DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: WARGAMES III - 11/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

• RIPPA unlocked this topic

Thank god Rippa was wrong.  ?

So what is more hurt after tonight's main event:  Adam Cole's head and shoulders or Britt Baker's AEW career

Amazing to think that a 4 on 2 handicap war games match was easily the best match on the show and probably going to take a lot it not to be the best match of the weekend.   Sorry Becky but THE MAN is called Rhea Ripley 

• Like 2

The opening match should've gone on last, the Women's WarGames. Match of the Night by far. I'm surprised it didn't headline.

The triple threat needed to go home five or even ten minutes sooner. Least the right guy won in Pete Dunne. 

Really liked Finn Balor vs. Matt Riddle. Riddle keeps delivering in the ring. Glad Finn Balor has started using the Bloody Sunday again since turning heel. 

Men's WarGames was very good, preferred it to last years but the first WarGames at NXT: WarGames 2017 remains the best of the three. Nice seeing Kevin Owens back in NXT wearing his NXT attire and NXT entrance video for the night. Little touches like that are welcome. Thanks, KO. Scary ending with the Air Raid Crash from the top of the cage through two tables involving a nan who's just come back from major neck surgery.

• Like 2

Both Wargames matches delivered. Liked them far better than last year's effort. Triple threat was okay. Probably not a good idea to have most of the wrestlers tonight pulling double duty this weekend. 

Rhea Ripley won me over as a fan. Hadn't seen much of her until tonight. The rare handicap match I believed the smaller team should have won.

• Like 2

BRITT BAKER IS NXT!

In all seriousness, I'm genuinely intrigued how that came about. Did the camera man not know who she was, followed by the producer not knowing who she was, so they decided to show her.. which meant Mauro had to basically acknowledge her? Or did they know and just not care? Was it subterfuge to get her in trouble with AEW?

And did Britt talk to AEW first about her being there? And being in the front row? And did she know they'd show her on camera and just not care? 

Fascinating.

I loved the women's War Games match.  Dakota turning was something you could see coming from a mile away but I was expecting her to come in last and attack Rhea.  When she came out of the cage and turned around and attacked Tegan it caught me off guard(maybe I'm alone in that).  I think Dakota's turn was handled really well and setting things up as a 4 on 2 match the rest of the way was a great twist.  By far the best match of the night IMO.  Kay Lee Ray took a couple of nasty bumps I thought, but all the women had their working boots on and really turned in an outstanding performance.  Three way match was probably the weakest on the card but was still very good.  I was hoping KO was the mystery partner but expected to be let down, I nearly jumped out of my recliner when his music hit.  I hope he's moving to NXT full time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Wikipedia says the Men's WarGames lasted one hour, didn't feel it to me. That would make the longest match in the history of NXT.

I thought it was short of an hour, I think it was 8:42 ET when the intros started and it was over before 9:36.  Close to an hour, but I don't think it went a full hour.  

• Like 1

I’m apparently the outsider in thinking the main was dog shit, but I resent the War Games match being “watch us do spots!” Instead of “watch us settle an issue between people who despise each other. Women’s War Games basically exposed the Men’s as nothing more then a spot fest, which is a waste of Lee, Roderick, O’Reilly, and Owens. Match felt like it took for god damned ever to me.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

If it ended with just Ciampa/Cole through the tables it would have worked better. It was very WWE-style to have every member of the Undisputed Era go through a table one after another. As much as I love Gargano thank goodness we didn't get him and Cole facing off tonight. Probably would have kicked out of the super duper air raid crash. At least the one Panama Sunrise looked disgusting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

If it ended with just Ciampa/Cole through the tables it would have worked better. It was very WWE-style to have every member of the Undisputed Era go through a table one after another. As much as I love Gargano thank goodness we didn't get him and Cole facing off tonight. Probably would have kicked out of the super duper air raid crash. At least the one Panama Sunrise looked disgusting.

Yeah, the other table bumps in a row weren't necessary. I briefly bought we were going to see the Package Piledriver.