DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER: WARGAMES III - 11/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

The day after, they go to war with Raw and Smackdown, but in the meantime... 

WARGAMES MATCH - The Undisputed Era vs. Tommaso Ciampa/Keith Lee/Dominic Dijakovic/?

WARGAMES MATCH - Shayna Baszler/Bianca BelAir/悪の Io Shirai/Kay Lee Ray vs. Rhea Ripley/Mia Yim/Candice LaRae/Tegan Nox

*Finn Balor vs. Johnny Gargano

Finn Bálor vs. Matt Riddle

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH TO BECOME THE #1 CONTENDER TO THE NXT TITLE* - Pete Dunne vs. Damien Priest vs. Killian Dain 

--

*-Winner receives his title match at Survivor Series.

2 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

If any match in wrestling in 2019 needs blood, it’s the women’s war games. It won’t happen, but it really really needs it.

Similar to that, Submit or Surrender to pinfall finishes in WarGames.

Edited by The Natural

3 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

If any match in wrestling in 2019 needs blood, it’s the women’s war games. It won’t happen, but it really really needs it.

If only Charlotte was in. She seems to bleed hard way the easiest out of the women in WWE. Not sure if that is bad luck or the Flair genes in her.

23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

SAlso, this seems relevant since Shayna does have one spot open...

So.  Is this heel turn foreshadowing Chekov's Gun or a McGuffin?

22 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Mia Yim vs Io Shirai ladder match on next weeks NXT show to decide who gets the advantage in War Games.

PANTS FREE MATCH~!

Edited by J.T.

23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

WARGAMES MATCH - Shayna Baszler/Bianca BelAir/悪の Io Shirai/? vs. Rhea Ripley/Mia Yim/Candice LaRae/Tegan Nox

I haven't been watching NXT weekly. Does Shayna teaming with Bianca and Io make any sense?

16 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I haven't been watching NXT weekly. Does Shayna teaming with Bianca and Io make any sense?

If I were going to war, I'd want crazy ass Io Shirai on my team and Bianca is that badass brand new hotness so it makes sense for Shayna to align with them purely from an I Want To Win perspective.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me from a booking perspective is that Shayna would pick Io and Bianca to be on her team before anyone in her own stable. 

What does that say about what Shayna may think about Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir?  Does she question their ability, or is she just keeping them out of the mix to serve as insurance policies if the match should go south?

Edited by J.T.

So...

It's now Finn Balor vs. Matt Riddle

NXT UK Women's Champ Kay Lee Ray is the 4th member of Team Baszler

Dominik Dijakovic is replacing Riddle on the War Game team (they still need a 4th)

It also seems fairly obvious that Pete Dunne vs Killian Dain vs Damien Priest will be the 4th match

Also - this Takeover is looking like it will be the first Takeover to not have a single title defense

The only titles left that realistically would be defended on this show 

• NXT UK Men's
  • NXT Cruiserweight 
  • Women's Tag Titles
  • NXT UK Tag

In theory they could back door a title defense for either Cole or Baszler by adding a "if the champ is pinned they lose the title" stip.  But I'd just prefer WALTER doing something violent to... let's say Dave Mastiff?  Sure. 

I think the big reason for no title defenses is the fact that all the champs are working Survivor Series

So either you know the results of said title match going in or you false advertise a match for the PPV (not that the WWE cares about the second part)

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also - this Takeover is looking like it will be the first Takeover to not have a single title defense

The only titles left that realistically would be defended on this show 

• NXT Cruiserweight 

After last night, I could see them running Rush/Garza again to get a title match on the show.  

I feel like those two could really use the two ring setup to do some crazy shit.  

• Like 2