DVDVR Message Board

Raw is an In(xt)Vasion - 11/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'll say what you won't...

Carolina needs a "hip attack" in her repertoire. 

Hell man you beat me to it.

14 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

and that's how you end up with a move where Carolina rubs her butt over the face of an opponent in the corner

Sign me up.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the first hour, the Brock/Rey stuff was fun and I look forward to their match.

I hate the forced "invasion" stuff but wouldn't mind if it was just these 2-3 acts doing their thing without that added nonsense. Just Shayna going after Becky, Adam Cole and his manager Triple H testing himself against the top guys of both brands, and Kyle/Fish in the 3 way tag, that would all work fine.

• Like 2

The women's tag was surprisingly bad given everyone involved, and I'm kind of pissed Asuka lost to Nattie.

Match wise nothing really stood out to me aside from that bad women's tag. Story wise I actually dug a decent amount with NXT continuing to get built as a threat/true to rival to Raw & Smackdown.

The HHH/Rollins segment was surprisingly nice. I dug Seth refusing to come into NXT as anything less than the top guy and demanding a title match with Cole.

The Becky/Shayna faceoff was good though poor Bayley totally got turned into a third wheel.

The Brock/Rey stuff was nice, especially with Rey trying to cripple Brock with a bat.

• Like 1

I just remembered the Viking Smasher Destroyer Guys Onslaught beating up those Yuppie jobbers. One if not both of them were black though, do Yuppies have non-segregated polo clubs now? One of them had a haircut that seems like it would definitely deny entrance into Patrick Bateman's coke dealer's favorite club. 

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

To be fair to Charlotte, and other wrestlers. You’re taught in wrestling school to attack the occipital lobe causing a rupture of the cerebrospinal fluid, and thus temporarily blind your opponent before attempting top rope maneuvers. This is a medical fact. So it’s most likely her opponents can’t see her at that moment. I’m sure Johnny Saint didn’t teach that to ZBJ in Australian Square Dancing school. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I'm shocked they're doing something substantive with Rey. Either they suddenly realized they had the goat on their books or Brock requested to work with him, I'll go with the latter. The feud has been awesome. Put the title on Rey. He's cutting the best promos of his career.

Becky/Shayna promo was great too. Loved the call back to Ronda. 

Didn't watch the main event, but Seth needing guidance from Papa H when it all goes tits up for him made him look like the biggest loser ever.

8 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Keith Lee is like the exception that proves the rule when it comes to big guys doing little guy stuff. If you doing it doesn't look as cool as Keith doing it, you shouldn't do it. 

I just love Keith being the man that cannot be countered and must be avoided at all costs.  I thought the art of building monster faces died with peak Andre the Giant but it's not quite over.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I mean we knew this but Cole looked so tiny compared to Seth.

Pretty good show this week.

I laughed when he pulled his knee pad down. “Oh, you’re in for it now Seth! He’s going to hit you with a twig!”

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

RAW was pretty good but there are some things I did not like such as dudes like Ciampa and Lee being out there with the Undisputed Era fighting for brand loyalty. I don't think it makes sense.  

You can have Ciampa fight The Miz and it makes sense.   You cannot have dudes who are in a blood feud this close to War Games setting their differences aside...  

We’ll see how/if they address it Wednesday, but technically, Ciampa told Goldie she’d have to wait while he was going to war. He didn’t actually say against whom.

I’m disappointed the yuppies weren’t given the names Max and Jacob.

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cleavy said:

this should be the main women's match at WM, if Rousey isn't returning by then.

Then I hope Ronda stays on vacation a bit longer for her own sake at least until she can give more confidant promos and is not so green looking in the ring.

If she steps in to challenge Becky, she'll get instant X-Pac heat and I don't think she'd be much more welcomed if she were challenging Baszler but at least you'd have two women in the ring with legit MMA grappling skills to back up their kayfabe.

With Baszler, Ronda would at least have someone to shoot scramble with so maybe being in a more comfortable environment would help her overcome her ring jitters.

Edited by J.T.

I like that someone described RAW's ending as something like "Seth Rollins giving a cop speech to stop snitching on social media and then not being saved at the end of the show is some amazing unintended storytelling"

It obviously isn't a perfect metaphor but it is still making me giggle

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know anything about Carolina, I seen she was signed to NXT.  What was she doing before?  That was a quick call up to the main roster too, right.  I don't know if she will stay beyond this feud. 

She is only like 19 so she is the youngest person on the main roster (and pretty much ever)

She worked as Jessy in Chile.

Her real name is Catalina hence why there is that confusion over whether she is "Carolina" or "Catalina"

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I like that someone described RAW's ending as something like "Seth Rollins giving a cop speech to stop snitching on social media and then not being saved at the end of the show is some amazing unintended storytelling"

It obviously isn't a perfect metaphor but it is still making me giggle

It's mind-boggling that babyfaces in WWE hardly ever watch each other's back.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to believe that Vince has forgotten how a babyface is supposed to think/behave, or if the kayfabe explanation is that WWE wrestlers don't pay attention to the shows either and don't notice when their fellow babyfaces are getting beat down.

Admittedly, it'd be amusing if all of Seth's fellow babyfaces were in catering or walking out of the arena and pointedly not watching the monitors to see what was going on in the ring.

Edited by Whodathunkit

35 minutes ago, Rehabilitated Rick said:

Keith Lee screams mid-card comedy act to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Watch his recent matches with Dijakovic on NXT.  Mid-card comedy would be a criminal misuse of him.

• Like 5