DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 11/6/2019

Dolfan in NYC

The build towards Full Gear continues:

• PAC vs. Trent
  • Kenny Omega & “Hangman” Adam Page vs. AEW World Champion Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara
  • Cody makes a career announcement

I sure do hope that no one interrupts Cody this time! 

3 minutes ago, olythegreat89 said:

I’m surprised they were able to afford the “Wrestling Superstar” himself for that Jericho segment. AEW definitely aren’t sparing any expenses. 

Thankfully for AEW, Olive Garden isn't very expensive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Check out Tessa Blanchard’s tweet right after the conclusion of Cody Rhodes’s promo.

Its happening baby!!

Don't fly too close to the sun again.

Tears of joy watching that Jericho video. Cody promo was so wonderful too. Going off of that, it would point towards Cody winning because one of them is taking this seriously/putting a big stipulation on the line and the other is making goofy videos.

Opener was fire until Bryce had an Earl Hebner moment (and I love me some Remsburg). Trent is one of the best sellers in da bishnish and Pac looked the best he's been so far in AEW. More of that please. 

Am only at the women's tag match.

• Like 1

At the show. 
Fun crowd. 
Ending was so much fun. 
Dark Order is not over at all. 
Women’s Tag got a lot of heat once it got going. 
Codys Promo was just amazing. 
Washed up Jericho is best Jericho. “Youngest AEW Champ”

• Like 2

Trent Vs. PAC was going good until the botched ending pin/sub. Cody’s from the heart promo was fantastic. The actual “major announcement” was noting more than the old “If I lose” gimmick, but the rest of it was awesome.

The women’s division overall is a mess. But if they continue to focus on Shanna, Hayter, Riho, Shida, and (when she’s available) Emi, then they’ll be in a way better spot than they were all the way back at Fyter Fest. I thought all four women busted their asses. Might’ve even had a better match than the main. I’ve also developed a crush on Hayter. So I’m biased.

The Jericho parody of Cody’s hype video almost made me forget his interview with You Know Who. Legit one of the funniest things I’ve watched in wrestling in a long time.

Spears Vs. Cutler that led into Joey Janela making the save to lead into a match at Full Gear for Janela Vs. Spears. Blaaaaaah... I don’t care.

The main was your typical good tag match. Although Jericho did more here, than at any other time, but this was all about the brawl at the end with crisscrossing feuds, and highspots. I personally preferred the concession stand brawl more, but this was an awesome way to go into the PPV.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

That was the best women's match in the company's illustrious history of women's matches. Those four tried so hard and were better than anybody else they have signed. I hope they can steal away Bea and Hayter from Stardom (INCOMING EIVION POST ?). Shanna is 2 for 2. Riho is very good and very lovable. Thumbs up.

Thought that was also the best the Dark Order have looked. Really fun tag match.

• Like 7

That was a fucking A+ 2 hours of wrestling. There is something about Trent? that I just dig, man. I don't know what the deal was with the two count on Black Arrow, Trent? didn't move a fucking muscle. Best Friends and Orange Cassidy are the TRUTH. 

I thought the women's match was well structured in that it gave the three ladies in it that weren't already the champ the vast majority of the shine and let them do their thing. I like Sakura trying to face it up with the stomp/clap while her partner was motherfucking everyone and being a double bad guy. I think Jamie Hayter is my new favorite wrestler. Throws bombs like she means it, and fun to watch her really try to get completely unlikable. Plus, if I'm being completely honest, I think she's super pretty, so there's that.

I liked the Brandi segment, especially if she is getting out of in-ring work and just acting as a mouthpiece, she's becoming a really good promo, but although it was well delivered, it was kind of rambling and nonsensical. Who is calling her a clown? I don't know. Whatever. Awesome Kong come in to fuck fools up at Brandi's bidding? I can dig it.

Cutler is a sacrificial lamb, but they need somebody to lose, and I liked his work while doing it. I thought Spears was good, and I think they are using him pretty well. I loved that shirt he was wearing. If that is an official piece of merch and is blank on the back, I'm all over it.

I love the Dark Order, and I was hoping they'd get the W, but no go. Private Party seem too rehearsed and not good enough at the transition side of things for my liking. They do great shit, but it doesn't have enough of the linking work to be anything more than  impressive athletically.

Brawl to close it out after a really fun tag match with lots of Hager fuckery was awesome. Loved the finish being moved along by the nut shot, but if I'm honest, I figured Page and Omega to not gel quite as well because of the dissension stuff they've been seeding.

Really good way to go into PPV. I didn't think anything dragged, and all the stories progressed nicely. I keep hoping that they will work out the timing with commercials not interrupting matches, but I'm sure that is something that is an area of concern to the production crew.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 7

Just now, Black Angel said:

The fact that Pac took OC's kicks and still go on to win shows just how much of a tough bastard he is.

He fucking killed OC with that kick. In fact, a lot of people got killed with kicks. Page kicking Jericho’s head off, and then a moment later Jericho shoot drop kicking Hangman for the receipt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Black Angel said:

The fact that Pac took OC's kicks and still go on to win shows just how much of a tough bastard he is.

I might take some hatred from this but Pac not looking like a fucking idiot and destroying Orange with a kick makes him the top face in the company in my book.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I might take some hatred from this but Pac not looking like a fucking idiot and destroying Orange with a kick makes him the top face in the company in my book.  

Nobody has sold Orange Cassidy's kicks in AEW, so this is a weird statement.

Anyway, I'm calling it now: Adam Page costs Cody the title at Full Gear. He was Cody's MJF before MJF was signed, stuck by Cody during the Omega stuff in Japan, etc. The storyline writes itself.

• Like 6

Great show. Nice to see a go-home show for a PPV that's not non-stop shilling, but instead just makes you want to watch it by having compelling storylines built.

This was the first time an AEW crowd has seriously got behind Emi Sakura's call-and-response Mercurisms. But it was in the break, so nobody got to see it, unless they put the clip on twitter. They should, the rolling Romero Specials was a nice move.

No idea what's on Dark this week - judging by who wasn't on Dynamite I'd say Darby Allin, Jimmy Havoc, Britt Baker and maybe the Bucks & Pround & Powerful (but not against each other, obviously).

• Like 3