DVDVR Message Board

Raw is an In(xt)Vasion - 11/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

That was a pretty good Raw right there. 

But I'm sure between the people who hate Seth and the people who hate Adam  Cole (Bay bay) this will be "the worst Raw ever".  ??‍♂️

As someone who likes Seth and thinks Adam Cole fucking rules, I liked this Raw a lot.

• Like 4

Just now, The Natural said:

EIk_JeFXUAAflTD?format=png&name=small

That looks a lot like another simple one on one match I was really looking forward to that they managed to fuck every which way.  I wonder if they learned a lesson from that?

Oh, it's already a three-way you say?  Oh, there's still plenty of time to make it a fatal five way double submission falls count only under a table match?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

RAW was pretty good but there are some things I did not like such as dudes like Ciampa and Lee being out there with the Undisputed Era fighting for brand loyalty. I don't think it makes sense.  

You can have Ciampa fight The Miz and it makes sense.   You cannot have dudes who are in a blood feud this close to War Games setting their differences aside...  

• Like 3

Also, yeah the tag champions losing to a makeshift team of Charlotte and Nattie was bad too.  The match wasn't good either..   some will disagree but Dakota Kai and Tegan Nox looked a lot better in their efforts than Charlotte and Nattie who were moving in slow motion. 

Nattie has been pretty bad for a while outside of a couple matches and Charlotte has taken a big step backwards this year. 

• Like 1

The self-fellatio over having the "first ever" Saudi women's match where they both wore like ten pairs of clothes was pretty vomitous. 

It was nice seeing Rey actually use a baseball bat like a baseball bat. First time in wrestling ever? FWIW whenever I think about using a bat it is not poking someone with the top of it

It kills me that every time someone wrecks the announce table they just have to sit there with no table. You'd think they'd have backups ready because this happens every couple of episodes if not more. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

I mean we knew this but Cole looked so tiny compared to Seth.

Pretty good show this week.

Felt the same way with he vs Bryan but Shawn and Hunter supporting him why should it matter this ain't 2005 when they were laughing at CM Punk at the monitor Backstage 

That women’s tag was awful. At least one segment too long. Everyone’s timing sucked. Charlotte with some of the corniest facials of her career. Bad night in a match with three really strong performers. 

My take on Cole is his match quality tends to correlate heavily with what I think of his opponent. Not sure I should bother with the main event. 

Buddy and Cedric had a good match that nobody cared about. 

Rey vs Lesnar should be a fun five minute match. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Keith Lee is like the exception that proves the rule when it comes to big guys doing little guy stuff. If you doing it doesn't look as cool as Keith doing it, you shouldn't do it. 

Keith is shaped in a way that makes his little guy stuff look like it should squish people. As opposed to little guy stuff where the guy doing the move looks like he should hurt more than the person taking the move.

12 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'll say what you won't...

Carolina needs a "hip attack" in her repertoire. 

and that's how you end up with a move where Carolina rubs her butt over the face of an opponent in the corner

I was gonna bring this up in the other thread when Rippa mentioned the angle, but them bringing up Brock's advantage over the rest of the roster is so petty, passive aggressive, and totally on-point for Vince and co. They don't have the upper hand on him so they have to rub it in because they can't stand it. Of course, Brock doesn't give a shit which I'm sure makes them even angrier. 

The leash sure was off Heyman tonight btw. "...because he's got a Jew for an advocate", Long Islander imitation, speaking in Latin, the works. 

14 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

It's so new ROH they chose to kept Shane Taylor over Keith Lee. 

and now they're letting Taylor walk come January

I don't defend ROH much, if at all anymore, but it's hard to compete with Gabe offering a singles push in Evolve when they're the gateway to NXT and WWE. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was liking the mixed tag match with Andrade/Zelina vs. Sin Cara/Carolina and Zelina was quite impressive tonight.  

I am settled down.  I'm settled.  *considers promise ring tomorrow*

i5KjeKzR_o.gif

Mmmmm...that possessed look on Zelina's face.

Settle down Nice Guy Cibereddico