DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 11/6/2019 ​​​​​​​​​

Dolfan in NYC

Did Fish do a Ken Shamrock?

Mia channeled some Sandman there. Dakota could go the heel route but I think her remaining face while her teamates turns heel maybe the better choice.

Garza is seriously charismatic, like Rick Rude level oozing with it. Nese and Garza would be a great tag team, too.

Both Priest and Dijakovic don't wrestle their weight, not sure if this is a big flaw since it's really entertaining to watch.

Finn is doing a great anime dark horse/Racer X.

2 hours ago, turk128 said:

Both Priest and Dijakovic don't wrestle their weight, not sure if this is a big flaw since it's really entertaining to watch.

I think much of the time they do well but get these occasional moments where they go too far with it. That bump on Swerve's lariat was moronic for Dijakovic to take.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hammerva said:

The idea of turning Dakota who may be the most over female in NXT a good 2 months after turning Bayley heel is basically saying that they stopped caring about kids in their demographic.   So it is not happening.    

You're counting on the company who moved the Fiend to Smackdown when the gimmick was in the being over stratosphere on RAW to make a good judgment call on the future of Dakota Kai based on demos.

Besides, there is nothing more basic in pro wrestling than the redemption story and that interview was the perfect heel turn seed for Dakota.  Fans will love her even more after she returns from the dark side.  

If Sgt. Slaughter can go back to being a beloved face after turning on his country and tagging with Iranians, Dakota Kai will be just fine.

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

Is Dakota really that beloved? 

The perfect time to for a heel turn is at the height of a baby face's popularity.

No one will be shocked senseless if Mia Yim turns heel.  

There may very well be tears if Dakota Kai bashes Rhea Ripley with a kendo stick and the bookers will see nothing but money falling from the sky.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

You're counting on the company who moved the Fiend to Smackdown when the gimmick was in the being over stratosphere on RAW to make a good judgment call on the future of Dakota Kai based on demos.

I don't think the Fiend was ever contracted to a specific show until the most recent draft.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

The perfect time to for a heel turn is at the height of a baby face's popularity.

I get that. I'm just not sure Kai is really at the height of her popularity.