfered. They beat down Tessa until Ken Shamrock made the save..

*Sami Callihan(c) def. Ken Shamrock to retain the Impact worlds heavyweight championship after Madman Fulton knocked out Shamrock when the ref went down then Callihan used an ankle lock with Shamrock unconscious, causing the ref to rule a submission. After the match, Fulton attacked Shamrock and tossed him from the ring until Callihan backed him off.

Edited by DreamBroken

WRESTLERS COURT! was legendary. Absolutely hilarious and stole the show. One of the funniest segments of the year for sure. Moose/Romero got pretty great by the end. Callihan/Shamrock was short but fun while it lasted. RVD/Rhino was solid, dug the split legged moonsault miss in to Gore thru table sequence.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 2

Well hot damn was Moose/Acey Romero a hell of a hoss match. I've never seen Acey before but going toe to toe with Moose and taking half the match felt special. Not only was that tope crazy but THAT POUNCE! And Moose proves he's certifiable too by doing that sitout powerbomb in the corner that could have easily wrecked either of his ankles if the weight landed wrong. Poor Joey Ryan is gonna get crushed next episode. Also, is it just me or does Moose have that weird Barry Bonds/PED forehead going on? Maybe too much use of an, er, Nugenix variant in his diet back in the NFL days...

The "old school rules" match was an ECW match. Tommy might as well have just set up a chair in one of the corners they weren't using. I guess it's good that RVD and Rhyno are still moving around as well as they do for their age. Props to Rhyno for pointing out the loud-ass little kid screaming for RVD to be killed and other sundry cruel things; RVD invading the Cage interview to make out with his stripper girlfriend was funny too. 

As far as Wrestler's Court goes, I thought it was even funnier than the throwback episode. Bad Religion! D'Lo! Pizz-ills! "Tommy, that's not how a court works, you're thinking of a wedding."

I know she's all about the intergender stuff but throwing Madman in against Tessa was a little absurd. I'm not even sure Sexy Star went up against, say, Mil Muertes in Lucha Underground (somebody will surely correct me on this because it sounds exactly like something they'd do). Tessa looked like Riho going up against Lance Archer here. Meanwhile, Shamrock looks ancient and Callihan just looks and acts disgusting. Props to Shammy for directing his forehead directly to the mat and then the floor for Fulton though. 

Really there was nothing bad this week. Even the tag spotfest had some wild bumps. A taped Impact more entertaining than a live AEW card, what a year...

• Like 3

Star and Mil were the final 2 in Aztec Warfare 3 Sexy pinned him to win the Lucha Underground Title after double stomping him thru a Table. Tessa and Fulton have had several matches against each other in Impact in singles & Tags. 

Moose vs. Acey Baby was Match of the Night and was a Hell of a Hoss fight. I need to find Wrestlers Court online to watch it again since I miss the start of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, the beginning before the commercial you have to see. Why there was a door to a brick wall in that room is beyond me. 

Somebody really should find out where they shot that in NYC, the building was just weird all over backstage. Neon green stair bannisters?!

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 1

It's missing the beginning. Joey is walking backstage, one of the boys comes up and says management wants to talk to him about the contract. He appears to be walking out of a door that has a brick wall behind it. There's a piece of paper taped on the wall with "Impact Management" written on it, Joey takes it off the wall to reveal a sign for the Men's room, so he walks inside...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

It's missing the beginning. Joey is walking backstage, one of the boys comes up and says management wants to talk to him about the contract. He appears to be walking out of a door that has a brick wall behind it. There's a piece of paper taped on the wall with "Impact Management" written on it, Joey takes it off the wall to reveal a sign for the Men's room, so he walks inside...

I saw the before commercial stuff. Live I missed everything before Dreamer calling D'Lo. Thanks for posting it! 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 1:29 PM, Peck said:

Snorted out my drink seeing the Bradshaw cowboy-hat guy talk about getting the broomsticks.

I think that guy was KM. I wonder if Impact is bringing him back with a gimmick that is riff on the JBL gimmick & Bradshaw’s real life backstage persona.