DVDVR Message Board

Raw is an In(xt)Vasion - 11/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Watch his recent matches with Dijakovic on NXT.  Mid-card comedy would be a criminal misuse of him.

Oh I get he's good in the ring. Lee would undoubtedly tear me apart in a fight, but I wouldn't be intimidated in his presence, quite the opposite actually. I've said this before but with his voice and natural charisma, he would make a fortune narrating anime/kids movies. I predict he will be a massive success, just not in the way people think.

If he can develop that Mark Henry ''could kill you at any moment'' gift, I might change my mind.

55 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Oh I get he's good in the ring. Lee would undoubtedly tear me apart in a fight, but I wouldn't be intimidated in his presence, quite the opposite actually. I've said this before but with his voice and natural charisma, he would make a fortune narrating anime/kids movies. I predict he will be a massive success, just not in the way people think.

If he can develop that Mark Henry ''could kill you at any moment'' gift, I might change my mind.

With the voice and soothing presence, he's a perfect fit for the "monster who's also a cultured intellectual" gimmick that they've tried a few times, most recently with Rowan. He's got an Avengers Endgame Hulk vibe that is really engaging.

Riddle I'm more worried about. That's the guy that they could pretty easily turn into a midcard comedy act despite his credentials. "Stoner bro who never wins matches because he always has the munchies" seems like a peak "that's good shit pal" gimmick.

• Like 2

The UE just doesn't look threatening. At all. I was expecting the main roster guys to send them back to the cookie-baking tree where they belong. They're the poster children for "won't get over on the main roster." Guys like Riddle, Lee, and girls like Baszler and Ripley have enough personality to stand out on Raw and Smackdown, but none of the guys in UE do. You can't rely on your work alone to get over on main roster TV. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, just drew said:

The UE just doesn't look threatening. At all. I was expecting the main roster guys to send them back to the cookie-baking tree where they belong. They're the poster children for "won't get over on the main roster." Guys like Riddle, Lee, and girls like Baszler and Ripley have enough personality to stand out on Raw and Smackdown, but none of the guys in UE do. You can't rely on your work alone to get over on main roster TV. 

I think ReDragon would fine as long as they were basically in the same hench roles they are in now.

Cole's personality can carry him pretty far. That's been the case his entire career. 

Cole's told the story before of how he was travelling with other wrestlers and wearing WWE stuff, and someone at an airport asked him if he worked on the crew. He better hope that anecdote never makes it back to Vince. 

5 hours ago, w. josh said:

It's hard to imagine how they're going to fuck up Keith Lee being a huge star, so I look forward to seeing which route they go to do exactly that.

Clearly you haven't been watching NXT since he's had the "guy who has done nothing in a year and is a total loser" gimmick up until about a month ago.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

She is only like 19 so she is the youngest person on the main roster (and pretty much ever)

Great, now I feel like I should be yelling CIBERNETICO YOU PERV at myself... 

4 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Shame they aren’t sticking with Catalina as the finish is right there.

The Catalina Wine Mixer

...and not making the joke that this implies. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, just drew said:

262d4-15523687189507-800.jpg

hi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Regarding the size issue - Meltzer said that is specifically why folks like Dijakovic and Damien Priest were used on RAW so that not all the NXT guys would look tiny (and when you consider that the person Dijakovic and Priest attacked was Luke Gallows, it makes sense)

9 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Are we still writing dudes off because of their size? I thought we broke that conditioning when Daniel Bryan became a megastar.

Maybe they should push Lars or something, clearly Cole isn't worth it.

Bryan is a lot thicker than Cole and carries himself like a fighter.  Also see:  AJ Styles.  

Nobody is writing him off. 

Adam Cole is charismatic as hell, is one of the best guys on the mic, and can go in the ring. Who gives a shit how short he is. Jesus. The fixation with height on here is ridiculous at times. If you don't make him look like an ass clown and have him beat people convincingly then he'll continue staying over.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Bryan is a lot thicker than Cole and carries himself like a fighter.  Also see:  AJ Styles.  

Hmm...

Hmmmm...

Ohhh...

Hmmm....

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, w. josh said:

It's hard to imagine how they're going to fuck up Keith Lee being a huge star, so I look forward to seeing which route they go to do exactly that.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Some of y'all need to bask in Keith Lee's glory to know he's not a comedy act and probably can't be used as one.

He easily has the combination of charisma and size to get slotted into the Kane/Big Show “turn a million times and get saddled with dumb shit because you can easily stay over/get reheated quickly” role. 

There is just something about Cole that makes me not really care for him much in the ring or find him terribly believable compared to others. However much I might not give a crap about him though the audience clearly buys into him so that is kind of all that really matters.