DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NCAAF: Week 11

Dolfan in NYC

Gotta give Bama a ton of credit here. After the fumble-92 yard drive-dropped snap on a punt opening, they looked like it was going to be a 48-17 kinda beat down.

Edit: and while I'm typing that...

Edited by Brian Fowler

Well, it was a valiant effort, but it took Tua too long to get back up to game speed.  His 2 first half turnovers were THE crucial turning points in the game.  Played great in the 2nd, though.

Final score was close enough that an 11-1 Bama is going to be in the discussion at the end of the year, whether people like it or not.  Don’t really feel like this is a national title caliber Bama team, though.  This was the worst tackling performance I’ve seen in the Saban era.

On 11/9/2019 at 7:30 PM, EVA said:

Well, it was a valiant effort, but it took Tua too long to get back up to game speed.  His 2 first half turnovers were THE crucial turning points in the game.  Played great in the 2nd, though.

Final score was close enough that an 11-1 Bama is going to be in the discussion at the end of the year, whether people like it or not.  Don’t really feel like this is a national title caliber Bama team, though.  This was the worst tackling performance I’ve seen in the Saban era.

Tua: At least today can't be any worse.

*Sees he's all but certain to end up either a Bengal or Redskin*

Tua: Dear God please kill me.

Alabama dropping to #4 in the AP so I can already see the agenda is strong.  The committee had Penn St. in the top 4 last week so after the Gophers beat them I'm interested to see where they will land this week or is it going to be a case of "well, they were Penn St." and as we always realize around this time of year the committee, press and coaches are all full of shit. 

LMAO!

As should be expected in a huge game between top-3 teams, Alabama welcomed a large contingency of football recruits to Bryant-Denny Stadium on Saturday. Given that a good number of those prospects had both LSU and Alabama on their short lists, the Tigers didn’t wait to make a pitch to the recruits in Alabama’s recruiting section.

During that postgame celebration, video showed Tigers players Thaddeus Moss, Grant Delpit, Marcel Brooks and Cameron Lewis going over to the Bama recruits and making a case for LSU. Right there from the field.

Hey, you have to give the Tigers players credit. That was some heads-up recruiting and a solid way to make an impression.

• Haha 2

Rutgers, as I may have already mentioned, are averaging 6 points per game in conference play. They are well on their way to being the worst team in Big 10 history.

This could be real fucking ugly real quick.