DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXXIII - 11/24/2019

Dolfan in NYC

For the record - that group hasn’t been formally announced as the team

In fact I posted in the SDL thread a video where Storm was asked if she was on the team and she said that she “hadn’t been formally asked yet”

Triple H said last night that Shawn Michaels will announce the men’s NXT on the kickoff show because “they want to see who is healthy”

That would definitely be one of those statements that is a work and shoot

Oh man, Booker T on the pre-show comparing Sami Zayn to Flava Flav, completely corpsing at his own joke that also got Coach and Christian laughing, then telling Zayn to end on a "Yaaaaaah boiiiiiiiiii!" which makes Sami drop the mic and stalk off (Presumably to keep from laughing himself) will probably be better than almost anything on the PPV.

Edited by caley
  • Like 4

Lots of people bag on WWE around here and for good reason. I've pretty much forgotten Smackdown has been on ever since it's moved to Friday, NXT has been stale for a while, and Raw is just background noise. In spite of all that, this was a very solid show.

I barely paid attention to the tag battle royal but putting over a team of two jobbers who haven't been wrestling regularly dosen't really do anyone any favors.

The CW and tag matches were both fine but unmemorable.

The women's match was a nice opener. I figured some fuckery was afoot with Candice and Io going to the back early on. Unclean win or not, Ripley still looked like a badass mixing it up with the other women.

Three way matches in WWE have been a big disappointment more often than not as the formula tends to be the same each time. This wasn't the case here as all three worked really well together and featured a lot of sweet segments. Roddy going over was a nice choice.

I only care about Adam Cole as much as who he's wrestling and Pete Dunne is a favorite of mine. This was an entertaining match but the wrong person won.

They can revamp Bray Wyatt's image all they want but after everything in his career I have little faith in there being any consistency to his programs. The red light just reminded me of Kane's gimmicky matches. There wasn't anything bad about this match, I just didn't care about it, especially with Bryan losing.

Walter getting eliminated right out of the gate was totall bullshit and the crowd seemed to agree. I really want to see one on one matches between he and Strowman/McIntyre. The Riddle/Gable segment was also awesome and I hope we manage to see more of those two mixing it up. On the downside, the whole dissention within teams is a dumb angle to put into SS matches. Rollins and Reigns being the last two from their teams was also bullsit, though Keith Lee looked like an absolute boss against the two of them. 

lol Brock wins

The women's three way kind of drug. I'm surprised Shayna went over clean. Looking forward to her inevitable program with Becky.

• Like 1

I thought the show was a mixed bag. Enjoyed The Fiend vs. Daniel Bryan and the traditional Survivor Series elimination matches. Cole/Dunne made Dunne look weak, he couldn't beat someone who was beaten up in the WarGames. Baszler/Lynch/Bayley went on last and it was anticlimactic.

This is the fourth Survivor Series since the brand split was reintroduced in 2016. NXT's involvement made it a step up, ditto wrestlers wrestling without having to wear their brand shirts. Only the main eventers were able to do that. However it didn't have a MOTYC like last year (Lesnar/Bryan) and the year before (Lesnar/Styles). 

Edited by The Natural

I thought this was a great show with some awesome interactions between Rhea Ripley and Sasha Banks with dueling chants and the spots between Riddle and Gable and Gable and Ricochet and then obviously the finish of the men's match with Keith Lee and Roman.  

I enjoyed all 3 title matches for different reasons.  Cole/Dunne was very much an NXT main event and a good one,   DANIEL FUCKING BRYAN is quite possibly the best wrestler since 2000 and he continues to prove why...  a match with "The Fiend" character is not an easy go and Bryan was all time great in there...   then you had Dominic and Rey getting some payback together against Brock..  didn't quite pull it off but it was real fun.  

Some nitpicks:  I thought WALTER went out too early and I didn't think Becky needed to stand tall at all.  If NXT is going to have their moment then let Shayna have the moment.  

I'm not going to complain about many of the results,  every brand got something and no brand looked too weak,  maybe RAW a little bit but they're fine. 

I don't have much interest in a Becky vs. Shayna match down the line,  I think there's other way more interesting possibilities.  This match shouldn't have been the main event and we all knew poor Bayley was getting jobbed out from the very start,  they didn't even pretend to give her anything..    and she was the best worker in the match.  

• Like 2