DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: WARGAMES III - 11/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

I think the women's WarGames will headline the show.

I'm pretty sure that the Women's WarGames match is the headliner.  Tommaso's team is a man short since Gargano is injured and Riddle is working Balor, so they will probably announce who will be the fourth member of that team this coming Wednesday.

That announcement will probably take the form of the person that runs in during the War Games Advantage Ladder Match between Cole and Dijakovic

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I've liked the build on the women's side though I think Dakota Kai should be in the match.  It's nonsense that she isn't.   

Well, Yim is legit hurt now, so who knows if they put in Kai.   I'm guessing not, because they can just work around Yim's busted ribs and have her enter last or something.  Plus it really looks like they're setting up some kind of angle with Kai.  

If they had to replace Yim - most likely they would use either Toni Storm or Piper Niven since they could use NXT UK storylines for them wanting to go after Kay Lee Ray

And not to mention that Kai is so definitely turning

In fact the only other face woman on NXT's roster (going by WWE.com) is Xia

EDIT - I think the website is based on those who are regularly on TV not the entirety of the roster

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, Yim is legit hurt now, so who knows if they put in Kai.   I'm guessing not, because they can just work around Yim's busted ribs and have her enter last or something.  Plus it really looks like they're setting up some kind of angle with Kai.  

Man I hope not.  I like her and Nox as a team they are awesome babyfaces.    @J.T.  I would hope they don't have the faces win the advantage for War Games.  That would be Russo booking. 

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm surprised there is any talk of Yim being replaced still considering she worked the 8-women tag on Smackdown last Friday.

Well again - there is a difference in a normal 8 person tag match where you can be hidden and a Wargame match.

I don't think she will get replaced but its not out of the question that there is a scenario where the doctors wouldn't clear her

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Well again - there is a difference in a normal 8 person tag match where you can be hidden and a Wargame match.

I don't think she will get replaced but its not out of the question that there is a scenario where the doctors wouldn't clear her

The thing is she would have had to have been cleared by the doctors for the Smackdown tag in the first place. She also wasn't hidden away in that match.

On 11/16/2019 at 3:08 AM, J.T. said:

Now THAT'S the Four Horsewomen.

I'll sign off on that! Shayna and Bianca are just adorable even though they look like they could rip your lungs out...

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

As noted in the other threads - the Dunne/Priest/Dain 3-way will take place on TV tomorrow and not at Takeover

So they just left the article up that says the three way is at Takeover, with the winner challenging Adam Cole at Survivor Series? Or did they move the triple threat back to Takeover?

Whoever is doing these previews needs to be fired (not really).

EDIT:

Edited by Casey

They changed it... multiple times

UPDATE --

After originally announcing that Pete Dunne vs. Damian Priest vs. Killian Dain would be on this week's NXT, WWE has noted that the match will instead take place at TakeOver: WarGames on Saturday night. The winner will challenge for Adam Cole's NXT Championship at Survivor Series.

That's from WON

I originally saw the Survivor Series post but then on Twitter people were saying it was Smackdown so that confusion might just be on people being stupid

On 11/18/2019 at 3:36 PM, odessasteps said:

I presume Hunter knows the correct way to book Wargames matches. 

One would presume but the last person is going to enter and instead of the end following shortly, the teams are going to line up and the match is going to basically start over and they're going to go about another 20 minutes until everybody gets into a scrum so someone can jump off the top of the cage onto them.

• Haha 2

On the Takeover conference call - Triple H said that the final member of Team NXT will be revealed at Takeover

He basically said it wasn't him but said it was "epic" and "people would be excited"

Just now, RIPPA said:

On the Takeover conference call - Triple H said that the final member of Team NXT will be revealed at Takeover

He basically said it wasn't him but said it was "epic" and "people would be excited"

Velveteen Dream cleared?