DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK TEN

Dolfan in NYC

18 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Steven Haushka can go fuck himself. . . 

He was bad but only running 2 plays in the last 90 seconds of the game is the real problem.  It was like they said that a 40+ yard FG is good enough 

So is Tank for Tua being replaced by Bury for Burrow?  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't know how this will end, but why the fuck did Carolina go for two after cutting it to 8 with 11 to play?

https://sports.yahoo.com/going-for-2-down-8-ron-rivera-makes-controversial-but-correct-call-004316928.html

One of these days people will write an article that explains it that doesn't come a tone of FUCKING NERDS~!

But to summarize the point

But teams going for two on the first attempt give themselves a much better chance to win in regulation — especially late. The likelihood of scoring three times, kicking only extra points on touchdowns, is extremely remote. But getting that first two-pointer cuts the lead to six; now all they need is a stop, a touchdown and an extra point for a (likely) win.

Missing the first two-point try hurts, sure. But being down eight points keeps it a one-point game. This is where separating the end result from the process is important. People might still have yelped had the Panthers made it, but not as much certainly.

40 minutes ago, hammerva said:

He was bad but only running 2 plays in the last 90 seconds of the game is the real problem.  It was like they said that a 40+ yard FG is good enough 

So is Tank for Tua being replaced by Bury for Burrow?  

I listened on the internet/followed on the ESPN app so I missed that part. But yes Brian Dabol's play calling is usually pretty shitty as well. IF Josh Allen ever develops a deep throw the rest of the league is fucked, but that's a big IF and a long time away. I'm afraid the Bills are turning into a pumpkin again. . . . 

13 minutes ago, Infinit said:

After the way this season started, i didn't think I'd see the Steelers in a wildcard spot with the Browns, Bungles and Browns on deck. Goodtimes.

The Steelers defense is legitimately good...the offense is fucking terrible though.  As long as Mason Rudolph is taking the snaps, I don't think you should get your hopes up.

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

The Steelers defense is legitimately good...the offense is fucking terrible though.  As long as Mason Rudolph is taking the snaps, I don't think you should get your hopes up.

Agreed...but 10 wins and/or a wildcard spot would've be a miracle for a this team if you told be Ben would be out all year, and after losing Bell and AB.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:15 PM, supremebve said:

He played in one game, and had one working foot in that game.  Before the shoulder injury last year, he was phenomenal.  Kyle Allen isn't even playing particularly well, he's just not turning the ball over.  He's not scaring anyone.  If Cam comes back at 80% of what he was at the beginning of last season, he's in the top half of quarterbacks in the league.  Kyle Allen will be somebody else's back up.  I'm just saying, Cam was very good the last time he was healthy, and people are talking about getting rid of him for a Matt Moore clone.

Cam played in two games. Regardless of the reasons, he didn't produce. 

Rogers was... It's weird. He's a highschool legend in Saginaw. And though I hated it, he was amazing at MSU. Uncoverable at times.

We all know that injuries and addiction derailed him in the NFL before he ever got going. And, on one hand, he's not the first or last great college player to not live up to it in the NFL.

But not very many of them had it all happen in the same state. The same fans that loved him in highschool and college root for the Lions. He was the hometown boy made good, and it all went so bad. 

He wound up broke, and broken, and this just sucks. He's only four months older than I am.

• Sad 1